Page 18 of 75 FirstFirst ... 81415161718192021222868 ... LastLast

All great ideas for Kristoff. I also like the idea of him using force-field armor. The Machiavellian personality would also work well for Kristoff. Him using all of his resources (magical, technological, political) allows for him to fit in a number of stories. His intelligence allows him to act as a foe or even an ally to just about any character.

What do you think would be a suitable code-name for Kristoff? I think he would need a firm identity/moniker; one that allows for him to further develop a personality of his own.
    We are the Dora Milaje. We are the daughters of the 18 tribes of Wakanda. We are the teeth of the Panther God. Out of 10,000 years of sweat and bloodshed and battle are we born. We are the women of this ancient land. Deadliest of the species. And our time has come!

Citizen of Atlantis ImperiusWrecked's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by nj06 View Post
    All great ideas for Kristoff. I also like the idea of him using force-field armor. The Machiavellian personality would also work well for Kristoff. Him using all of his resources (magical, technological, political) allows for him to fit in a number of stories. His intelligence allows him to act as a foe or even an ally to just about any character.

What do you think would be a suitable code-name for Kristoff? I think he would need a firm identity/moniker; one that allows for him to further develop a personality of his own.
    I'm loving the kristoff talk so much. I like the idea of the of Latverian Prince becoming a more formidable and constant presence. As for a code name I would like something that reflects he is the Son of Doom.
    "No one should ever question where my allegiance lies." - Namor of Atlantis

Mighty Member

For Kristoff, we should bring Cassie Lang back into the mix. Don't remember anything about main universe, but I enjoyed them in MC2. I'm not looking for romance, but a normal friend would be good for Kristoff.

Quote Originally Posted by ImperiusWrecked View Post
    I'm loving the kristoff talk so much. I like the idea of the of Latverian Prince becoming a more formidable and constant presence. As for a code name I would like something that reflects he is the Son of Doom.
    I like the Kristoff talk as well. He definitely needs to make a significant comeback in the comics. I think he needs a code-name that can reflect his relationship with Doom but also supports his own identity if that makes sense.
    We are the Dora Milaje. We are the daughters of the 18 tribes of Wakanda. We are the teeth of the Panther God. Out of 10,000 years of sweat and bloodshed and battle are we born. We are the women of this ancient land. Deadliest of the species. And our time has come!

Latverian ambassador Iron Maiden's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by U.N. Owen View Post
    For Kristoff, we should bring Cassie Lang back into the mix. Don't remember anything about main universe, but I enjoyed them in MC2. I'm not looking for romance, but a normal friend would be good for Kristoff.
    Even though a relationship with Scott Lang's daughter might be awkward, I'd like this to happen also. In the MC2 Universe, the adult Kristoff and Cassie were in love. She was in the A-Next team and her code name was Stinger. Or how about Kristoff and Valeria? I do miss Bentley 32 (or was it 23) and I didn't like how Slott got rid of the Future Foundation right off the bat. That doesn't bode well to me.
    Last edited by Iron Maiden; 07-20-2019 at 02:07 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Abe View Post
    Hi, beautiful people of Latveria!

Just passing by to say that I enjoy the current discussions - and I'm learning a lot about Kristoff, which is cool.

Nevertheless I'm not really in the mood for posting nowadays anyway, and I must confess that I have nothing interesting to add to the thread. Of course the fact that I'm quite bored by the current FF book doesn't help much.

Even if it gets better I still don't feel much about the art - and regret the first issues... About the story I usually don't dislike Slott's works, and I also still wait to see where the current arc is leading us, but I don't feel engage at all in the story. I can't help it. (Ieven fear that the war if the realms tie-in and the loss of Ribic as cover artist could let me put the book out of my pull-list ant trade wait maybe...)

Last but not least, I absolutely loved the tittle if the thread when Reviresvo restarted it. It was absolutely perfect!!! So I'm kinda disappointed by what happened yesterday I think... Not posting but still lurking, and now the forum is a bit less appealing...
    Hi Abe,

Nice to see you still visit here. I am a bit underwhelmed by Slott's work so far. I never thought I'd say that I'd miss Bendis but I do think he had the right idea about Doom in the post - Secret Wars world. So far we have a by the numbers Doom and I just haven't found him to be as interesting.

Quote Originally Posted by Iron Maiden View Post
    Even thought a relationship with Scott Lang's daughter might be awkward, I'd like this to happen also. In the MC2 Universe, the adult Kristoff and Cassie were in love. She was in the A-Next team and her code name was Stinger. Or how about Kristoff and Valeria? I do miss Bentley 32 (or was it 23) and I didn't like how Slott got rid of the Future Foundation right off the bat. That doesn't bode well to me.
    Honestly, the Kristoff/Valeria pair seems way too simplistic for me. Oooohhh, let's pair off the kids of two enemies! Now, there should be some sort of connection between them, their personalities and relations to Victor make for some nice contrast and could provide interesting play. I could see Cassie as being possibly connected to Kristoff. Her mainstream, more normal existence being the light attracting Kristoff to her. And some resentment towards what happened to her due to Victor and a need to "protect" her added motivation. Plus the Langs and the Richards are connected pretty well.

I am HOPING that the absence of the Foundation from Slott's run is only to allow a quick development and fixation of status quo. If they do not return soon, I will be upset. The Future Foundation is an important piece of the 21st century FF.

Mighty Member

Of course, the fact that Dr. Doom killed her at one point probably would be a sore spot for everyone.

At least he did choose to bring her back when he only had one chance of using that portion of Wanda's power he was able to obtain.
    I never liked that Heinberg picked Cassie out as the one who had to pay the price for her father coming back.

Quote Originally Posted by CaptCleghorn View Post
    Honestly, the Kristoff/Valeria pair seems way too simplistic for me. Oooohhh, let's pair off the kids of two enemies! Now, there should be some sort of connection between them, their personalities and relations to Victor make for some nice contrast and could provide interesting play. I could see Cassie as being possibly connected to Kristoff. Her mainstream, more normal existence being the light attracting Kristoff to her. And some resentment towards what happened to her due to Victor and a need to "protect" her added motivation. Plus the Langs and the Richards are connected pretty well.

I am HOPING that the absence of the Foundation from Slott's run is only to allow a quick development and fixation of status quo. If they do not return soon, I will be upset. The Future Foundation is an important piece of the 21st century FF.
    Exactly. What better spot for the young gifted of the MU or the neglected ones like the children the Mole Man had discarded than to be mentored and given a home with the Fantastic Four. Dragon Man was the perfect "nanny" and guardian in times of danger.

I picked Valeria and Kristoff because they do have a connection with Doom and Reed that is a bit unique. They both can act as a buffer between Reed and Victor. Kristoff lived with the Fantastic Four for a while just before Onslaught/Heroes Reborn so for short time he did have Reed as a father figure. Kristoff has always been very cordial with Reed and the rest of the FF whenever meet these days.

I still suspect that it is sort of understood that Valera Richards may be somehow connected to Valeria Von Doom, that child from an AU introduced by Claremont. She disappeared as soon as Sue was given back the child she was expecting in Byrne's run. I think between Valeria and Kristoff, the do tend to humanize the character of Victor von Doom quite a bit. I am suspicious about Kristoff's absence these days and the lack of any scenes with Doom and Val like we had with Hickman. Slott is completely ignored this so far.
    Last edited by Iron Maiden; 03-10-2019 at 12:30 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by nj06 View Post
    I like the Kristoff talk as well. He definitely needs to make a significant comeback in the comics. I think he needs a code-name that can reflect his relationship with Doom but also supports his own identity if that makes sense.
    I never thought in that, but yes, he totally should have his own codename. And I think that as a proud son of Doom he will want something related.

Quote Originally Posted by U.N. Owen View Post
    Well I loved the friendship he used to have with Cassie. And in the 616 continuity was really painfully obvious for some people (Scott Lang included but also Lyja) that Kristoff has his first and huge crush on her, and Cassie well, she asked if he had girlfriend to Scoot concern, lol.

I think that was beautiful because Kristoff was a child who was always surrounded by adults and acting as adult, just once I remember one character (Susan Storm) getting worried about carrying a child into war zone but dismissing the idea almost immediately, rest of the time Kristoff were treated and disliked as an adult. Somewhat I liked that, since these days child in comics used to be "naive and chrefull" (like Franklin) or get a free pass to be rude and/or whiny. But not Kristoff, he fight among the adults and never waited or received preferential treatment. So, was nice seeing him acting and being treated as a child for a change. Cassi Lang was a nice contrast, a loved and protected normal child befriended what was basically a child soldier. And make clear that besides the intelligence and nastiness, Kristoff was deep inside and insecure child who was thrown in the world too early and had a very small comfort zone.

As I have said, I would like seeing Kristoff freaking out against his father for killing his only (know) friend, and maye having some influence in Doom bringing her to live. But again we get nothing about it. IMO, reignite the friendship would be rich for both characters since they have history together and would be fun seeing their respectives developments. And yes seeing Scoot AND Doom reactions about it would be hilarious, I don't see any of them too happy about it.

Quote Originally Posted by CaptCleghorn View Post
    I plainly see Kristoff/Valeria as a creepy concept, he is like 10 years older, at least, and while the age gap seems smaller after the time jump still feels very strange seeing someone attracted to the girl he knew as a 3 years old. Also as I have pointed before I don't see Kristoff all comfortable around Valeria while I think they interactions would be interesting, the girl pretty much used his father as canon folder and still Dooms loves her more.

Quote Originally Posted by Iron Maiden View Post
    At least he did choose to bring her back when he only had one chance of using that portion of Wanda's power he was able to obtain.
    I never liked that Heinberg picked Cassie out as the one who had to pay the price for her father coming back.

Exactly. What better spot for the young gifted of the MU or the neglected ones like the children the Mole Man had discarded than to be mentored and given a home with the Fantastic Four. Dragon Man was the perfect "nanny" and guardian in times of danger.

I picked Valeria and Kristoff because they do have a connection with Doom and Reed that is a bit unique. They both can act as a buffer between Reed and Victor. Kristoff lived with the Fantastic Four for a while just before Onslaught/Heroes Reborn so for short time he did have Reed as a father figure. Kristoff has always been very cordial with Reed and the rest of the FF whenever meet these days.

I still suspect that it is sort of understood that Valera Richards may be somehow connected to Valeria Von Doom, that child from an AU introduced by Claremont. She disappeared as soon as Sue was given back the child she was expecting in Byrne's run. I think between Valeria and Kristoff, the do tend to humanize the character of Victor von Doom quite a bit. I am suspicious about Kristoff's absence these days and the lack of any scenes with Doom and Val like we had with Hickman. Slott is completely ignored this so far.
    I'm fixed on the Valeria/Kristoff relationship as more a rivalry than a romance. val has spent a lot of time with Doom and that, of course would give Kristoff reason to think. Now Kristoff's time with the Four may not be to that extent, especially with the Foundation kids, but Val's curiousity as to what her parents could see in Kristoff may be interesting. Of course, the new older Val seems to be more socially adept.

Damn, Kristoff and the Richards kids could make for some good teen drama, couldn't it? All that power and all that intelligence in unable to dispose of teenage angst and parental drama.

I've got to show love for my second favorite comic book villain (after only Lex Luthor). Dr. Victor Von Doom is beyond epic.
    "So you've come to the end now alive but dead inside."

While I wouldn't want Kristoff and Val to become a romantic couple, I would like to see them interact with one another (and Franklin too). It must be jarring for Kristoff to see how much Doom cares for Val while he has never received that much affection before.

Quote Originally Posted by Celgress View Post
    I've got to show love for my second favorite comic book villain (after only Lex Luthor). Dr. Victor Von Doom is beyond epic.
    Welcome to the appreciation thread! Just curious but does Lex Luthor have all of these family issues like Doom has with his ward Kristoff, god daughter Valeria, and now another child on the way? Speaking of which, I have a suspicion we will never hear of Amara and her baby again.

In regards to Kristoff and Valeria, I still like the idea of some kind of romantic entanglement but I suppose now would not be the time considering their ages. In some respects they are more like brother & sister. An age gap of say, 5 or more years is more pronounced when you have one party that is perhaps in his late teens and Valeria I guess being around 10 or 12 these days. She always has been older than her years would indicate. IMO both Kristoff and Valeria have the extra confusion of having been instilled with elements of another person's life. Kristoff was given Doom's memories back in Byrne's run and then you have the odd circumstances of Valeria's birth. When Sue was given the chance to give birth to the child that was miscarried in Byrne's run, Valeria von Doom ceased to exist. I think it isn't unreasonable to suspect her extremely rapid mental development could be a case of her being merged with Valeria von Doom somehow.

The issue about Kristoff's age reminds me of something that was teased but AFAIK never developed. Having added him for his first arc in She Hulk, Charles Soule had made some statements at the time that he wanted to use Kristoff in some of his titles. This is from the Director's Cut of one of the early issue of the Death of Wolverine series. I had posted these in the closed thread so might as well add them here. I wish someone would take some interest in the character some day.

The kids ages in this franchise are easily their weakest point. How old are Kristoff, Franklin, and Valeria this year and in this title? Who the f*** knows?

Kristoff can certainly be a minor in his early teens. Doom raising him as old school European monarchy style assumes that a youth could inherit and be at the seat of power. Get an age and have an editor at Marvel nail it down. From there other stuff can flow.

Is he 14? make him emotionally 14. Is he 17? make him emotionally 17. As far as being super-intelligent and plotting those differences aren't going to matter. As far as how he reacts to a potential lover and his feelings for them, then his age makes a difference.

Marvel needs an executive editor in charge of approving kid characters' birthdays.