Page 37 of 43 FirstFirst ... 27333435363738394041 ... LastLast
    Spectacular Member markhyperion's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Ichijinijisanji View Post
    i cringed at the "pool fantasy"
    messed up as hell
    I read it, and don't remember this scene. However, that said, while they do push this storyline, I see it more as a scared young girl questioning what she wants.

Besides, this is clearly not cannon. They make sure to state "sole authorship" as far as I can see.

That said I am all gor Sue exploring relationships beyond Reed. I just think Namor is uninteresting. Has been for years. He doesn't have the fan base Marvel thinks he does. I habe many friends who love comics and I'm on many forums. Other than this one, no one says "we need more Namor".

So doing this again is just...bleh.

I would much rather see Doom's Sue from SW return or a reveal that it is 616 Sue. Much.more intersting dynamic.

Quote Originally Posted by butterflykyss View Post
    Sue appears in the marvel zombies comic and plays a big role. definitely a great read.
    I read it. It was interesting. I only wonder how Sue got infected, it just kind of happened.

Quote Originally Posted by markhyperion View Post
    I read it, and don't remember this scene. However, that said, while they do push this storyline, I see it more as a scared young girl questioning what she wants.

Besides, this is clearly not cannon. They make sure to state "sole authorship" as far as I can see.

That said I am all gor Sue exploring relationships beyond Reed. I just think Namor is uninteresting. Has been for years. He doesn't have the fan base Marvel thinks he does. I habe many friends who love comics and I'm on many forums. Other than this one, no one says "we need more Namor".

So doing this again is just...bleh.

I would much rather see Doom's Sue from SW return or a reveal that it is 616 Sue. Much.more intersting dynamic.
    616 Sue would never be with Doom. Out of all the Fantastic Four, she hates him the most and it makes no sense for the character at all.
    Be sure to check out the Invisible Woman appreciation thread!

Sue Storm has always been interesting to me and I feel she is the strongest member of the FF. It is great to see a strong independent woman reflected positively. I like her being married to Reed it is good to see a strong marriage in comics. Unless that has changed in the new issues. I am only on issue 51 of the first volume.

And a quick question. Does anyone know how long the Invisble Woman series is going to last? I just picked up the first four issues. Also at what point in history does it take place?
    This Post Contains No Artificial Intelligence. It Contains No Human Intelligence Either.

Quote Originally Posted by tbaron View Post
    Sue Storm has always been interesting to me and I feel she is the strongest member of the FF. It is great to see a strong independent woman reflected positively. I like her being married to Reed it is good to see a strong marriage in comics. Unless that has changed in the new issues. I am only on issue 51 of the first volume.

And a quick question. Does anyone know how long the Invisble Woman series is going to last? I just picked up the first four issues. Also at what point in history does it take place?
    She's still happily married to Reed.

Her series ends with this month's issue. It's a 5-issue mini and it takes place in the present.

Quote Originally Posted by Crimz View Post

Her series ends with this month's issue. It's a 5-issue mini and it takes place in the present.
    I hope she gets another one, this one has been quite enjoying. Seeing Sue step outside her normal status has been a good read.

And let's stop shipping Sue around. Her and Reed are together and happy so let's keep it that way.

Just read the first issue. At the start of the first issue Nick Fury was the normal Nick Fury. While later it was the Ultimate Nick Fury. Why is that?
    This Post Contains No Artificial Intelligence. It Contains No Human Intelligence Either.

Because the scene with old Fury was a flashback. In the present, he's gone (he became the Unseen as penance for killing Uatu the Watcher in Original Sin) and his son (not Ultimate, but both are based on Samuel L Jackson) is now doing his old job.

Though with flashbacks to eight years ago.
    Last edited by Digifiend; 11-02-2019 at 03:13 PM.
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    Because the scene with old Fury was a flashback. In the present, he's gone (he became the Unseen as penance for killing Uatu the Watcher in Original Sin) and his son (not Ultimate, but both are based on Samuel L Jackson) is now doing his old job.
    Though with flashbacks to eight years ago.
    Thanks for the information. I didnt know he had a son. With the exception of a few books I am still reading 60s-80s Marvel.

I wonder, if Sue were a mutant would she be Omega level?

Quote Originally Posted by Marvell2100 View Post
    I hope she gets another one, this one has been quite enjoying. Seeing Sue step outside her normal status has been a good read.

And let's stop shipping Sue around. Her and Reed are together and happy so let's keep it that way.
    Me too. I hope this won't be her last.

And I completely agree with the shipping thing. I'm tired of it.

Everything Fades Away... butterflykyss's Avatar

I read it. It was interesting. I only wonder how Sue got infected, it just kind of happened.

616 Sue would never be with Doom. Out of all the Fantastic Four, she hates him the most and it makes no sense for the character at all.
    yea I was confused by it too. though she was blookdy and scratched up prior to turning. maybe she was scratched unknowingly or maybe it is also airborne? I hope the heroes win but all the heavy hitters have been turned so it doesnt look good for the inhabitants of that earth.
    ALL HAIL THE HADARI YAO, THE OMEGA'S OMEGA, BEYOND OMEGA, THE VOICE OF SOL!!!! NOW AGAIN THE ONE TRUE AND ONLY GODDESS OF THE X-MEN AS CLAREMONT INTENDED!!!!!

Astonishing Member

I agree entirely, it does nothing but damage the character

With her powerset, yes and we've already seen her do some impressive things.

With the current definition, I doubt it, 'cause Hickman made it so Omega level is someone with "an undefinable upper limit", basically they're so powerful they can't be surpassed at that power.

On the other hand, Storm became an Omega level mutant, and she wasn't that before, so either Storm's getting even stronger, or the amount of power she has of weather control can't be surpassed.

I honestly don't see it, but who knows, she's a power house lol.

Quote Originally Posted by Lukmendes View Post
    With the current definition, I doubt it, 'cause Hickman made it so Omega level is someone with "an undefinable upper limit", basically they're so powerful they can't be surpassed at that power.

On the other hand, Storm became an Omega level mutant, and she wasn't that before, so either Storm's getting even stronger, or the amount of power she has of weather control can't be surpassed.

I honestly don't see it, but who knows, she's a power house lol.
    Her force-fields are powerful and I say a case could be made for those. But I'm thinking more in terms of her power over invisibility.
    It hasn't gotten much focus compared to her other power in recent years, but the times it does it's been very impressive:

There was the story in Waids run that Galactus would seek her out specifically her because of her power to see and reveal invisible things. It's pretty big for a cosmic being to seek you out specifically.

Her recent increase in control to the point where she can change the colors of things. Which sounds small, but the potential for other applications coming from that can't be ignored. She can even absorb and trap light in field, which is an impressive feat when you think about it and goes beyond the normal scope of invisibility.

That's not to mention the growth in how much she can turn invisible/visible. In Kirby's run she was able to turn a cliff invisible, Byrne's it grew that she could cover all of Manhattan island, and it grew even more in Millar's run where she was able to turn something the size of the Moon invisible.

If any power of Sue's qualifies as having an "undefinable limit", it's her power over invisibility. It just continues to grow in both power and precision.
    Last edited by Crimz; 11-03-2019 at 12:12 PM.