Quote Originally Posted by Jackraow21 View Post
So no stories that put minorities or women into terrible positions of pain, humiliation, indignity or servitude... that’s a bit limiting in terms of story potential, no? I say that as a huge Wolverine fan. Take away those things and you’d pretty much take away all the things that make him popular. Namely his overcoming those situations. I get where you’re coming from, but you might want to think through how you’d be limiting the character arcs of these characters and actually holding them back in the doing of it. Assuming you were to institute some editorial mandate prohibiting the putting of minorities and women through the proverbial ringer in terms of origin stories and/or situations.
I think that's untrue. Wolverine is white canadian so he can do that story but women and minorities have been oppressed for so long even in modern shows they are secondary that i feel there are so many stories out there with them untold holding positions of power we can take a break from women on there knees groveling and black people being oppressed. I usually am so over those stories anyway, they are not that interesting. I would rather see a strong man have to out maneuver a strong female any day than the tropes of weak women or enslaved minorities. I think that is why to this day War of the Roses is one of my fave movies.