Page 8 of 18 FirstFirst ... 456789101112 ... LastLast
    Astonishing Member

I wonder if maybe Jubilee left some kind of instructions regarding what to do with Shogo. A will or something. I mean, she's more known for adapting in the moment than planning ahead, but she's probably a lot better at it than she used to be.

Of course, I'm not sure any authority existing currently in the X-Books would respect such a document.

BANNED

I don't get what there's to like about Shogo at all, let's just collectively forget about him

I can't say I'm a huge fan, myself, but I'd hate for something bad to happen to the little guy.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by comeatmebro View Post
    I don't get what there's to like about Shogo at all, let's just collectively forget about him
    One of Jubilee's primary themes is one of the search for a sense of family after the loss of the one you had. Even when Jubilee joined Generation X it was prompted by the fact that her surrogate family (the X-Men) was going through some tough times and she couldn't do anything to help, so she decided to train and level up. Jubilee adopting Shogo signifies that she's grown and changed to the point where she could provide the sense of family to someone. By adopting Shogo, she's paying forward what the X-Men did for her.

There are a few ways to do it, but not all of them would work so well:
    1) She could take a more prominent role in the family she already had, the X-Men. However, she's not particularly popular and it's not likely to happen. Or at least it'll happen with one writer and then be swept away by another who doesn't like or understand the character.
    2) She could form her own team to serve as her new surrogate family. But that approach proves tough because most new teams don't have a lot of staying power. I mean, remember what happened the last time Jubilee led a team (New Warriors Vol. 3).
    3) She can do something like adopting Shogo. This works because it's largely self-contained. Shogo comes and goes with her (for the most part). So, this sign of her growth and development doesn't rely on other more active characters or her presence as a team leader somewhere. He's a baby. He's there to be her baby. He doesn't need to be developed as a character (other than in future stories) or acknowledged in every story. Just trust that she has sitters on call when it's needed.

It's not about Shogo as it is about what Shogo does for her. It expresses her growth in a way that's thematically significant.

Quote Originally Posted by AdamFTF View Post
    I wonder if maybe Jubilee left some kind of instructions regarding what to do with Shogo. A will or something. I mean, she's more known for adapting in the moment than planning ahead, but she's probably a lot better at it than she used to be.

Of course, I'm not sure any authority existing currently in the X-Books would respect such a document.
    I’d be genuinely shocked if she didn’t have some sort of will or instructions regarding what was to be done with Shogo in the event of her death*, what with her being an X-man and all.

And since it’s been established that she is his legal adoptive parent, why would the authorities not respect her instructions?

*Or, what with her being an X-man, should I say “for the duration of her death”?
    Quote Originally Posted by Fokken View Post
    Yer bonkers and you need a sandwich.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Dementia5 View Post
    I’d be genuinely shocked if she didn’t have some sort of will or instructions regarding what was to be done with Shogo in the event of her death*, what with her being an X-man and all.

And since it’s been established that she is his legal adoptive parent, why would the authorities not respect her instructions?

*Or, what with her being an X-man, should I say “for the duration of her death”?
    Because events in Uncanny suggest that humans in government are bending over backward to be unfair to mutants.

Quote Originally Posted by AdamFTF View Post
    Because events in Uncanny suggest that humans in government are bending over backward to be unfair to mutants.
    Ah, ok. I see your point, but it wouldn't likely take the form of something aimed specifically at Jubilee and Shogo - they're small cogs in a huge machine. It would more likely take the form of something like a new law rendering all legal guardianships of mutants over non-mutants null and void (which is frighteningly possible in the current climate of the books).

Quote Originally Posted by comeatmebro View Post
    Jajaja I agree with this

Quote Originally Posted by Dementia5 View Post
    Ah, ok. I see your point, but it wouldn't likely take the form of something aimed specifically at Jubilee and Shogo - they're small cogs in a huge machine. It would more likely take the form of something like a new law rendering all legal guardianships of mutants over non-mutants null and void (which is frighteningly possible in the current climate of the books).
    In fact, they could do this and even make it that the government has the power to take away the children of mutants... or even put that mutants parents are a danger for their own children!!! After all, it was legal to take away the baby of black women to sell them as slaves before and looking all the hate mutants get they could do this too and even use the children in experiments... in fact, I'm more surprised this hasn't happened yet!!!

And I wonder, if a law that indicates mutants parents are a danger to their children and authorities can take away those children is made, how will the Avengers react? Because honestly, the Avengers are a little passive when we speak about mutants rights and all the killing they suffer from normal humans!!!

It would potentially trigger Civil War III. Some of the Avengers have super-powered kids. They'd be on the mutants' side. But others wouldn't be.
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    It would potentially trigger Civil War III. Some of the Avengers have super-powered kids. They'd be on the mutants' side. But others wouldn't be.
    I dont think there is enough there to trigger a CW III over this issue. I guess unless its a really forced which wouldnt be too far off from a hero vs hero war

Quote Originally Posted by Havok83 View Post
    I dont think there is enough there to trigger a CW III over this issue. I guess unless its a really forced which wouldnt be too far off from a hero vs hero war
    Overly forced hero vs hero wars are Marvel’s specialty.

Chamber has handed Shogo over to Callisto.
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

LOL That'll go over well.

Hold your machete tight! Personamanx's Avatar

She'll challenge him to a knife fight for the leadership of the Morlocks.
    Continuity, even in a "shared" comics universe is often insignificant if not largely detrimental to the quality of a comic.

Immortal X-Men - Once & Future- X-Cellent - X-Men: Red

Nobody cares about what you don't like, they barely care about what you do like.