Page 41 of 65 FirstFirst ... 3137383940414243444551 ... LastLast
    BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Samson3191 View Post
    I’m really enjoying this book each month. Love Coates’ handling of Steve’s voice and internal dialogue, especially. It’s been a highlight for me since the book started. REALLY loved Steve’s monologue and whooping on the watchdogs.

We’re approaching a point now where there’s a lot of characters in play and a lot going on. Can’t wait to see where we’re headed, although I really hope we get Steve back in costume soon.
    Same. I'm enjoying the book and this particular storyline but I don't want it to be dragged out. I'd like to have Steve rocking the classic Cap look again sooner rather than later.

New issue was good (although the art was a letdown - wonder where Kubert went to?) but I'm just hoping a wrap up to this arc will bring a swift end to Steve being on the run.

Quote Originally Posted by Desmark View Post
    Ugh! The art is terrible. The plot is moving glacially. One wonders if the Selene narrative has been postponed in light of the happenings in X books.
    That's one of Coates biggest problems. I like the story and he does a good Steve but this is taking far longer than it needs to.

And yeah, we need Kubert back on art.

i knew that earlier picture was Hesperus Chadwick. and the photo of Cheer was in this issue. haven't seen them since Thunderbolts first run.

Pizza night (from Punisher Kill Krew)

Steve and T'Challa from Avengers #24

I posted this page on Twitter as well, and artist Luciano Vecchio responded that it was his favorite page from the issue.

Quote Originally Posted by capandkirby View Post

I posted this page on Twitter as well, and artist Luciano Vecchio responded that it was his favorite page from the issue.
    Real nice!!

Sometimes Aaron can be too goofy, but this does put a smile on my face, not gonna lie .

Formerly Assassin Spider Huntsman Spider's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    Sometimes Aaron can be too goofy, but this does put a smile on my face, not gonna lie .
    Definitely. Good article as well, capandkirby.
    The spider is always on the hunt.

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    Aarons always has a means of busting out a power upgrade out of thin air anytime its needed. In some ways it's a bit lazy ... But yeah, it can be fun too.

Well, it's teamwork. T'Challa and Jennifer are lending Steve and Thor their powers.
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

BANNED

I like this.

Astonishing Member Electricmastro's Avatar

Alex Schomburg's 1979 recreation of his cover art originally made for All-Select Comics #2 (Winter, 1943).

Quote Originally Posted by Electricmastro View Post
    Alex Schomburg's 1979 recreation of his cover art originally made for All-Select Comics #2 (Winter, 1943).

Classic Invaders .

This starts to sound like Civil War when Cap was on the run and he had his Secret Avengers, but after how Steve Rogers commanded the whole Galaxy in Hickman’s Infinity crossover, this little campaign seems like shelling peas, to someone like Steve. Mind you, this is after Steve was killed in Secret Wars #1, and sent into the Cosmic Cube in Standoff, so Steve finding himself back on his own two feet has been a long time coming - as far back as Dimension Z and The Nail.

Coates continues to discuss the American concept and Steve Rogers’ morality in particular, by having Steve engage Bullies in the Watchdogs, AIM, and the Power Elite. Coates choice of using the all female Daughters of Liberty to partner Rogers in this campaign may be poignant in Steve’s vulnerable position of being on the run from authority as an escaped prisoner? It certainly is underlined strongly in this issue #14, that women take a prominent role in the fight for freedom. I noticed the absence of the Invisible Woman in this engagement, and wonder if she was there, but Invisible, and jumped through the portal into Mandripoor?