Page 186 of 216 FirstFirst ... 86136176182183184185186187188189190196 ... LastLast
Results 2,776 to 2,790 of 3234
    Saoirse Ronan The Accuser CaptainMar-Vell92 of the Kree's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Wall-Crawler View Post
    According to BleedingCool, the entire issue is practically a prolonged fight between Thor and Carol, and that there's a definitive winner by the end of the issue, and we know who it's going to be.

Poor Thor can't get a freaking break, I'd rather have him dead than suffering this constant humilliation.
    I'm really starting to dislike Carol Danvers. And i'm weary of modern Marvel authors not taking Thor seriously. The Worf Effect becomes annoying after a while, especially if the worfed character has been humiliated for a long time.

#RememberThor #NotMyThor

Also she never defeated Thanos.

#RememberJimStarlin #NotmyThanos
    Last edited by CaptainMar-Vell92 of the Kree; 11-05-2019 at 02:25 AM.
    I think an easy way to look at Thanos stories is that anything written by Jim Starlin, Ron Marz and Keith Giffen is the real Thanos while anything written by other authors should be dismissed as a Thanosi clone.

Quote Originally Posted by Username taken View Post
    It seems Thor will fight Captain Marvel in her title very soon.

I guess Thor will get his ass kicked there too. I’m being pre-emptively depressed.
    That outcome should have never been in doubt. You think they would actually show Thor kicking Carol's ass?

Not hardly. It's a shame and a sham how downgraded he's been.

Thor with the current Avengers just feels like he's been jobbing left and right.

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    Thor with the current Avengers just feels like he's been jobbing left and right.
    I think Marvel hates Thor but they can't put him in Comic Book Limbo like Quasar because he's a Lee/Kirby creation
    I think an easy way to look at Thanos stories is that anything written by Jim Starlin, Ron Marz and Keith Giffen is the real Thanos while anything written by other authors should be dismissed as a Thanosi clone.

see beauty in all things. charliehustle415's Avatar

Nice to see Aaron's Thor run is considered one of the best of the decade.

https://www.polygon.com/comics/2019/...f-decade-2010s

Quote Originally Posted by charliehustle415 View Post
    Nice to see Aaron's Thor run is considered one of the best of the decade.

https://www.polygon.com/comics/2019/...f-decade-2010s
    Because most of Marvel NOW output was mediocre at best and Bendis GOTG level at worst.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by CaptainMar-Vell92 of the Kree View Post
    Because most of Marvel NOW output was mediocre at best and Bendis GOTG level at worst.
    I think the period had some good stuff, but by and large I think the stories were mediocre, the continual relaunched and restarts suggest as much.

I'm really starting to dislike Carol Danvers. And i'm weary of modern Marvel authors not taking Thor seriously. The Worf Effect becomes annoying after a while, especially if the worfed character has been humiliated for a long time.

#RememberThor #NotMyThor

Also she never defeated Thanos.

#RememberJimStarlin #NotmyThanos
    The Worf Effect?

Quote Originally Posted by Doombot View Post
    The Worf Effect?
    Fans of Star Trek: The Next Generation coined the term Worfed I believe.

Whenever a new bad guy/race is introduced, the writers usually let them beat the crap out of the Klingon Worf(the baddest guy on the enterprise) to prove how bad ass they are.

So Worf is the jobber for the Star Trek enterprise.

BANNED

I think Marvel hates Thor but they can't put him in Comic Book Limbo like Quasar because he's a Lee/Kirby creation
    Nah come on, that's too much, prior to 2015 Thor was having a great time, and prior to 2004 as well, not to mention one of the most critically acclaimed runs in the industry by Walter Simonson. Plus, Thor and his world have been the focal point for 3 line-wide events in this decade alone (Siege, Fear Itself, War of the Realms), no other character has had that priviliege.

The problem right now is that they don't seem to know what to do with the character or which direction to take him, but Cates clearly has a plan, and we know what happens when a writer with a solid plan and understanding of the character comes along (JMS).
    Last edited by Wall-Crawler; 11-05-2019 at 05:01 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Doombot View Post
    The Worf Effect?
    TvTropes. Look it up. :P

''Woah this guy must be dangerous, he's beating up Thor.''
    Last edited by CaptainMar-Vell92 of the Kree; 11-05-2019 at 07:53 PM.

TvTropes. Look it up. :P

''Woah this guy must be dangerous, he's beating up Thor.''
    Ah yeah. I know the concept, just never heard the Worf version.

Quote Originally Posted by Wall-Crawler View Post
    Nah come on, that's too much, prior to 2015 Thor was having a great time, and prior to 2004 as well, not to mention one of the most critically acclaimed runs in the industry by Walter Simonson. Plus, Thor and his world have been the focal point for 3 line-wide events in this decade alone (Siege, Fear Itself, War of the Realms), no other character has had that priviliege.

The problem right now is that they don't seem to know what to do with the character or which direction to take him, but Cates clearly has a plan, and we know what happens when a writer with a solid plan and understanding of the character comes along (JMS).
    I think Aaron should stick with street level thriller characters with a potty mouth like Wolverine and Punisher. Thanos Rising was the proof that cosmic/mythological superhumans aren't his cup of coffee.

Extraordinary Member

I remember when Thor was often the last Avenger standing during their most epic battles.

I think that preview of Cates' run where Thor seemingly one-shots this big monster the rest of The Avengers are fighting will mark a shift in some regards.

I also assume it will involve him leaving the team shortly after.