Page 215 of 216 FirstFirst ... 115165205211212213214215216 LastLast
Results 3,211 to 3,225 of 3234
    BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Cronus View Post
    The writers do get vindictive. They cannot stand fan criticism. I have no doubt Aaron took opportunities to crap on Thor whenever he could. And I have seen a few writers over the years get absolutely nasty with fans on sites like this one. Amazing that such a fun medium can be predominated by such a bunch sensitive whiners.
    Oh, the irony!!! 😅

Saoirse Ronan The Accuser CaptainMar-Vell92 of the Kree's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Prof. Warren View Post
    Oh, the irony!!! ��
    Seeing your favorite hero being turned into a weak goofball meathead with alcohol issues and the writer trolling the fans are good reasons for whining.
    I think an easy way to look at Thanos stories is that anything written by Jim Starlin, Ron Marz and Keith Giffen is the real Thanos while anything written by other authors should be dismissed as a Thanosi clone.

Amazing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Prof. Warren View Post
    Oh, the irony!!! ��
    There is nothing wrong in criticising an author's work, y'know...

Amazing Member

Quote Originally Posted by CaptainMar-Vell92 of the Kree View Post
    For Odin's sake people, just turn Galactus into the Lifebringer and put him on hiatus. The more Galactus Is used as a throwaway antagonist the more the character gets hurt, even without considering he's not really a bad guy.

And stop shoving CGR down our throats Cates.
    Yeah, that kinda worries me. Cates's writing has no middle ground -- either the characters are written very well and crazy powerful or they outright suck on both fronts. Galactus is part of the latter category.

Astonishing Member Ken Ashcroft's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Cronus View Post
    The writers do get vindictive. They cannot stand fan criticism. I have no doubt Aaron took opportunities to crap on Thor whenever he could. And I have seen a few writers over the years get absolutely nasty with fans on sites like this one. Amazing that such a fun medium can be predominated by such a bunch sensitive whiners.
    As a Thor fan I first became aware of things like that happening around the time of the JLA/Avengers crossover more than 15 years ago.

Quote Originally Posted by Ken Ashcroft View Post
    As a Thor fan I first became aware of things like that happening around the time of the JLA/Avengers crossover more than 15 years ago.
    Kurt Busiek Is miles better than Aaron though
    I think an easy way to look at Thanos stories is that anything written by Jim Starlin, Ron Marz and Keith Giffen is the real Thanos while anything written by other authors should be dismissed as a Thanosi clone.

Astonishing Member Ken Ashcroft's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by CaptainMar-Vell92 of the Kree View Post
    Kurt Busiek Is miles better than Aaron though
    Well, I guess both have their fans.

So are Thor and She-Hulk going to end their relationship soon or is Aaron just going to keep that going as long as he has Thor in his Avengers book (which hopefully won't be for too long)?

He wrote some of the best comics ever and you can tell he loves superheroes and continuity.

BANNED

this guy wrote astro city man

Quote Originally Posted by Ichijinijisanji View Post
    this guy wrote astro city man
    And one of the best Avengers runs. And Marvels.

*raises hand* Kurt Busiek fan.

anyone reading/watching Fairy Tail???

there is that one cool guy Laxus Dreyar who is a Lightning Dragon Slayer where he uses lightning to empower his punches, lightning aura, turning into lightning etc.

I would really like to see Thor fight like that rather then using his hammer all the time, especially now since he is apparently incompetent otherwise

Quote Originally Posted by GodThor View Post
    anyone reading/watching Fairy Tail???

there is that one cool guy Laxus Dreyar who is a Lightning Dragon Slayer where he uses lightning to empower his punches, lightning aura, turning into lightning etc.

I would really like to see Thor fight like that rather then using his hammer all the time, especially now since he is apparently incompetent otherwise
    I would like to see Thor use the God Blast or Anti-Force more often Kamehameha style.

It was actually that story arc that was a turning point for the worse for Thor.
    "Sir, does this mean that Ann Margret's not coming?"
    ----------------------
    "One of the maddening but beautiful things about comics is that you have to give characters a sense of change without changing them so much that they violate the essence of who they are." ~ Ann Nocenti, Chris Claremont's X-Men.