Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

One thing I'd ask is that is this list only about X-Men who've led the X-Men, or X-Men who've served as leaders in this capacity and elsewhere? Because then the list grows substantially, like Cannonball leading X-Force and Sunspot leading the Avengers, AIM, MLF, etc.

Quote Originally Posted by BatKeaton View Post
    Is the "First Class" movie the only istance in any media ever where Xavier is an X-Man?

I've always considered Xavier as being the "headmaster", mentor and founder of the X-Men, not an X-Man himself.
    It's not the only media, but yeah, Xavier tends to be more headmaster than field agent. When he does take the field though in the comics, he generally tends to be a massive dick with his powers. Especially if he gets the power to walk (which is usually why then he'd be on the field).

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by jubilees_bf View Post
    Jubilee led a few missions of the original Gen X team as the temporary field leader, and as mentioned before has led New Warriors and the most recent Generation X. Also, she was field leader of one of the missions during the All-Female X-Men team, where she took the younger mutants on a mission against sentinels.
    GenX was interesting because Sean & Emma were usually there, so the kids didn't have like a de facto leader. Paige thought she'd be and prepared a lot, but then Monet knew everything,..Jubilee had the most "Xmen" experience and Synch seemed like a good fit, but mostly they worked together...which was nice. No one was sitting around waiting for someone else to tell them what to do..(which honestly really only serves to tell the readers what's going on).

Remind me, wasn’t Surge the leader of the New X-Men after Decimation? Also Hope was the leader of the Lights.

Incredible Member

i have 2 for you: Iceman was the leader of the Joe Casey X-Men era, complete with "cool" sunglasses and a Stacy-X to boot! A bad moment to remember.
    Caucasian Psylocke has been leader of the X-Men team just before the siege perilous.

Beast led X-Men Blue for a while after the Wedding of Scott and Jean. Archangel lead the Uncanny team during the early 2000's, but more of a co-lead with Nightcrawler.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Cyke View Post

It's not the only media, but yeah, Xavier tends to be more headmaster than field agent. When he does take the field though in the comics, he generally tends to be a massive dick with his powers. Especially if he gets the power to walk (which is usually why then he'd be on the field).
    LOL I guess he became an X-Man only in very few occasions... nobody ever counted them all?

Quote Originally Posted by BatKeaton View Post
    LOL I guess he became an X-Man only in very few occasions... nobody ever counted them all?
    Here's a few off the top of my head, though I'm sure there are more.

- When his original body was destroyed by the Brood and his soul was implanted into a clone body with normal legs. After being a field agent for a time, he decided to lead the New Mutants
    - the original Secret Wars. He was more bullish towards his X-Men and closer to Magneto in attitude towards the non-mutant heroes
    - Fatal Attractions. He uses an exoskeleton to walk and join an assault team, but then he violently mindwipes Magneto (and opens the door to creating Onslaught)
    - the Grant Morrison run, where the ability to walk makes him more embolded and arrogant because he could be out there on the field more, but Magneto/Xorn/Xorneto plays his ego like a fiddle
    - after House of M, and up until his death in AvX
    - whatever shenanigans are happening with his pseudo-resurrection

Quote Originally Posted by Zero Hunter View Post
    Cannonball was the leader of the original X-Force after Cable left and was co leader of the New Mutants with Moonstar. Sam was set up to be one of the big leaders of mutants until they "graduated" him to the X-Men proper and suddenly he was the dumb rookie again even though he had more experience than half the team at the time.
    Poor Sam got the short end of the stick. I hope he warned Berto about that.
    I was disappointed when Mike Carrey let Rogue lead an X-Men team instead of him.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Kurolegacy View Post
    Remind me, wasn’t Surge the leader of the New X-Men after Decimation? Also Hope was the leader of the Lights.
    Please Surge is barely even a comic book character, she's hardly even a concept on a few pieces of paper

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Cyke View Post
    One thing I'd ask is that is this list only about X-Men who've led the X-Men, or X-Men who've served as leaders in this capacity and elsewhere? Because then the list grows substantially, like Cannonball leading X-Force and Sunspot leading the Avengers, AIM, MLF, etc.

Let's limit to X-Men who have led teams directly affiliated with Universe 616 Xavier/Jean Grey school and Utopia so it would exclude the Avengers Unity Squad or eXiles.

Shouldn't the list look like

Headmaster or Overall Leader

Xavier
    Cyclops
    Storm
    Magneto
    Wolverine
    Kitty Pryde
    Jean Grey(current)

Field Leader of a X-men team or Affiliate

Rogue
    Nightcrawler
    Emma
    Havok
    Psylocke
    Cable
    more...

Only a slight more than handful of X-men have had complete control of the X-men, while they have been many to lead a team in the field.

Quote Originally Posted by Killerbee911 View Post

Xavier
    Cyclops
    Storm
    Magneto
    Wolverine
    Kitty Pryde
    Jean Grey(current)

Rogue
    Nightcrawler
    Emma
    Havok
    Psylocke
    Cable
    more...

Only a slight more than handful of X-men have had complete control of the X-men, while they have been many to lead a team in the field.
    Don`t think that we can count Jean Grey as overall leader now.

Quote Originally Posted by hokus83 View Post
    Please Surge is barely even a comic book character, she's hardly even a concept on a few pieces of paper
    Genuinely confused by this. Are you saying that she’s barely appeared in the comics (which is objectively wrong), or that you just don’t like the character (which is both subjective and completely immaterial to the OP’s question)?
    Quote Originally Posted by Fokken View Post
    Yer bonkers and you need a sandwich.

Quote Originally Posted by Killerbee911 View Post

Xavier
    Cyclops
    Storm
    Magneto
    Wolverine
    Kitty Pryde
    Jean Grey(current)

Rogue
    Nightcrawler
    Emma
    Havok
    Psylocke
    Cable
    more...

Emma was more headmaster and Cyclops was the field leader

BANNED

Best leaders of the last 8 years

Magneto
    Rogue
    Polaris
    Psylocke
    Storm