Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast
    Extraordinary Member Zero Hunter's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by yogaflame View Post
    I can't find the data from their 1994 debut, but in 1995, AOA's Generation Next was consistently in the top 10 best selling comics its whole 4 issue run, and post AOA Gen X #5 is still in the top 10 at #7, above Cable, X-Force, Excalibur, and X-Factor(not to mention Amazing Spider-Man, Superman, Batman, and Wonder Woman). Even by 2000's issue #61, it's still in the top 20 clearing 50k copies(more than Batman). Suffice to say, the original Generation X was a healthy seller.
    Gen X was still doing really well until it got sucked into the craphole of "Counter X" takeover which not only killed Gen X it also killed X-Man and X-Force.

Mighty Member

Yep, I want Synch back.. I feel like Gen X members should be pushed in the next 10 years. So many good characters. Only one real dude Cough Gaia Cough. From M to Jubilee to Husk to Chamber to Synch, even skin who I loathe can have a place in the xmen and broader movie verse. Sean and Emma along with these young adults forging a new path would be very interesting.

BANNED

the new Generation X was boring and had the worst characters, lethargic writing and art
    the original series was superior in every single way and I miss it so much

Generation X v1 005-017 Jubilee and Synch .jpg

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by 9th. View Post
    Underrated book imo, made me care about Eyeboy
    Highly underrated. It even started hinting at Jubilation and Starsmore as a couple, which one would think Original Generation X lovers would open up for. Also Benji and Nathaniel were great and that's not even my demographic.

Quote Originally Posted by Zero Hunter View Post
    Gen X was still doing really well until it got sucked into the craphole of "Counter X" takeover which not only killed Gen X it also killed X-Man and X-Force.
    And really that was just Quesada clearing house. He thought there were too many X-books.
    Let the flames destroy all but that which is pure and true!

BANNED

no, thats a bad ship that they will not be down for

None of the books that became Counter X books were selling all that great (for X-books) and that's why Marvel let Warren Ellis write/curate them. They had nothing to lose.
    Please Remain Calm

Quote Originally Posted by comeatmebro View Post
    no, thats a bad ship that they will not be down for
    Are you referring to Jonolee? Because I’m totally down for that.
    Quote Originally Posted by Fokken View Post
    Yer bonkers and you need a sandwich.

Quote Originally Posted by Master of Sound View Post
    I don't think there are enough Generation X fans left who will get a revamp series.
    Did all Gen-X fans get murdered or something?

I think a Gen-X book would do good enough I think between M, Jubilee and Blink they could pull in regular audience of people who are outside the realm of Gen-X fans. Even if they don't do a ongoing can we have series of mini series with Gen-X.

Astonishing Member Dante Milton's Avatar

The recent series (which was great) was led by Jubilee, had regular appearances from Chamber and M (it's not Strain's fault that the character was saddled with Emplate bonding, that's on Bunn, and she handled it very well) and Husk showed up near the end. The use of the old cast didn't help sales at all, so I doubt a new series focusing exclusively on them would sell much better, unfortunately. I don't really need a new Gen-X series, I would just like those characters to be used somewhere. Oh, and yes, it would be great if Synch and Skin could come back.

BANNED

It's too late..Monet is an X man..shes been involved in too many big things, been apart of many crucial decisions...she cant go backwards now.

But if Synch was resurrected? Sure..bring the title back with him and Chamber..

BANNED

Strain's book sucked, I'd rather read Hama writing them forever than anything more of hers

Quote Originally Posted by MichelleDiMera View Post
    It's too late..Monet is an X man..shes been involved in too many big things, been apart of many crucial decisions...she cant go backwards now.

But if Synch was resurrected? Sure..bring the title back with him and Chamber..
    There have been bigger X-man than Monet that have gone back like Magik and Cannonball. I dont view her as being exempt from that

Quote Originally Posted by Havok83 View Post
    There have been bigger X-man than Monet that have gone back like Magik and Cannonball. I dont view her as being exempt from that
    That's the problem with student books. Characters shouldn't be going back, but creators also want to get specific bands back together exactly as they were, even if it's for no other reason than they used to be a band. The new Gen X actually had the ideal compromise, as it revived the premise, and the premise should logically use a new cast, but hit a lot of the major beats of the old cast by bringing them back in prominent roles.
    I don't blind date I make the direct market vibrate

Quote Originally Posted by Snoop Dogg View Post
    That's the problem with student books. Characters shouldn't be going back, but creators also want to get specific bands back together exactly as they were, even if it's for no other reason than they used to be a band. The new Gen X actually had the ideal compromise, as it revived the premise, and the premise should logically use a new cast, but hit a lot of the major beats of the old cast by bringing them back in prominent roles.
    Man that book was underrated. I'm upset about that.