Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Avengers #15

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by JKtheMac View Post
    That’s pretty much the case with any Dracula story ever. It’s a given that he will return.
    Truth.

I'm also curious about the backgrounds of the other members of the council. I hope we get some depth there before the Avengers kill them off.

Quote Originally Posted by Tracks View Post
    Yea, they let writers do whatever they want with the vampires. Dracula has been killed in the last 4 or 5 stories he's been in and always comes back without explanation.
    Part of me hopes the Shadow Colonel is Janus (even though he seemed pretty nice last time we saw him), just so we can MAYBE get an explanaiton on why he's an adult vampire rather than a human baby.

It's sort of weird they introduced Janus in Curse of the Mutants, then didn't even really use him.

This arc is much better than the Final Host story and I like the art much better. Keep David Marquez on this book. McGuinness is a good artist but it just didn't click on Avengers for me.

Aaron is doing a good job of bringing in villain teams to face. Legion of Unliving should definitely return(Selene would have been a good addition) and I'm looking forward to the Squadron Supreme.

Between this and No Road Home, it's a good time for Avengers fans.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Marvell2100 View Post
    This arc is much better than the Final Host story and I like the art much better. Keep David Marquez on this book. McGuinness is a good artist but it just didn't click on Avengers for me.

Aaron is doing a good job of bringing in villain teams to face. Legion of Unliving should definitely return(Selene would have been a good addition) and I'm looking forward to the Squadron Supreme.

Yeah, loving this art direction

Ed's just wasn't working for me

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by XPac View Post
    Part of me hopes the Shadow Colonel is Janus (even though he seemed pretty nice last time we saw him), just so we can MAYBE get an explanaiton on why he's an adult vampire rather than a human baby.

It's sort of weird they introduced Janus in Curse of the Mutants, then didn't even really use him.
    I think they followed up on him a bit in gambit/storm's one-shot, but I don't remember what happened in that at all

Marquez is a huge step up from McGuinness. His art nis just so much better for an Avengers book and everything just looks great. I like his look on the characters especially Tchalla. His is probably the best looking version of him in awhile now

They gotta keep Marquez on art. He has made this book look amazing.

is Blade in this story still?

Quote Originally Posted by Hypestyle View Post
    Y'up, Blade is still in this story.

Quote Originally Posted by Hypestyle View Post
    Y'up, Blade is still in this story.
    He will also be a part of the team through War of The Realms.
    "We live in a world of cowards. We live in a world full of small minds who are afraid. We are ruled by those who refuse to risk anything of their own. Who guard their over bloated paucities of power with money. With false reasoning. With measured hesitance. With prideful, recalcitrant inaction. With hateful invective. With weapons. F@#K these selfish fools and their prevailing world order." Tony Stark

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by XPac View Post
    No evidence whatsoever to back it up, but one of my first guesses was Dracs daughter Lilith.

The armor is bulky to the point where it can disguise a female figure. She's a vamp that doesn't necessarily like other vamps, and is powerful enough to challenge Drac if need be.

Not sure what she's up to lately so I don't know if she fits though.
    I suppose Lilith makes sense cuz she really hated her father

I’m a little surprised that dracula is more connected to the marvel universe than originally thought; when did he meet iron man?
    Last edited by protege; 02-27-2019 at 09:18 PM.

I’m still wondering how close coulson was to the avengers in the comic; how shocked will they be when they find out he’s behind the squadron?

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by protege View Post
    I’m a little surprised that dracula is more connected to the marvel universe than originally thought; when did he meet iton msn?
    I don't recall any meeting TBH.

Dracula's most memorable appearances have been in Dr. Strange, Thor, and X-Men in the early 80's and in the 90's in Midnight Sons, and a one-shot in Fear Itself against a possessed Hulk.

Honestly this whole arc only works because Mjolnir isn't with Thor. Otherwise he could end this war REALLY quick.

Quote Originally Posted by protege View Post
    I’m a little surprised that dracula is more connected to the marvel universe than originally thought; when did he meet iton msn?
    He sort of fought Dracula as part of the Legion of Unliving in Avengers annual 16 ... not sure if that counts as the real Dracula though. That group had several people in it that didn't really die, like Bucky and Korvac, so maybe they were all fakes.