Page 106 of 573 FirstFirst ... 65696102103104105106107108109110116156206 ... LastLast
Results 1,576 to 1,590 of 8586

Quote Originally Posted by Blue Reloaded View Post
    Well, the Inhuman lore does present possibilities of "hidden tribes" not associated with Attilan. I believe Medusa put it as those who left long ago that didn't want anything to do with the Kree culture, but of course in the MCU the hidden tribes could just be those not loyal to the royal lineage.
    Yeah, INFINITY already mentioned that there were many tribes that went their own way and had nothing to do with Attilan.

Quote Originally Posted by Marvell2100 View Post
    Yeah, INFINITY already mentioned that there were many tribes that went their own way and had nothing to do with Attilan.
    Interestingly enough, Infinity also had a possible hidden tribe location in the same location as on AoS.

Spectacular Member

Quote Originally Posted by Kalen O. View Post
    Never mind. I still haven't found one of the interviews I was remembering, but I did find one, and another one I hadn't seen before that supports what I was remembering.

This article was from back in March and refers to an interview Feige did with Huffington Post just before it:

That's the interview I remembered where Feige specifically denied that the twins will be Inhumans.

Then there was this article which reported on the live interview Feige did with Empire Magazine:

Which supports what I remembered about him saying that the experiments Strucker was doing with Loki's staff in that tag scene were responsible for the twins' powers, but there's still another interview out there which linked the two more directly. I'll keep hunting for that one, these are just the top ones that came up when I did a quick google search.
    Thanks for digging. Those are pretty interesting. So either they're not Inhumans or he's being tricky (which guys like him make a point of doing all the time).

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by LightningBug View Post
    Thanks for digging. Those are pretty interesting. So either they're not Inhumans or he's being tricky (which guys like him make a point of doing all the time).
    Right, which he very well might be doing. However, I will point out, that in the cases where a director or producer has flat out lied about a plot point in their film, they rarely point to a specific something else and say 'that's what it really is instead'. Its usually more just a vague denial.

I really hope Mack isn't dead, but killing off Fitz's only friend would be a good way to force him to reconcile with Simmons from a storytelling perspective.
    Really great episode. Can't wait for next week!
    I'd really hate if Mack was dead. But I'd hate it even more if he died, so the Boring Duo could be back.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by mugiwara View Post
    I'd really hate if Mack was dead. But I'd hate it even more if he died, so the Boring Duo could be back.
    Actually, I thought they were vastly more interesting this week than they were all last season. So much room for denial and so many platforms for missing the obvious....

BANNED

The episode credits for next week's episode list Mack, so that means he's in it. He's probably just unconcious.

And yeah, it's pretty much a guarantee that Skye is Daisy Johnson, with the fact that the music box played 'Daisy'.

Astonishing Member AndrewCrossett's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by wyokid View Post
    @pattonoswalt

They cut one of my lines on tonight's @AgentsofSHIELD. After Ward asks, "How many of you are there?" Billy answers: "You'll see."
    Oh, man, they cut that line? Whyyyyyyy?

The Daisy Johnson/Mr Hyde thing just fits too well to be ignored,
    Or, it might fit too well to be true. I'm certain it was a deliberate choice to use that particular song so people would think Daisy Johnson... but it could be a misdirect. Good TV writers usually don't telegraph big reveals in a way that has every comics geek on the Internet going "Aha!" long before the actual reveal.

I'm roughly 100% sure we'll hear Skye's real name in next week's episode. I saw an interview with the showrunners where they said it would be "sooner than we think." Which would have to be next week, because the show is then off until March. (Or they could have been referring to the music box song as a soft reveal, perhaps.)

Quote Originally Posted by Marvell2100 View Post
    Excellent episode last night. I don't think we've seen the last of Mack and I'm sure someone already mentioned this, they are preparing to introduce Inhumans on the show. I think Mack could be one of them.
    Coulson obviously assumes he survived that 100-foot fall onto a hard stone floor, since he ordered the tunnel sealed. I'm inclined to agree with him. It remains to be seen whether the real Mack is still alive and retrievable inside there, though I suspect he will be. If he's dead, it will probably be a tool to push Fitz back closer to the edge or to force him and Simmons to get back together.

Spectacular Member

Quote Originally Posted by Kalen O. View Post
    Right, which he very well might be doing. However, I will point out, that in the cases where a director or producer has flat out lied about a plot point in their film, they rarely point to a specific something else and say 'that's what it really is instead'. Its usually more just a vague denial.
    I'm not at all satisfied that he pointed to a specific something else and said 'that's what it really is instead.' All he said was that the key to the origin was in that scene, which is pretty textbook vague. The article the quote came from inferred that he meant it was the staff, but who knows what else is in that credits scene if we went through it with a fine toothed comb.

Fantastic Member General Nerditry's Avatar

Great episode. This show is kicking ass this season.

I hope Mack isn't dead. I really like him. I think he is my favorite new character, and I like how he and Fitz are bonding. I also don't want Agents of SHIELD to be one of those shows where killing off characters is the source of the drama. I'd prefer to see drama with the characters. I also assume the thing between him and Bobbie was them formerly sleeping together or something, but it might be too obvious.

I wonder what Ward's game is. He does seem to be true to his loyalty to Skye, and I can't imagine the creators will actually kill off Mei's half of the team. Very interesting.

Feige explicitly said the twins aren't Inhumans, so I'm fairly confident they won't be. The signs and implications all seem to point to it somehow being technology-related. Honestly, I don't really care where their powers are from, but that's me.

I think Bobbi is some kind of a double-agent for Fury.
    I don't think her intentions are bad but I think she is more loyal to Fury than to Coulson.

Astonishing Member AndrewCrossett's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Captain M View Post
    I don't think her intentions are bad but I think she is more loyal to Fury than to Coulson.
    They already went down that road with May, last season.

BANNED

No one ever does in the superhero genre by falling out of sight.

The city screams advanced technology, from its design to its security system.

Skye's father as Mister Hyde seems unlikely. It doesn't even seem to me to be likely that he is her real father, given they seem to share no unusual genetic traits (hence his refusal to handle the obelisk). Skye as Daisy Johnson seems a slightly better bet, though Quakes powers make no sense for the character. Perhaps it doesn't matter since Skye won't get to keep any powers she might obtain anyway (it's not a show about superheroes). Perhaps Ultimate Daisy is a better fit?I don't know anything about that character.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Captain M View Post
    I think Fury's influence is pretty much done. He has no more stake in SHIELD

Astonishing Member PretenderNX01's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by AJBopp View Post
    I think Fury's influence is pretty much done. He has no more stake in SHIELD
    Still she did talk a lot about him. "Fury would..." "Fury wouldn't..." "Fury thinks..."
    Maybe it was just to name drop or maybe it was exposition to explain the plan to the audience and show how Coulson cares.