Quote Originally Posted by Monstrous Bird of Qin, Ou Ki View Post
Totoma stood up from his position, rising to his full height with surprising ease. Before, doing that would've hurt... a lot, but now he could do it easy as pie. Easy as... warm... delicious... comforting pie. Mmmm.

No, damn it, focus!

He stretched, then walked over to Karine, plopping down on the floor next to her. "Long enough. Was really uncomfortable to do at first, but it didn't take long for me to get the hang of it. It's pretty much a required thing to use the Boar Style effectively, which... probably explains why I could never get the hang of it before. I learned just by watching dad practice, but I completely neglected the conditioning. But I think now that I'm not, I'll become that much more effective!"

Reaching out, he snared a water bottle on the other side of the room with some ki threads and pulled it to him, downing the entire thing. It was great that water was basically all he needed right now... really helped extend their supplies. And on a journey this long, that was important. Plus, having his mom 'port in to resupply was really damn useful. "...so, nervous about meeting your dad again? It's been... crap, like ten years, I think? Long time..." He felt kinda guilty about that, since Aiden had left to go hunt down Jagam, only to get stuck on some Threshling planet. If he hadn't been such an.. an idiot, maybe that wouldn't have happened.

...ah well, no use regretting the past like that. Karine didn't blame him, and so he shouldn't blame himself either. Plus, hey, he got to go on an adventure into the (relative) unknown with his woman! That was pretty exciting... and possibly dangerous. According to, uh, Neva, there wasn't much of a Threshling presence on the planet they were headed to, but given how strong pureblooded Threshlings seemed to be, judging from her and Luop, it's possible they might end up facing some really strong guys!

Heh, he was actually kind of excited about that possibility.

"Wonder if we'll run into any trouble there..."
The young woman shook her head a bit. "It's possible, but I hope if we do its not their strongest stock or we would be in trouble. It was a confusing mess of the vision my father sent us, but from what I can see and tell, he is trapped. My guess is he used his shadow powers to remain hidden all this time and keep a low profile; we're rather stealthy naturally and it would be more so when there is a need to improvise and improve it. It wouldn't allow him to get much stronger since a fight or training would draw too much attention but perhaps they're using something else. As for meeting them again making me nervous?"

There was a lull at the last part of the sentence, but she did pick up. "Not as much. I am not quite the person I used to be back then, but then neither are you. I want to show them just how much I've grown just not as a warrior but as a person, too. The only thing we have to worry about is the 'guest' there we may encounter. I know the Sayain side for yo is excited about the fact but we can't afford not to be cautious."