Page 196 of 294 FirstFirst ... 96146186192193194195196197198199200206246 ... LastLast
Results 2,926 to 2,940 of 4408
    Lin Kuei Grandmaster Sub-Zero MKA's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Cleric of Hell’s Brigade View Post
    He nods.

“Yeah, she was going there. I think she filed a report and shared it. Check your messages.”
    Sarada raised an eyebrow. "Huh. Wonder why she never said anything me about it." Busy with things, undoubtedly. Shrugging, she tapped on her fleshly wrist and opened her messages as Jinzi said. "Alright, let's see."
    DBM | Sarada | Parsley

ROLL TIDE ROLL!

Quote Originally Posted by Miburo View Post
    "The Shrine? Was I off on vacation when thi---"

A loud explosion could be heard in the background, bursting through what sounded like rock and stone.

"Maramade! What the hell are you doing back there?! There's no construction planned for today!"

Frantic shouting could be heard by different parties, and the desperate pounding of feet on the pavement.

"....A giant frog? A giant angry frog? Did you see what she wanted? It's probably Althena, although she shouldn't be so primitive as to not know how to knock...."

Another explosion reverberated through the communicator.

"What the hell do you mean it's a guy? And why the hell is he here for me? I only know like three frogs, and all of them are girls...And as a general rule, I try to stay as far away from Todian policies as I can. Are you certain that---"

Faintly, a deep voice, with a timbur as solid as oak spoke, a promise of vengeance in every word he spoke.

"Finally, the hour is at hand to punish you for your wicked deeds, Held Debon! This castle is no doubt a monument to your debauchy and filled with the ill gotten gains from a deed filled with wickedness....I trust your Acrosian friend told you that the hour--

"Kami Damnit.....So...Hey guys..." Held sighed, "Good talk. I guess I had an appointment I forgot to pencil in or something."

The communication ended a moment later.
    "What is with the sudden influx of Toadians ?" Ishtar wondered aloud. "The last I witnessed their species, they were on the verge of collapse, a civilization crippled by issues they seemed otherwise unwilling to address." To say nothing of their level of technological ... advancement when Ishtar had been there last. A sharpened stick being the ... pinnacle.

The Oni shrugged.

"Perhaps that reptilian species managed to curb the population troubles in the end, after all ..."
    Yeah, but if you... man, we're getting into weird analogy territory, like if you disintegrated Superman's arms he wouldn't be able to go "fool! Little did you know that my arms and I are one and can be remade from me!" and will his arms back into being from pure nothingness. - Pendaran

Arx Inosaan

The doors are warded with a magnificently powerful curse. Had she tried to open them she most likely would have been fried to a crisp.

Odd that they would be sealed and cursed if this was in fact, a shrine.
    "Interesting," Parsley hummed. She could see the curse guarding the door. A powerful, very lethal curse that would, likely, have killed even her had she followed through with her original thought and just blindly tried to open the door with nary a thought to the consequences or dangers.

"The door leading the way to a shrine is warded by a powerful and lethal curse." Curious that a shrine would be warded by a curse. She wasn't religious, nor did she know anything about religions, but she assumed that shrines were meant to be freely visited by any and all interested parties. "The only way through, I believe, is to break the curse."

She breathed in slowly and held it for a moment. Lifting her hands until they weren't quite touching the door, the anti-magic of Muda: Level III -- she needed more creative names for her anti-magic techniques -- flowed from her and into the door in an attempt to nullify the curse.
    DBM | Sarada | Parsley

ROLL TIDE ROLL!

It feels longer then what the star map says. It's probably because of anxiety..

After they got the star chart from the young princess of where her father may be located, they had set out once everything else was in order. From what it was said, it wasn't going to be a short trip as it was quite a bit away from earth. All that being said, time seemed to drag on far longer then she would have liked on this trip to rescue her father. With all the false starts and disapointing leads once they got there, this felt almost too good to be true. The only issue was the very real possibility of danger when they got there.

In the mean time to kill time besides training or talking, she had been trying to see if there was some way to call the Umbrus Lord power to her own. All she had to work with was theory of what she read but one thing that seemed to be mostly consistent was it came about when pushed. It didn't seem like something she could just tap into without being put in such situations, or at least placing her herself in that mental place.

Then again from what she read she wasn't sure she wanted to.

With her her friends ever increasing in power and the enemies along with them, then it be something if needed she'd push herself through. The last thing she'd want was to become was a burden unable to protect her home or those she cared about.

___

In her time on earth so far, Aleka couldn't recall her ever visiting Capsule Corp. One of her biggest allies, Jinzi was there among other things and while she was here on earth, it wouldn't hurt to see for herself. On top of everything else she was making a effort to at least be on a more friendly first name bases with most of the group. When she got there, she knocked and waited.

It should be a interesting ride if nothing else, judging by past experiences.
    Last edited by Sion Reaver; 10-07-2019 at 11:56 AM.

Voice of the Authorities Cleric of Hell’s Brigade's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Sub-Zero MKA View Post
    "Interesting," Parsley hummed. She could see the curse guarding the door. A powerful, very lethal curse that would, likely, have killed even her had she followed through with her original thought and just blindly tried to open the door with nary a thought to the consequences or dangers.

"The door leading the way to a shrine is warded by a powerful and lethal curse." Curious that a shrine would be warded by a curse. She wasn't religious, nor did she know anything about religions, but she assumed that shrines were meant to be freely visited by any and all interested parties. "The only way through, I believe, is to break the curse."

She breathed in slowly and held it for a moment. Lifting her hands until they weren't quite touching the door, the anti-magic of Muda: Level III -- she needed more creative names for her anti-magic techniques -- flowed from her and into the door in an attempt to nullify the curse.
    It resists, but if she keeps applying it eventually the curse dissolves and the doors creak open.
    Black Knight of SO
    Owner/Operator of SO’s Item/Weapon Shop
    Claimer of the original Rumbles 2,000,000th post
    CBR GM/DM

Quote Originally Posted by Sion Reaver View Post
    It feels longer then what the star map says. It's probably because of anxiety..

After they got the star chart from the young princess of where her father may be located, they had set out once everything else was in order. From what it was said, it wasn't going to be a short trip as it was quite a bit away from earth. All that being said, time seemed to drag on far longer then she would have liked on this trip to rescue her father. With all the false starts and disapointing leads once they got there, this felt almost too good to be true. The only issue was the very real possibility of danger when they got there.

In the mean time to kill time besides training or talking, she had been trying to see if there was some way to call the Umbrus Lord power to her own. All she had to work with was theory of what she read but one thing that seemed to be mostly consistent was it came about when pushed. It didn't seem like something she could just tap into without being put in such situations, or at least placing her herself in that mental place.

Then again from what she read she wasn't sure she wanted to.

With her her friends ever increasing in power and the enemies along with them, then it be something if needed she'd push herself through. The last thing she'd want was to become was a burden unable to protect her home or those she cared about.

___

In her time on earth so far, Aleka couldn't recall her ever visiting Capsule Corp. One of her biggest allies, Jinzi was there among other things and while she was here on earth, it wouldn't hurt to see for herself. On top of everything else she was making a effort to at least be on a more friendly first name bases with most of the group. When she got there, she knocked and waited.

It should be a interesting ride if nothing else, judging by past experiences.
    Capsule Corp, as always, is busy. Jinzi is gone out with Meagan and Azura right now, but a man named Wilhelm seems to be in charge. He nods to her.

“Hello....”
    Black Knight of SO
    CBR GM/DM

It resists, but if she keeps applying it eventually the curse dissolves and the doors creak open.
    It was fighting against her. It actually resisted, such was the power that was poured into it. Parsley gritted her teeth and poured more power into it. "WRRRRRRRRY!!!!"

Oh.

What was that?

Some kind of overly dramatic, flamboyant screech? I... Oh, it's open.

The ward fell away to nothing, allowing the doors to open. Her hands fell to her sides as she stepped forward. The moment she poked her head inside, Observational Insight showed her what was inside.
    DBM | Sarada | Parsley

ROLL TIDE ROLL!

After a few moments, Wheelo gets back on.

“Jinzi says there’s about a half kilogram he can spare. Just swing by and pick it up in the rebuilt main office.”
    Before swing by the main office at Capsule Corp. Praxat decides to check on Qaztoh. Praxat knocks on the door to Qaztoh's room. " Qaztoh, I know you're upset right now," Praxat said.

" I know you didn't want to hear that Araxat is a traitor. However, it's the truth. Araxat helped Killrog take over the Kingdom. She was the mastermind behind the invasion of Lisia on our home planet Qaceria," Praxat said.

" Killrog would have never taken over the Kingdom if it wasn't for her," Praxat said. Praxat walks away after not getting a response." ( She's not in her room. well that was a waste of time,) Praxat thought.

Somewhere in a Lab on Qacriea. The Masked Toadian is looking at a series of scriptures with highly advance electronic microscopes." ( Hmm impressive So Zykona used nanites that affect neural impulses. to brainwash my race.) the masked Toadian said.

( However, I know how to undo the brainwash thanks to studying that hat shape mind control device. That the man called the Black Sheep gave to Killrog. I know that Zykona's mind control nanites are vulnerable to an Electro-Magnetic Pulse,) the Masked Toadian thought.

( I just need to make a device that will produce a globe Electro-Magnetic Pulse to free the rest of the Toadians on the other continents from Zykona's mind control. I have been secretly run things in the Kingdom, and Killrog has been a good puppet. That insufferable sorry excuse for a Queen Yaztoh has caused a lot of damage to the Kingdom. ) The Masked Toadian thought.

( She had the space program abolish. Which left the Kingdom's planet colonies without supplies and food. She outlaw trading with other planets. Made it against the law for Toadians living in Lisia to leave,) the masked Toadian thought.

( And this is not to mention the asinine import tax she put on all import goods being ship to the colonies on Qacriea. That woman had to be dealt with before you should cause any more damaged to the Kingdom. Lucky Killrog was just the person I need for the task of disposing of Yaztoh,) the Masked Toadian thought.

( However, Killrog is no longer need he has served his purpose. Yaztoh's asinine laws caused a major population problem for my race. Something she never addressed. So It was up to me to fix the problem,) The Masked Toadian said.

( So I used Killrog as a device to help with my race's population problem. It has been successful so far. My people might hate me now when revealing the truth to them. However, they will come to understand that my actions were justified. That everything I did was for the sake of the Kingdom,") the Masked Toadian thought.

( My race has made many technological advancements. One thousand years ago. My race created pocket dimension storage devices know as Joboxs. It wasn't long before my race established a space exploration program,) The Masked Toadian thought.

( My race's Space exploration program went into development ten years after the first Jobox was invented. My race achieved rapid growth in technology, and I believe it had to do with the arrival of that alien woman Zykona,) The Masked Toadian thought.

( I can place her arrival on Qacriea before the invention of the Jobox. I can induce that Zykona came from a Highly technological planet. Just from looking at these nanites alone,) The Masked Toadian thought.

( What I can't induce is why she came to Qacriea in the first place,) The Masked Toadian thought.

Back on Earth. Praxat swings by the main office at Capsule Corp. She picks up the Ultra Katchin. The later gets to work using it to make the X-ray modification device for her combat goggles, ( Hmm I hope Qaztoh's Egg reduction producer is successful. I know she's been hard at work on the project,) Praxat thought.
    Last edited by bruceleegreyhulk; 10-07-2019 at 01:47 PM.
    My Forum check it out

Bruceleegreyhulk's RPG & Story Forum

Characters: Cyber Samurai, Wilima Stonewall, Red Oni, Jaakobah , Giduiz Mazi, Midas Goldsteel

Gambit: Gambit see your bet and raise it, because the cards always be in my favor.

Retired Overlord

Quote Originally Posted by bruceleegreyhulk View Post
    Qaztoh enters the kitchen and sees Zaofan looking at ingredients for Zeef Roast. Qaztoh decides to help by pointing out which ingredient is which. " Okay, the thick blue liquid is Xoysauce. The pink crystal stuff is Zarlic Alhio," Qaztoh said.

" I can tell from the minty aroma. The black powder is Black Vepper. The reddish-brown powder is Dry Zustard powder. The white liquid that has a strong smell to it is white Zinegar," Qaztoh said.

The thick oozy green liquid is Voney. The blue powder is ground Xinger, the purple stuff is Zelery seeds. The orange powder is Xornstarch. The brown liquid is melted Vutter," Qaztoh said.

" Then there's the meat in the middle which is derived from a Xow. That cut of meat is a high-quality grade. I can tell it came from the rump of a healthy and mature Xow," Qaztoh said.
    "ZAOFAN ERO!" Erosa opens the door to the kitchen and marches in. "No time for cook, Found Rex ero....need your time to beat him up......eh..."

The Id eyed the mess of random containers spread all across the kitchen table, then passed her gaze over to the two standing awkwardly next to it, then back to the food.

"Gao, whats this......Why yes I'll have some ero." The Id neither waited not expected nor had any care for approval. With the speed of a lecherous old man grabbing some booty, she swiped the container marked Vutter off the table. "Who wrote label...Butter not spelled with a V." Swiftly ripping the lid off, she threw back a moutful of Vutter and immediately regreted it with every fiber of her magical existence. With the force of a sonic boom she projectile launches her mouthful of Vutter into the Kitchen wall where it sticks like a giant, brown loogie.

"FfFFFFfffgggGHHHHkkKCCCLCKKK *spitspitspit* Gaaao! *spit* *coughcough* What.....Blleeeeggghhhhoorrrggg......taste awfuluuggh....." In a attempt to throw something in to cover the taste, she grabs the bottle of Zinegar from the table and chugs it.

Immediate Eye Bluging, Mouth frosting stomach incinerating vomehameha.

By the time she drops back onto the ground their is a new entryway to the kitchen that cuts through at least 3 other rooms.
    Last edited by MrSandman; 10-07-2019 at 02:55 PM.

Capsule Corp, as always, is busy. Jinzi is gone out with Meagan and Azura right now, but a man named Wilhelm seems to be in charge. He nods to her.

“Hello....”

The woman had expected Jinzi, someone working there or perhaps even Meagan so it was a surprise when she saw neither of those. The man was familiar and she had seen them a few times if she hadn't yet directly interacted with them. It took a moment for the name to call back to her but when it did, it struck. "Afternoon. I was just making rounds to check on everyone, but judging by things Jinzi and the others are out. Your name was Wilhelm wasn't it? My name is Aleka Cardan. Nice to meet you officially."

There was something else too. The man had a tiredness about them she hadn't really seen in anyone else. Aleka hadn't lived under a bridge and considered herself a woman with a decent amount of life and travel experience. She had seen a lot of things but this was something else entirely. Whatever the story full story was behind it wasn't one to bring up in casual conversation, nor was she the type to poke her nose in something without a prompt.

It was fighting against her. It actually resisted, such was the power that was poured into it. Parsley gritted her teeth and poured more power into it. "WRRRRRRRRY!!!!"

Oh.

What was that?

The ward fell away to nothing, allowing the doors to open. Her hands fell to her sides as she stepped forward. The moment she poked her head inside, Observational Insight showed her what was inside.
    A simple room with a shrine in the middle. Walking up she opens the small doors and within is a rough cloth pillow, where a dragonball once sat.

Behind it lay a small leather bound book.
    Black Knight of SO
    CBR GM/DM

Oh.

What was that?

"I certainly hope there are no foes around," Blizzar's voice called behind her. "One could hear.....whatever that was from a mile away." The Arcosian landed beside Parsley, nodding in greeting. "Apologies for the late arrival...I had some paperwork to ignore."

Quote Originally Posted by Sion Reaver View Post
    The woman had expected Jinzi, someone working there or perhaps even Meagan so it was a surprise when she saw neither of those. The man was familiar and she had seen them a few times if she hadn't yet directly interacted with them. It took a moment for the name to call back to her but when it did, it struck. "Afternoon. I was just making rounds to check on everyone, but judging by things Jinzi and the others are out. Your name was Wilhelm wasn't it? My name is Aleka Cardan. Nice to meet you officially."

There was something else too. The man had a tiredness about them she hadn't really seen in anyone else. Aleka hadn't lived under a bridge and considered herself a woman with a decent amount of life and travel experience. She had seen a lot of things but this was something else entirely. Whatever the story full story was behind it wasn't one to bring up in casual conversation, nor was she the type to poke her nose in something without a prompt.
    He smiles warmly.

“A pleasure....Ms. Aleka.”

He gestures to a nearby table with refreshments.

“Help...yourself. I was about...to take lunch.”
    Black Knight of SO
    CBR GM/DM

Quote Originally Posted by KingofPie View Post
    "I certainly hope there are no foes around," Blizzar's voice called behind her. "One could hear.....whatever that was from a mile away." The Arcosian landed beside Parsley, nodding in greeting. "Apologies for the late arrival...I had some paperwork to ignore."

Like Parsley, he sees the empty pillow and the journal.
    Black Knight of SO
    CBR GM/DM

A simple room with a shrine in the middle. Walking up she opens the small doors and within is a rough cloth pillow, where a dragonball once sat.

Behind it lay a small leather bound book.
    Quote Originally Posted by KingofPie View Post
    Like Parsley, he sees the empty pillow and the journal.
    "Apologies," she muttered sheepishly. "I have no clue what came over me." Her eyes fell upon the empty pillow and journal. The pillow was, without doubt, where Midori found the dragonball.

The journal, however, was curious. Cautiously, she picked it up and opened it. "That pillow is where The Doctor found the dragonball," she commented.
    DBM | Sarada | Parsley

ROLL TIDE ROLL!