Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Quote Originally Posted by Güicho View Post

What's funny if you actually read it, Jordan's defeat of Mongul, was all about Hal overcoming the pain of Coast City; physical and mental, silencing the voices that called out for Justice.
    Putting them behind him, and driving ahead, focusing on the survivors and the future.
    That was Jordan, how he survived.

Absolute character assassination and betrayal.
    It was even more driven home in the next issue where he teamed up with Green Arrow. That one ended with him putting Coast City behind him, moving on from both Olivia and Carol and focusing on a new future... Next issue. wallowing in a giant crater... Sigh.

Three Legged Member married guy's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by phantom1592 View Post
    It was even more driven home in the next issue where he teamed up with Green Arrow. That one ended with him putting Coast City behind him, moving on from both Olivia and Carol and focusing on a new future... Next issue. wallowing in a giant crater... Sigh.
    Yup. I could've made a claim against DC. The jolt between #47 and #48 gave me severe whiplash.
    "My name is Wally West. I'm the fastest man alive!"
    I'll try being nicer if you try being smarter.

Astonishing Member kingaliencracker's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Bruce Wayne View Post
    You are mixing it up with Thanos who along with Mongul were both created by Jim Starlin.

Darkseid however is the creation of Jack Kirby aka the King.
    Interestingly enough, Thanos was a rip-off of Darkseid, while Mongul was a rip-off of Thanos. This according to Starlin himself, although I hear he's backed off this in recent years.

Astonishing Member kingaliencracker's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by married guy View Post
    Yup. I could've made a claim against DC. The jolt between #47 and #48 gave me severe whiplash.
    So...obviously everyone knows Emerald Twilight was redone at the last minute to the story we ultimately got. Obviously Hal was never supposed to go insane and wipe out the GL Corps in an attempt to resurrect Coast City.

However, Ron Marz did attempt to explain Hal's sudden and drastic turn from issue #47 to #48 in that Hal was clearly in denial about the destruction of Coast City.

Weak explanation perhaps, but take it for what you will.

BANNED

Starlin wrote loads of Thanos rip offs, like the High Papal from Dreadstar