Page 28 of 98 FirstFirst ... 182425262728293031323878 ... LastLast

Got my solicits in, just in time. Looking forward to everyone's solicits in September!
    "Darkseid...always hated music..."

Every post I make, it should be assumed by the reader that the following statement is attached: "It's all subjective. What works for me doesn't necessarily work for you, and vice versa, and that's ok. You may have a different opinion on it, but this is mine. That's the wonderful thing about being a comics fan, it's all subjective."

Bat-Wing and Connor Hawke are in. I'm so happy!

Question is in for September and there is also a Starro Wars special for Vic as well.

Spectacular Member randomideaguy's Avatar

Binging my way through the Dixon era Birds of Prey and had an idea. Back in the day they used to have a lot more minor crossovers. So I’d like to offer up any of my characters for guests spots (or I’ll accept some and work with it). I would probably err on the side of just deciding a certain issue is chronologically before another one, rather than losing a character for an issue. Just thought I would offer.

RED X: SEASON TWO
    Limited Series
    Plotter: H-E-D
    Writer: MARJORIE LIU
    Artist: DECLAN SHALVEY
    Premise: Returning to Blüdhaven months after a soul-shattering undercover stint at the supervillain Red X, Dick Grayson returns home to pick up the pieces. But can he let go of Red X? Will Red X let him go?
    Main Character: Dick Grayson (Nightwing/Red X)
    Supporting characters: Emily Sung; Nightwing (Cheyenne Freemont); Robin (Damian Wayne); Madeline Le May; Wonder Girl (Cassie Sandsmark)
    Antagonists: Deadman (Marcus Moore); Uehara Daizo; Red X (???)

Subject to change, but for the time being...

Quote Originally Posted by H-E-D View Post
    Limited Series
    Premise: Returning to Blüdhaven months after a soul-shattering undercover stint at the supervillain Red X, Dick Grayson returns home to pick up the pieces. But can he let go of Red X? Will Red X let him go?
    Supporting characters: Emily Sung; Nightwing (Cheyenne Freemont); Robin (Damian Wayne); Madeline Le May; Wonder Girl (Cassie Sandsmark)

I <3 this!

Quote Originally Posted by randomideaguy View Post
    Binging my way through the Dixon era Birds of Prey and had an idea. Back in the day they used to have a lot more minor crossovers. So I’d like to offer up any of my characters for guests spots (or I’ll accept some and work with it). I would probably err on the side of just deciding a certain issue is chronologically before another one, rather than losing a character for an issue. Just thought I would offer.
    Love it! Might take you up on it in October's Starro Wars. Also, my characters are always up for crossovers as well.

Limited Series

X gon' give it you ya! I look forward to this.

On the apology note, work got a little unexpectedly crazy for me this week but I will hopefully have sales totals up and posted for Next Dawn and Age of Marvels (as well as new solicitations) within the next few days. On the plus side, its more time to make purchases!
    Last edited by Exciter; 09-02-2020 at 09:57 AM.
    Age of Marvels and DC Next Dawn - Monthly Fan Made Solicitation Competitions on these very forums, make your pulls now! Want back story? Check the Wiki!

Quote Originally Posted by Exciter View Post
    Love it! Might take you up on it in October's Starro Wars. Also, my characters are always up for crossovers as well.
    Sounds good! I know for sure Daniel & Wally West would be fun to interact with the Flash cast.

Sales totals for August are up!

Lots of points to go around!

Our main man nx will have new solicitations up soon, and then reward point totals will be adjusted accordingly!
    Age of Marvels and DC Next Dawn - Monthly Fan Made Solicitation Competitions on these very forums, make your pulls now! Want back story? Check the Wiki!

Thanks, Exciter!
    The new solicits will be posted in a few hours!
    Last edited by nx01a; 09-04-2020 at 12:59 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by The General, JLA #38
    'Why?' Just to see the disappointment on your corn-fed, gee-whiz face, Superman. And because a great dark voice on the edge of nothing spoke to me and said you all had to die. There is no 'Why?'

Quote Originally Posted by The General, JLA #38
    'Why?' Just to see the disappointment on your corn-fed, gee-whiz face, Superman. And because a great dark voice on the edge of nothing spoke to me and said you all had to die. There is no 'Why?'

I have to say, I'm much preferring the approach to the event I've taken here vs Age of Marvel's Civil War. Doing a bunch of one-shots instead of a couple minis. Hope everyone else is getting as much of a kick out of my scattershot approach as I am.

I'm always down for my characters guest-starring – both here and especially Age of Marvels, where the number of characters I've claimed is higher and more rich with guest starring potential.

The only thing I'd note is that for the time being, if anybody wants Dick Grayson as a guest star, you'll have to be coming to Blüdhaven. At least for the duration of Season 2. He's not going to be doing much in the way of traveling at the moment!

Quote Originally Posted by CaptCleghorn View Post
    I <3 this!
    X gon' give it you ya! I look forward to this.
    I'm continually humbled by the support Red X has amongst you all. And to think, it was a last minute change of plans that lead to me making the book. It nearly didn't happen!
    Last edited by H-E-D; 09-04-2020 at 03:07 PM.

Nice. I’ve gotta figure out Donna’s backstory as you mentioned, plus her relationship with the Amazons. Did NTT happen (at least broad strokes) and in this verse?

Plus I understand everyone thinks Dick is dead, right?

With KC’s departure, this frees up ACTION and DETECTIVE - and DC’s two most popular characters, Superman and Batman. If anyone wants to cash in points and jump on that for a third title (or pick up a second or even first book) now is the time! With those characters I’d consider it myself...
    DETECTIVE COMICS #9
    Plotted by randomideaguy
    Written by Ed Brubaker
    Art by Giruhiru
    32 PGS./ Rated T...$2.99

Cast List
    1-13 ?

Going to let nx01a pick first since he had something regarding World's Finest he wanted to try out. Just posting before my Mac goes from 1% to 0%. Should be able to afford this, once points are updated to include August solicits.

I have to say, I'm much preferring the approach to the event I've taken here vs Age of Marvel's Civil War. Doing a bunch of one-shots instead of a couple minis. Hope everyone else is getting as much of a kick out of my scattershot approach as I am.
    I like your approach too! Might borrow it myself next event.

DETECTIVE COMICS #9
    Plotted by randomideaguy
    Written by Ed Brubaker
    Art by Giruhiru
    32 PGS./ Rated T...$2.99

Cast List
    1-13 ?

Going to let nx01a pick first since he had something regarding World's Finest he wanted to try out. Just posting before my Mac goes from 1% to 0%. Should be able to afford this, once points are updated to include August solicits.
    Very cool!

Sorry about the point tally delays, been abnormally busy. I’ll get around to adding them up most likely Tuesday!