Page 32 of 98 FirstFirst ... 222829303132333435364282 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by randomideaguy View Post
    Recovering from a stroke early October, so if anyone wants Detective next month that is a - ok.
    I hope your recovery is quick and thorough. Just sit back, get better, and watch us fight over the books.

Recovering from a stroke early October, so if anyone wants Detective next month that is a - ok.
    What is a the current status of Action Comics? I think a string of single issue fill-ins by various writers could be an interesting activity. Am I free to do an Action/Detective story for one month?

Best wishes for a complete, speedy recovery RIG!

Quote Originally Posted by CaptCleghorn View Post
    What is a the current status of Action Comics? I think a string of single issue fill-ins by various writers could be an interesting activity. Am I free to do an Action/Detective story for one month?
    Action Comics ended with #8 when KC retired. Nobody has yet expressed interest in the title (I considered it but went with Aquaman instead based on greater wetness). RIG has indicated a desire to continue Detective, which hopefully he will as he recovers.

You’re free to do an Action/Detective story (you could even claim Action as a second title, no points required).

I’ve also considered a kind of rotating writer project, which could be fun. We’d just have to work out the details. Would anyone else be interesting in something along those lines?
    Last edited by Exciter; 10-15-2020 at 02:42 AM.
    Age of Marvels and DC Next Dawn - Monthly Fan Made Solicitation Competitions on these very forums, make your pulls now! Want back story? Check the Wiki!

Quote Originally Posted by Exciter View Post
    Best wishes for a complete, speedy recovery RIG!

Action Comics ended with #8 when KC retired. Nobody has yet expressed interest in the title (I considered it but went with Aquaman instead based on greater wetness). RIG has indicated a desire to continue Detective, which hopefully he will as he recovers.

You’re free to do an Action/Detective story (you could even claim Action as a second title, no points required).

I’ve also considered a kind of rotating writer project, which could be fun. We’d just have to work out the details. Would anyone else be interesting in something along those lines?
    I think I could contribute something on a rotating basis.

If it's OK, and I think it is, then I'll do a story crossing over with Action and Detective 9s. I'm not ready for a full time second DC book as the Marvel stuff is going to be taking up a lot of my online time for the next few months. But the anal retentive part of me would like to see Action and Detective maintain the same numbering and shouldn't we all get a chance at writing the big two of superheroes? Plus with Action and Detective Clark and Bruce weren't the only superheroes with stories. I'm talking backups! Action 9 and Detective 9 will be in by the end of October.

I hope KC and RIG are OK with this.

A rotating title sounds like fun.

Also, check it: https://www.cbr.com/teen-titans-cart...-comics-debut/

I choose to believe I made this happen lol.

Quote Originally Posted by H-E-D View Post
    I choose to believe I made this happen lol.
    Someone read the forum and saw Red X consistently selling at #1...

If it's OK, and I think it is, then I'll do a story crossing over with Action and Detective 9s. I'm not ready for a full time second DC book as the Marvel stuff is going to be taking up a lot of my online time for the next few months. But the anal retentive part of me would like to see Action and Detective maintain the same numbering and shouldn't we all get a chance at writing the big two of superheroes? Plus with Action and Detective Clark and Bruce weren't the only superheroes with stories. I'm talking backups! Action 9 and Detective 9 will be in by the end of October.

I hope KC and RIG are OK with this.
    You're good to go with issue 9s. I'm positive KC would be honored you'd continue the series.

As for a rotating title, I'm open to brainstorming.

A while back, DC had a book called the Kamandi challenge. Basically, a creative team would do an issue and then challenge a different team to do the next issue picking up where they left off, and so on. I've thought this was an interesting concept that could work in our solicitation game. Could be "the Action Challenge" - or even a Justice League Challenge. Would just have to figure out how the cast and points would work.
    Last edited by Exciter; 10-15-2020 at 03:07 PM.
    Age of Marvels and DC Next Dawn - Monthly Fan Made Solicitation Competitions on these very forums, make your pulls now! Want back story? Check the Wiki!

Justice League Challenge!!! I'm in!
    Maybe something like, after twelve issues, the plotter whose issue got the most points gets a special prize.
    Quote Originally Posted by The General, JLA #38
    'Why?' Just to see the disappointment on your corn-fed, gee-whiz face, Superman. And because a great dark voice on the edge of nothing spoke to me and said you all had to die. There is no 'Why?'

You're good to go with issue 9s. I'm positive KC would be honored you'd continue the series.

A while back, DC had a book called the Kamandi challenge. Basically, a creative team would do an issue and then challenge a different team to do the next issue picking up where they left off, and so on. I've thought this was an interesting concept that could work in our solicitation game. Could be "the Action Challenge" - or even a Justice League Challenge. Would just have to figure out how the cast and points would work.
    I am more than happy to see my books carried on by other people. I am looking forward to seeing what you all come up with .

The plot for a first issue of a Challenge book would be different than the oneshot Bruce and Clark crossover I was planning. But if the demand for a challenge book is there, I can certainly adapt to. As for cast, I'd like to suggest an Out of Continuity story where everybody's on the table and anything can happen. Feel free to comment your perferences as this is certainly not a totalitarian group. We just want good funny books.

The plot for a first issue of a Challenge book would be different than the oneshot Bruce and Clark crossover I was planning. But if the demand for a challenge book is there, I can certainly adapt to. As for cast, I'd like to suggest an Out of Continuity story where everybody's on the table and anything can happen. Feel free to comment your perferences as this is certainly not a totalitarian group. We just want good funny books.
    Out of Continuity is an option, maybe set on an alternate Earth in the Next Dawn multiverse. Then it can get as weird and wacky as we want without stepping on anyone's toes.

There are a few in-continuity options that I've mulled over:
    Team-Up Basis: We vote on a few characters to reserve for the rotating book, e.g. Superman and a villain/villain group. Then team Superman up with characters you own for an issue.
    Voluntary basis: Participants offer characters up to be part of the cast, e.g., I permit Flash, Green Lantern, and Aquaman to be used.
    The Team-Up can of course be supplemented by volunteers.

Any thoughts?

Out of Continuity is an option, maybe set on an alternate Earth in the Next Dawn multiverse. Then it can get as weird and wacky as we want without stepping on anyone's toes.

There are a few in-continuity options that I've mulled over:
    Team-Up Basis: We vote on a few characters to reserve for the rotating book, e.g. Superman and a villain/villain group. Then team Superman up with characters you own for an issue.
    Voluntary basis: Participants offer characters up to be part of the cast, e.g., I permit Flash, Green Lantern, and Aquaman to be used.
    The Team-Up can of course be supplemented by volunteers.

Any thoughts?
    Action as a Superman Team-Up challenge I could get behind. Are people happy with me writing a first part? I know the conspiracy theorist Question would fit well into a weird story beginning. I still would like to do a connecting two part back-up between Action and Detective, though. I can also [provide a one-shot Batman story. If only I could find Batman reference material.

So, for the solicits on Nov 1st, I will wri=te solicits for:

Action 9, starting a Superman team-up challenge. A back-up story is also there to support my Question stuff.
    Detective 9, starring Batman in a one-shot story. There is also another back-up tying into the Action back-up story.
    Question 16, with the usual stuff.

I am open to suggestions and thoughts and do not want to dictate, but I've found in group discussions that putting an option out there is better for development than "I dunno, what do you wanna do?"

Action as a Superman Team-Up challenge I could get behind. Are people happy with me writing a first part? I know the conspiracy theorist Question would fit well into a weird story beginning. I still would like to do a connecting two part back-up between Action and Detective, though. I can also [provide a one-shot Batman story. If only I could find Batman reference material.

So, for the solicits on Nov 1st, I will wri=te solicits for:

Action 9, starting a Superman team-up challenge. A back-up story is also there to support my Question stuff.
    Detective 9, starring Batman in a one-shot story. There is also another back-up tying into the Action back-up story.
    Question 16, with the usual stuff.

I am open to suggestions and thoughts and do not want to dictate, but I've found in group discussions that putting an option out there is better for development than "I dunno, what do you wanna do?"
    Definitely set for the issue 9s, and I'm happy with it!

I like the "Action Challenge" as a kind of Superman Team-Up. Perhaps the allure of participating in the challenge is that you can use characters in the available pool (e.g., not currently drafted)? Superman teams up with... say, Ambush Bug or Dog-welder. Imagination can go wild. And, of course, with volunteers it can also involve the Justice League.

Definitely set for the issue 9s, and I'm happy with it!

I like the "Action Challenge" as a kind of Superman Team-Up. Perhaps the allure of participating in the challenge is that you can use characters in the available pool (e.g., not currently drafted)? Superman teams up with... say, Ambush Bug or Dog-welder. Imagination can go wild. And, of course, with volunteers it can also involve the Justice League.
    I'm not sure if this is even a major point for people, but I am assuming that any living creator is fair game to be placed in the Action Bullpen. I also assume (and yes, I do know what assume means )that like DC's previous challenge books, creators would rotate every issue. And cover credis as well! Yippee!

I'm not sure if this is even a major point for people, but I am assuming that any living creator is fair game to be placed in the Action Bullpen. I also assume (and yes, I do know what assume means )that like DC's previous challenge books, creators would rotate every issue. And cover credis as well! Yippee!
    Those were also my assumptions!