Quote Originally Posted by randomideaguy View Post
    DETECTIVE COMICS #9
    Plotted by randomideaguy
    Written by Ed Brubaker
    Art by Giruhiru
    32 PGS./ Rated T...$2.99

Cast List
    1-13 ?

Going to let nx01a pick first since he had something regarding World's Finest he wanted to try out. Just posting before my Mac goes from 1% to 0%. Should be able to afford this, once points are updated to include August solicits.
    Alright here we go!

01. Bruce Wayne / Batman
    02. Jason Todd / Red Hood
    03. Tim Drake / Red Robin (*sigh* that's still a dumb name)
    04. Stephanie Brown / Spoiler
    05. [ WILD CARD SPOT, will pick later ]
    06. Cassandra Cain / Batgirl
    07. Barbara Gordon / Oracle
    08. The Joker
    09. Waylon Jones / Killer Croc
    10. [ WILD CARD SPOT, will pick later ]
    11. Peyton Riley / Ventriloquist
    12. Charles Brown / Kite-Man
    13. Mitchell Mayo / Condiment King

I am thinking something like Batman Family from back in the 1970s. So we will have an A-Plot with Bruce (probably) and then the second half of the issue will be one of the family members.

If anybody wants any of these people, just let me know. The Batfam is a rich tapestry and I can come up with something for virtually any combo of them.
    Last edited by randomideaguy; 09-07-2020 at 07:49 PM.

Alright here we go!

01. Bruce Wayne / Batman
    02. Jason Todd / Red Hood
    03. Tim Drake / Red Robin (*sigh* that's still a dumb name)
    04. Stephanie Brown / Spoiler
    05. Damian Wayne / Robin
    06. Cassandra Cain / Batgirl
    07. Barbara Gordon / Oracle
    08. The Joker
    09. Waylon Jones / Killer Croc
    10. [ WILD CARD SPOT, will pick later ]
    11. Peyton Riley / Ventriloquist
    12. Charles Brown / Kite-Man
    13. Mitchell Mayo / Condiment King

I am thinking something like Batman Family from back in the 1970s. So we will have an A-Plot with Bruce (probably) and then the second half of the issue will be one of the family members.

If anybody wants any of these people, just let me know. The Batfam is a rich tapestry and I can come up with something for virtually any combo of them.

I know that H-E-D just claimed Damian Wayne for Red X.

As you noted, nx01a called dibs on Batman himself for a World’s Finest title, though he’s yet to list any other cast. Let us know what your plans are for that nx!

Our friend Lorec has Tim Drake on the Protectors. Alas, he hasn’t turned in solicitations for a while. Reluctantly I will have to cancel his titles and return his characters to the pool unless he responds within the next week. That would make Tim Drake available (and you can always change his name! I hear Bendis did... but “Drake” is even worse lol)
    Age of Marvels and DC Next Dawn - Monthly Fan Made Solicitation Competitions on these very forums, make your pulls now! Want back story? Check the Wiki!

Quote Originally Posted by Exciter View Post
    As you noted, nx01a called dibs on Batman himself for a World’s Finest title, though he’s yet to list any other cast. Let us know what your plans are for that nx!
    Batman in more than one book a month? Surely such an occurrence is unpossible!

Nice. I’ve gotta figure out Donna’s backstory as you mentioned, plus her relationship with the Amazons. Did NTT happen (at least broad strokes) and in this verse?

Plus I understand everyone thinks Dick is dead, right?
    I’m assuming that some sort of NTT-like storylines happened. Likely not 1-to-1 with the originals, but broad strokes. But, nothing has actually been established to that effect, far as I’m aware. So at the moment, it could go either way.

And, yeah, people think Dick is dead.

Like Exciter said, I grabbed Damian for RXS2, but you’re free to use him as a guest star anytime.

I've decided that doing another title is probably not the best idea for me atm. Alas, I must release Bats and Supes into the capable hands of randomideaguy.
    Quote Originally Posted by The General, JLA #38
    'Why?' Just to see the disappointment on your corn-fed, gee-whiz face, Superman. And because a great dark voice on the edge of nothing spoke to me and said you all had to die. There is no 'Why?'

Quote Originally Posted by nx01a View Post
    I've decided that doing another title is probably not the best idea for me atm. Alas, I must release Bats and Supes into the capable hands of randomideaguy.
    Well that settles that! The Batman is available and I’m pumped to see what RIG does with him.

Plus, plenty of characters left if you change your mind nx.

I’m contemplating a third title myself... oh, the possibilities. Just have to narrow down a series vision.

Reward points update should be tomorrow!
    Age of Marvels and DC Next Dawn - Monthly Fan Made Solicitation Competitions on these very forums, make your pulls now! Want back story? Check the Wiki!

As promised!

Reward Points Update

Here is the official reward points tally. Consider this your punch card. Reference our rewards list for what you can turn in your points for. Here’s how points are allotted:

You will get:
    *1 point for turning your monthly solicitation for the title in on time
    *1 point to each title you plot when you make your monthly purchases
    *2 points for being the highest selling title that month.
    *1 point for event tie-ins
    Points from concluded miniseries and one-shots were returned to their parent titles.

Punch Card

STARRO WARS
    ✪✪✪✪✪✪✪✪✪✪

BAT-WING
    ✪✪✪✪✪✪✪✪✪✪
    ✪✪✪✪✪✪✪✪✪✪
    ✪✪✪✪✪✪✪✪✪✪

DC EXTENDED UNIVERSE
    ✪✪✪✪✪✪✪✪✪✪
    ✪✪✪✪✪✪✪✪✪✪
    ✪✪✪✪✪

DEADLY HANDS OF CONNOR HAWKE
    ✪✪✪✪✪✪✪✪✪✪
    ✪✪✪✪✪✪✪✪✪✪
    ✪✪✪✪✪✪✪

THE FLASH
    ✪✪✪✪✪✪✪✪✪✪
    ✪✪✪✪✪✪✪✪✪✪
    ✪✪✪✪✪✪✪✪✪✪
    ✪✪✪✪✪✪✪✪✪✪

GREEN LANTERN
    ✪✪✪✪✪✪✪✪✪✪
    ✪✪✪✪✪✪✪✪✪✪

LEGENDS OF THE MULTIVERSE
    ✪✪✪✪✪✪✪✪✪✪
    ✪✪✪✪✪✪✪✪✪✪
    ✪✪✪✪✪✪✪✪

THE OUTSIDERS
    ✪✪✪✪✪✪✪✪✪✪

THE PROTECTORS
    ✪✪✪✪✪✪✪

THE QUESTION
    ✪✪✪✪✪✪✪✪✪✪
    ✪✪✪✪✪✪✪✪✪✪
    ✪✪✪✪✪✪✪✪✪✪
    ✪✪✪✪✪✪✪✪✪✪
    ✪✪✪

RED X
    ✪✪✪✪✪✪✪✪✪✪
    ✪✪✪✪✪✪✪✪✪✪
    ✪✪✪✪✪✪✪✪✪✪
    ✪✪✪✪✪✪✪✪✪✪
    ✪✪✪✪✪✪✪✪✪✪
    ✪✪✪✪✪✪

...SAME AS THE OLD GODS
    ✪✪✪✪✪✪✪✪✪✪
    ✪✪✪✪✪

SENSATION COMICS
    ✪✪✪✪✪✪✪✪✪✪
    ✪✪✪✪✪✪✪✪✪✪
    ✪✪✪✪✪✪✪✪✪✪
    ✪✪✪✪✪✪✪✪✪✪
    ✪✪✪✪

STARRO WARS: CLAW THE UNCONQUERED
    ✪✪✪✪✪✪

STARRO WARS: KAHINA
    ✪✪

STARRO WARS: QUESTION
    ✪✪

STARRO WARS: RED LANTERN
    ✪✪✪✪✪✪✪✪✪

STARRO WARS: STAR-CROSSED
    ✪✪✪✪✪✪

STARRO WARS: SUPER SONS
    ✪✪

SWAMP THING: SEA OF GREEN
    ✪✪✪✪✪✪✪✪✪✪
    ✪✪✪✪✪✪✪

TEEN TITANS
    ✪✪✪✪✪✪✪✪✪✪
    ✪✪✪✪

VILLAINS UNITED
    ✪✪✪✪✪✪✪✪✪✪
    ✪✪✪

Lee Stone’s reserved points:
    MYSTERY IN SPACE
    ✪✪✪✪✪✪✪✪✪✪
    ✪✪✪✪✪✪✪
    THE OUTSIDERS
    ✪✪✪✪✪✪✪✪✪✪
    ✪✪✪✪✪✪✪

So, randomideaguy, you don’t yet have the 20 points on a single title needed in order to cash in the “Plotter League Unlimited” reward to obtain a third title (it has to be one title with the points, not multiple titles combined). However, since I know you are good for it, I’m prepared to give you a points “loan” (interest free!). If you want to launch DETECTIVE next month, one of your titles will dip into negative points in the amount needed to cover the 20 point cash in. You’ll then gain points back the normal way to get out of the red () probably next month or the month after. Do you want to cash in from Teen Titans or Outsiders?

Spectacular Member randomideaguy's Avatar

Ah, didn’t realize that it had to be from one title. I think I’ll wait for now until I’ve got the funds (never did like going into debt)! If anyone snatches up those characters in the meantime, that’s fine - they’re fair game.

Ah, didn’t realize that it had to be from one title. I think I’ll wait for now until I’ve got the funds (never did like going into debt)! If anyone snatches up those characters in the meantime, that’s fine - they’re fair game.
    I can respect that. Student loans created a debt aversion in me as well...

Don’t forget there’s one more month of the STARRO WARS event. Tie-ins get an extra point, and an event one-shot can get up to four extra points for its parent book if it’s a top seller.

As promised!

Reward Points Update

Here is the official reward points tally.
    I am concerned with Question's point total. I want to make sure that it is not getting too much because of the Sons of Ditko mini. Now the mini was due to Question points to start with, but it was also presented in both Marvel and DC Universes. It shouldn't be getting double credit for the same book in two different threads.

Quote Originally Posted by CaptCleghorn View Post
    I am concerned with Question's point total. I want to make sure that it is not getting too much because of the Sons of Ditko mini. Now the mini was due to Question points to start with, but it was also presented in both Marvel and DC Universes. It shouldn't be getting double credit for the same book in two different threads.
    Well, the Sons of Ditko solicitations were different for each universe (the changes in perspectives I think should count as writing credit as they were effectively different solicitations). Plus, the book sold copies in both threads so the points were earned in my view. I can adjust if you'd prefer though.

Well, the Sons of Ditko solicitations were different for each universe (the changes in perspectives I think should count as writing credit as they were effectively different solicitations). Plus, the book sold copies in both threads so the points were earned in my view. I can adjust if you'd prefer though.
    I'm OK with it, then. I just didn't want anything unearned. Thank you for the checking for me.

Since next month’s books will be posted in October, I think Next Dawn should continue the tradition of holiday specials! I’m happy to announce NEXT DAWN HALLOWEEN SPECIAL #2!

As usual, it will be an anthology one-shot of various stories from our characters with a holiday theme. If you would like to participate (no pressure, no pressure), send in a short solicitation for inclusion in the book - and since it is a holiday, you can go crazy! In-continuity, out of continuity, it is a celebration! Just send in your story like normal, and it’ll get assembled into one big Halloween book for publication!

In the spirit of Halloween and Día de Muertos, the time of year when the spirits of the dead walk the earth, the creative teams on your stories can be composed of writers and artists who have passed beyond the veil!

Sound cool?
    Last edited by Exciter; 09-10-2020 at 09:47 AM.

Our friend Lorec has Tim Drake on the Protectors. Alas, he hasn’t turned in solicitations for a while. Reluctantly I will have to cancel his titles and return his characters to the pool unless he responds within the next week.
    Unfortunately, since I’ve not heard from Lorec, I reluctantly have to cancel his titles THE PROTECTORS and VILLAINS UNITED. We miss him and he has an open invitation to return when he becomes available again.

On the bright side, this opens up some BIG characters for availability, including Lex Luther, Catwoman, Deathstroke, Static, and Tim Drake!

Unfortunately, since I’ve not heard from Lorec, I reluctantly have to cancel his titles THE PROTECTORS and VILLAINS UNITED. We miss him and he has an open invitation to return when he becomes available again.

On the bright side, this opens up some BIG characters for availability, including Lex Luther, Catwoman, Deathstroke, Static, and Tim Drake!
    Really hate losing another plotter.