Page 57 of 98 FirstFirst ... 74753545556575859606167 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by kalai View Post
    Thanks! I should work out a more detailed outline for my stuff, sometimes it just feels random,lol.
    There are certainly posters who have done considerable more and better stuff than I have, but I find this process very helpful in getting an idea of what the pros need to do as far as short range, long range, and playing well with other books. It's weird but I often find the parts I put the most effort into become the least important and a throwaway phrase may become the emphasis for a major arc. Believe me on this, you are your own worst critic. And this is meant to be fun for us. It's only our personal drives that make us throw our best into these monthly blurbs. But I love it and we all love your stuff. Although I am more of a lighter contact Superman/Legion setup. your start has really gotten me into it.
    I’ll don the mask and wear the cape
    If I am super, how can I wait?

Thanks! I should work out a more detailed outline for my stuff, sometimes it just feels random,lol.
    I usually have a general idea for an overall "arc" and then let randomness flow. As Capt said, its all about having fun!

Speaking of fun...

Since next month’s books will be posted in October, I think Next Dawn should continue the tradition of holiday specials! I’m happy to announce NEXT DAWN HALLOWEEN SPECIAL #3!

As usual, it will be an anthology one-shot of various stories from our characters with a holiday theme. If you would like to participate (no pressure, no pressure), send in a short solicitation for inclusion in the book - and since it is a holiday, you can go crazy! In-continuity, out of continuity, it is a celebration! Just send in your story like normal, and it’ll get assembled into one big Halloween book for publication!

In the spirit of Halloween and Día de Muertos, the time of year when the spirits of the dead walk the earth, the creative teams on your stories can be composed of writers and artists who have passed beyond the veil! Anyone who is dearly departed is available!

Sound cool?
    Last edited by Exciter; 09-09-2021 at 06:12 AM.
    Age of Marvels and DC Next Dawn - Monthly Fan Made Solicitation Competitions on these very forums, make your pulls now! Want back story? Check the Wiki!

I work best with long term plans... as long as I still like those plans when it comes to follow the outline. It’s nice to be able to run with a spur of the moment idea... but also, you know, there’s nothing more intimidating than the blank page! I’ve had a lot of late issues and skip months, and that’s usually because when it came time to write solicits that month... writer’s block reared it’s ugly head. It’s easier if you already know vaguely what you wanted to happen!

Or you can do something like Gurt and I did over at Next Dawn with Weight of the Waves. Round robin storytelling can really fire up your creativity! You might be shocked at how little in advance we’d planned out for the series. We didn’t even know how long it’d be. Having a partner, or even just a sounding board, can help things flow!

Trying my best to do a Hickman impression on the Legion title recently, lol.
    Anyways, since Hickman revealed his original publication plans for X-men,
    https://aiptcomics.com/2021/08/30/x-...athan-hickman/
    I'm going to pitch something similar, (after I'm done with All Seasons obviously),
    totally stealing Hickman's idea right there.

The publication plans for Superman!
    So the pitch is that after House of S, we will launch Superman#1,
    which will feature Superman and family exploring New Krypton,
    kind of like a tour guide, in the same vein as The World of Krypton books.
    Then we can launch the Superman-line from there.

After Superman#1, we find out that we need some kind of field operative on Earth,
    so now we launch Action Comics#1,
    which will feature Jimmy, Conner and other characters,
    where they deal with stuff on Earth.

And some other time into the Superman book, Jonathan is heading to college,
    so now we can launch Legion of Superheroes#1,
    which is like a club thing for Jon,
    and he will hang out with next gen legion heroes,
    since Jon hanging out with his dad's childhood friend is kind of weird for me.

Really rough sketch right now, but here's the cast any ways.

Superman#1
    Cast: 1,Superman 2, Lois 3, Jor El 4, Lara 5, Kara

Action Comics#1
    Cast: 1, Jimmy 2, Conner 3, Bizarro

Legion of Superheroes#1
    Cast: 1, Jon 2, Garridan Ranzz 3, Dacey Ardeen 4, Pol Krinn Jr

What do you guys think?
    Pretty good. It's good that you can plot out that far.

As for me, I do a little of both. I usually have an idea and flesh it out as I go along.

Sometimes I have solicits done months in advance. I had 3 solicits done for Man of Bronze before I launched and will do 3 more. I have a storyline in AoM for Dark Intelligence that I've completed 6 solicits for so I'm good there for the rest of the year.

There are also times when I just go from solicit to solicit each month because I might change some details as I go along.

I've also created a name for an arc and then build the story from there. I just go with how I feel about it and if I think it's going come out on paper as good as it sounds in my head.

Quote Originally Posted by H-E-D View Post
    Or you can do something like Gurt and I did over at Next Dawn with Weight of the Waves. Round robin storytelling can really fire up your creativity! You might be shocked at how little in advance we’d planned out for the series. We didn’t even know how long it’d be. Having a partner, or even just a sounding board, can help things flow!
    We've gotta do more of those types of stories! It went in directions I never would have anticipated which was fantastic.
    Age of Marvels and DC Next Dawn - Monthly Fan Made Solicitation Competitions on these very forums, make your pulls now! Want back story? Check the Wiki!

Quote Originally Posted by Exciter View Post
    We've gotta do more of those types of stories! It went in directions I never would have anticipated which was fantastic.
    It's a step I haven't taken. I've dealt with other writers, but only on using a character or some basic definition of boundaries. The concept certainly opens up many possibilities.

Just in case missed it. Green Arrow from the Nolanverse was the first confirmed member of the team. Our next member of The Challengers is Conner Kesel who hails from the Timmverse and is the illegitimate child of Superman and Lashina. Superman has no clue about his existence and Conner hopes to keep it that way. In order to keep him from turning into one of Darkseid's soldiers, Lashina send him to Earth to have a better life.

Challengers of the Multiverse. Coming Soon!

Young_Justice_Vol_3_15_Textless.jpg
    "Fresh air is the best therapy."

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by CaptCleghorn View Post
    There are certainly posters who have done considerable more and better stuff than I have, but I find this process very helpful in getting an idea of what the pros need to do as far as short range, long range, and playing well with other books. It's weird but I often find the parts I put the most effort into become the least important and a throwaway phrase may become the emphasis for a major arc. Believe me on this, you are your own worst critic. And this is meant to be fun for us. It's only our personal drives that make us throw our best into these monthly blurbs. But I love it and we all love your stuff. Although I am more of a lighter contact Superman/Legion setup. your start has really gotten me into it.
    Thanks for liking my stuff, and thanks for the advice!

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by H-E-D View Post
    I work best with long term plans... as long as I still like those plans when it comes to follow the outline. It’s nice to be able to run with a spur of the moment idea... but also, you know, there’s nothing more intimidating than the blank page! I’ve had a lot of late issues and skip months, and that’s usually because when it came time to write solicits that month... writer’s block reared it’s ugly head. It’s easier if you already know vaguely what you wanted to happen!

That's really interesting,
    round robin storytelling seems like a really interesting experiment.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Marvell2100 View Post
    Pretty good. It's good that you can plot out that far.

As for me, I do a little of both. I usually have an idea and flesh it out as I go along.

Sometimes I have solicits done months in advance. I had 3 solicits done for Man of Bronze before I launched and will do 3 more. I have a storyline in AoM for Dark Intelligence that I've completed 6 solicits for so I'm good there for the rest of the year.

There are also times when I just go from solicit to solicit each month because I might change some details as I go along.

I've also created a name for an arc and then build the story from there. I just go with how I feel about it and if I think it's going come out on paper as good as it sounds in my head.
    Wow, that's awesome,
    I normally only plot a rough sketch for the coming months and fill in the solicitation afterward,
    but sometimes I have a change of heart and just don't follow through with those plans,
    can be problematic at times, lol.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by atomicskull View Post
    Just in case missed it. Green Arrow from the Nolanverse was the first confirmed member of the team. Our next member of The Challengers is Conner Kesel who hails from the Timmverse and is the illegitimate child of Superman and Lashina. Superman has no clue about his existence and Conner hopes to keep it that way. In order to keep him from turning into one of Darkseid's soldiers, Lashina send him to Earth to have a better life.

Challengers of the Multiverse. Coming Soon!

Young_Justice_Vol_3_15_Textless.jpg
    So that's the kid of Superman TAS when he was controlled by Darkseid?

Quote Originally Posted by Exciter View Post
    Since next month’s books will be posted in October, I think Next Dawn should continue the tradition of holiday specials! I’m happy to announce NEXT DAWN HALLOWEEN SPECIAL #3!
    As usual, it will be an anthology one-shot of various stories from our characters with a holiday theme. If you would like to participate (no pressure, no pressure), send in a short solicitation for inclusion in the book - and since it is a holiday, you can go crazy! In-continuity, out of continuity, it is a celebration! Just send in your story like normal, and it’ll get assembled into one big Halloween book for publication!
    In the spirit of Halloween and Día de Muertos, the time of year when the spirits of the dead walk the earth, the creative teams on your stories can be composed of writers and artists who have passed beyond the veil! Anyone who is dearly departed is available!
    Sound cool?
    Always sounds cool! Let's hope my idea crosses over well.
    Quote Originally Posted by The General, JLA #38
    'Why?' Just to see the disappointment on your corn-fed, gee-whiz face, Superman. And because a great dark voice on the edge of nothing spoke to me and said you all had to die. There is no 'Why?'

October solicits are in for Question, the Hawks, and a story for the Halloween book.

Sales totals for September are up!
    https://community.cbr.com/showthread...=1#post5758803

Gotta remember, people, at least buy your own books! (Or, failing that, mine!)

New solicitations and reward point updates coming soon!

The Question is going on a national tour and Vic Sage discovers that he must start dealing with a wider more mainstream audience. I hope people like the new arc.

Where is Vic going first?