Page 74 of 98 FirstFirst ... 246470717273747576777884 ... LastLast
Results 1,096 to 1,110 of 1464

I'm drafting a slate of villains for my Uncanny G-Men tie-in to Humanity First!

UNCANNY G-MEN: HUMANITY FIRST
    Plotter: H-E-D
    Written by KIERON GILLEN
    Art by JAMAL CAMPBELL
    Premise: Vandal Savage’s campaign draws old and new foes alike out of the shadows for the G-MEN to encounter!

1. Mister Whisper (Manfred Seltsam / Dabney Donovan)
      Church of Eternal Empowerment
    2. Dominic Darrk
    3. Xaxol
    4. Nora Darrk
      Extremists
    5. Bonfire (Ida Vogel)
    6. Gemini (Gemini De Mille)
    7. Dharma (Hareekarat Chawney)
    8. Glob (Daniel Stone II)
      Thanagarian Empire
    9. High Mor (Krandor Vat)
    10. Aviax (Orintho)
    11. Shadowlord (Tros Samoth)
    12. Darkwing (Sh’ri Valkyr)
    13. Empress Hyanthis

(Thanks again, publicly this time, to CaptCleghorn for letting me borrow the Shi'ar-- er, I mean, Thanagar)

Shuddering at the number of points I'd have to spend to bring these fellows onboard full-time – they better hope I'm happy with this test run!

Well, now. I gotta do something. So this is a mini from the Thanagarian point of view, coming out of the events of the Hawkworld graphic novel (on sale next month, makes a great gift). The GL is Rayn Kral as he is the Lantern for Sector 2682. By the way in Next Dawn, Thanagar and Rann are NOT in the same sector because they just aren't that close together. So, what was I saying? Rayn, Shayera, and Katar go to help OA and make sure disaster doesn't happen because of them Earthlings.

I’ll don the mask and wear the cape
    If I am super, how can I wait?

Quote Originally Posted by H-E-D View Post

Written by KIERON GILLEN
    Art by JAMAL CAMPBELL
    Premise: Vandal Savage’s campaign draws old and new foes alike out of the shadows for the G-MEN to encounter!

2. Dominic Darrk
    3. Xaxol
    4. Nora Darrk
      Extremists
    5. Bonfire (Ida Vogel)
      Thanagarian Empire
    10. Aviax (Orintho)
    13. Empress Hyanthis

(Thanks again, publicly this time, to CaptCleghorn for letting me borrow the Shi'ar-- er, I mean, Thanagar)

Shuddering at the number of points I'd have to spend to bring these fellows onboard full-time – they better hope I'm happy with this test run!
    You are making me work, you know. Looks very good and I look forward to reading it.

Written by KIERON GILLEN
    Art by JAMAL CAMPBELL

2. Dominic Darrk
    3. Xaxol
    4. Nora Darrk
      Extremists
    5. Bonfire (Ida Vogel)
      Thanagarian Empire
    10. Aviax (Orintho)
    13. Empress Hyanthis

Hail to the king of deep diving and analogue characters! If you claim one permanently, it's gotta be that Darkwing guy - what a design!

Quote Originally Posted by CaptCleghorn View Post
    Well, now. I gotta do something. So this is a mini from the Thanagarian point of view, coming out of the events of the Hawkworld graphic novel (on sale next month, makes a great gift). The GL is Rayn Kral as he is the Lantern for Sector 2682. By the way in Next Dawn, Thanagar and Rann are NOT in the same sector because they just aren't that close together. So, what was I saying? Rayn, Shayera, and Katar go to help OA and make sure disaster doesn't happen because of them Earthlings.
    This calls for a galactic map!
    Age of Marvels and DC Next Dawn - Monthly Fan Made Solicitation Competitions on these very forums, make your pulls now! Want back story? Check the Wiki!

JLAlien will cash in some points for Kirt Niedrigh aka Absorbency Boy aka Earth-Man!
    Quote Originally Posted by The General, JLA #38
    'Why?' Just to see the disappointment on your corn-fed, gee-whiz face, Superman. And because a great dark voice on the edge of nothing spoke to me and said you all had to die. There is no 'Why?'

Quote Originally Posted by nx01a View Post
    JLAlien will cash in some points for Kirt Niedrigh aka Absorbency Boy aka Earth-Man!
    Absorbency Boy… this is why I love comics. Cash in will be reflected in next points tally!
    Age of Marvels and DC Next Dawn - Monthly Fan Made Solicitation Competitions on these very forums, make your pulls now! Want back story? Check the Wiki!

Since we're drafting characters, THE FLASH is going to grab...

Scandal Savage
    Jog
    Mantis

Quote Originally Posted by Exciter View Post
    Since we're drafting characters, THE FLASH is going to grab...

Scandal Savage
    Jog
    Mantis
    A character named Jog in the Flash book sounds a lot like bringing a knife to a gunfight to me. But what do I know?

A character named Jog in the Flash book sounds a lot like bringing a knife to a gunfight to me. But what do I know?
    His cardiovascular fitness is just crazy, though!

Hey guys, Hurricane Ian is heading my way so I may not have power in the next few days. I'll try to get my solicits in as quick as I can.

Quote Originally Posted by Marvell2100 View Post
    Hey guys, Hurricane Ian is heading my way so I may not have power in the next few days. I'll try to get my solicits in as quick as I can.
    Keep safe, please.

Keep safe, please.
    Indeed!

On a different note, GREEN LANTERN is also going to draft some additional characters… a bunch of aliens!
    Tomar-Re
    Arin Sur
    Arkillo
    Ch’p
    Galius Zed
    Gleen
    Saint Walker
    Last edited by Exciter; 09-30-2022 at 11:56 AM.

Spectacular Member

Quote Originally Posted by Exciter View Post
    As announced, next month is the start of a huge line-wide event! This is our first Next Dawn event since the very fun EARTH-2 and I’m hoping it will be a special one. I’d like to invite all plotters to participate. For next month, we put...

If you’ve been following THE FLASH, GREEN LANTERN, and AQUAMAN, then you know that Vandal Savage has been consolidating power. He’s an immortal caveman and, since the dawn of mankind, his mission in life has been to ensure that humanity survives… but also that it thrives and becomes the dominant species in the universe. This is his endgame and I’ve been building to it from the earliest issues of THE FLASH.

The idea is that Vandal has used his illuminati, the Light, to influence humanity. Not only has this resulted in a global crackdown on non-human aliens, but Vandal has also seemingly convinced the United Nations that the next step in reaching mankind’s glorious destiny… is to conquer Oa, the planetary headquarters of the Green Lantern Corps, and steal its power and technology! If Savage claims Oa, he’ll be able to position humanity as the major force in the universe… at the expense of every other species!

A Justice League may need to reassemble to stop him…

Savage’s forces include:
    The Light, Vandal’s Illuminati that includes many high-ranking global influencers, such as world leaders, politicians, titans of industry, and members of the media, as well as numerous super-villains such as Reverse Flash, Cheetah, Parasite, Ocean Master, Damage, Count Vertigo, the Turtle, Technocrat, Simon Stagg, and Killer Frost. This secret society of global elites helps Vandal’s cause receive favorable media coverage and international support as well as making sure all his plans come together!
    Warworld, a planet-sized weapon of hyper-massive destruction stolen from Mongul.
    The Manhunters, a legion of robotic enforcers created long ago by the Guardians of the Universe.
    The World Organization for the Advancement of Humanity (“WOAH”), a U.N.-Sanctioned agency comprised of traditional forces and a large number of metahuman recruits (most of them aren’t bad, they’ve been convinced that they’re the good guys!)

Your Tie-In Hook: Will your characters fight back against Vandal Savage’s attempt to make humanity the dominant species in the universe… or join him? Oa needs defenders, on Earth governments are cracking down on non-human “threats,” and a Justice League needs to come together!

Rules

The story will be told in a Four-Issue Event Miniseries called HUMANITY FIRST plotted by me. This will be where the primary story unfolds. During that time, all other plotters are invited to tie-in with their own books. This can be accomplished in the following ways:

(1) Directly. Your book’s monthly solicitation can tie-in to the events of Humanity First. The solicitation would look like “BOOK X #18 *Humanity First Tie-In*.” All plotters who do this will get one extra reward point for their book.

(2) Stand Alone Tie-Ins. If you don’t want to interrupt the flow of your normal series, you can do a tie-in mini-series (or one shot) of your own. It would be a separate, and second, solicitation submitted using characters you already control and would look like “HUMANITY FIRST: CHARACTER/TEAM X #1.” Normal miniseries rules will apply, with the book able to independently earn reward points through the normal ways. Those points will go to the normal title when the miniseries ends (or, if it's a one-shot, the next month).

(3) You can do both those things.

Of course, you don’t have to participate at all if you don’t want to. But, c’mon, it’ll be fun!

You probably know how real DC tie-ins work, and I encourage creativity, but remember that the main story will unfold in the HUMANITY FIRST book itself. So don’t resolve any plot points from that book in your tie-in, for example, don’t kill Vandal Savage, but instead focus on what your characters are doing in the midst of this event. Coordination is encouraged!

Other Books

There will also be a companion anthology miniseries called HUMANITY FIRST: OUR FIGHTING FORCES. This is for other short stories you may want to tell about your characters during the event. Anyone who wants to contribute to this is welcome.

I, personally, am going to be spinning out an event miniseries from both THE FLASH and GREEN LANTERN, respectively: HUMANITY FIRST: CENTRAL CITY CITIZEN and HUMANITY FIRST: AGENTS OF W.O.A.H.

Here is an advanced copy of HUMANITY FIRST #1 so you all know how to tie-in:

HUMANITY FIRST #1
    Plot by EXCITER
    Written by ROBERT KIRKMAN
    Art by FRANK CHO
    Suggested Music: Iced Earth - "Motivation of Man"
    “THE LONG, HARD ROAD TO DESTINY”
    An event 50,000 years in the making!
    In the early days of humanity, one caveman found a strange meteorite that made him immortal. Since that time, the metahuman we now know as Vandal Savage and his illuminati, the Light, have manipulated the course of Earth’s history with one goal: to spur mankind’s evolution and ensure that humanity not only survives… but dominates!
    And upon consolidating his power, and cracking down on non-human/alien activity on Earth, he has finally reached his endgame!
    Now is the time for humanity to go forth and claim it’s glorious destiny! No longer will mankind be seen as primitive and inferior! No longer will aliens exert dominion over mankind! Today, humanity takes its rightful place as the true “Guardians of the Universe”! Today, mankind reaches the planet at the center of the Universe and claims the vast power located there for its own! Today… mankind takes over Oa!
    The planetary headquarters of the Green Lantern Corps will be well defended… but Vandal has the support of the United Nations, the vast resources of the World Organization for the Advancement of Humanity (W.O.A.H.) and its legion of metahuman recruits, Atlantis, scores of robotic Manhunters, and the planet-sized super-weapon: Warworld! Moreover, he has a very specific plan…
    As Ganthet orders the Green Lantern Corps to send out an S.O.S., is there anyone willing to answer the call before the balance of power on the universe is forever shifted?
    32 PGs./Rated T+ …$2.99
    Wow. this looks like such a fun event.
    Never have I imagined Vandal Savage and Manhunters taking Warworld to OA.
    Such a cool concept.

Spectacular Member

Written by KIERON GILLEN
    Art by JAMAL CAMPBELL

2. Dominic Darrk
    3. Xaxol
    4. Nora Darrk
      Extremists
    5. Bonfire (Ida Vogel)
      Thanagarian Empire
    10. Aviax (Orintho)
    13. Empress Hyanthis

Damn it, I only know like one of those characters.

Oh, what the hell. Let's buy some characters. You and your blasted peer pressure.

HUMANITY FIRST: FOUR WINGS AND A RING
    Plotter: CaptCleghorn
    Written by N.K. JEMISIN
    Art by LIAM SHARP
    Premise: Sector 2862's Green Lantern, Thanagarian Rayn Kral is summoned to OA to help defend against the Earth invasion. He is aided by Shayera Thal and Katar Hol, the Thanagarian Hawks previous assigned to investigate Earth's law enforcement techniques.

Additional characters requested for the series are:

Captain Comet
    Adam Strange
    Sardath
    Alanna (Sardath's daughter)

Pretty much Rann as well

Hawkgrrl will be paying the points to keep these characters after the event provided they live.

Locations: Rann, OA, deep space
    Last edited by CaptCleghorn; 10-01-2022 at 08:06 PM.