Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Quote Originally Posted by Matt Parker View Post
    Off topic, but can we talk about how cool Count Nefaria is? He's a cool character and severely underutilized.
    I remember him back in that issue of Avengers #34. The arrogance combined with his powers made him formidable. Avengers and Thunderbolts threw everything at him, and he just keeps coming. Thought it was awesome the way Vision phased into him (which was a twist on their previous encounter):

Other than that though, I'm not too familiar with Count Nefaria's other appearances. Wasn't he supposed to be from one of the Maggia's families? He headed the Maggia? Last I saw him, he was fighting Doc Ock in San Francisco.
    "I am a man of peace."

"A man of peace...who fights like ten tigers."

Just thought I'd give a shout-out to the classic "Avengers Under Siege" storyline. Wizard magazine hyped this as one of the best Avengers storylines and it definitely was shocking to me. Indeed, you had the Masters of Evil dogpiling on Hercules:

I'll never forget this scene though:

I remember being struck by that image of Cap, just kneeling in grief. Stuff like that, that wasn't supposed to happen to heroes. They were supposed to be defeated like that, especially someone like Cap. But here he was, the Sentinel of Liberty, showing that he's human just like the rest of us.

Again, one of the reasons that I became an Avengers fan.
    "I am a man of peace."

"A man of peace...who fights like ten tigers."

Quote Originally Posted by Tien Long View Post
    Just thought I'd give a shout-out to the classic "Avengers Under Siege" storyline. Wizard magazine hyped this as one of the best Avengers storylines and it definitely was shocking to me. Indeed, you had the Masters of Evil dogpiling on Hercules:

I'll never forget this scene though:

I remember being struck by that image of Cap, just kneeling in grief. Stuff like that, that wasn't supposed to happen to heroes. They were supposed to be defeated like that, especially someone like Cap. But here he was, the Sentinel of Liberty, showing that he's human just like the rest of us.

Again, one of the reasons that I became an Avengers fan.
    That was another good run. Undersiege and Assault on Olympus don't get as much attention as other stories but they rank pretty high on my list.