Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Quote Originally Posted by Snoop Dogg View Post
    Bald, goatee, and coat is a much more striking visual than Caucasian male with pants and pentagram, head occasionally on fire.
    Honestly I don't think for a mystical character bald with a goatee is striking at all. I think it's actually sort of generic.

Astonishing Member

Bald, goatee, and coat is a much more striking visual than Caucasian male with pants and pentagram, head occasionally on fire.
    I did not care for this makeover at all...but I don't think it will stick around long. And its hardly the first time Daimon has changed his look.

I am more concerned with how Captains America and Marvel were written as apparently not knowing who he is or what he can do. In Carol's case, it doesn't worry me too much--she was off Earth for most of Daimon's time in the public eye as a member of the Defenders, and as noted he looks different here so she might not immediately recognize him. But Steve Rogers certainly knows who Hellstrom is. If nothing else, the Avengers chief boyscout would have studied up on him from the Avengers' files...especially as he is the ex-husband of one of a fellow Avenger. So Steve's "expert in what exactly" line seemed wrong to me.

Quote Originally Posted by Dermie View Post
    I did not care for this makeover at all...but I don't think it will stick around long. And its hardly the first time Daimon has changed his look.

I am more concerned with how Captains America and Marvel were written as apparently not knowing who he is or what he can do. In Carol's case, it doesn't worry me too much--she was off Earth for most of Daimon's time in the public eye as a member of the Defenders, and as noted he looks different here so she might not immediately recognize him. But Steve Rogers certainly knows who Hellstrom is. If nothing else, the Avengers chief boyscout would have studied up on him from the Avengers' files...especially as he is the ex-husband of one of a fellow Avenger. So Steve's "expert in what exactly" line seemed wrong to me.
    Yeah, there is that pesky Avengers database that everyone is supposed to study.

Quote Originally Posted by Dermie View Post

The promotional material for Strike Force already has Daimon clean shaven and with hair, so yeah... it looks like the new look won't stick around for very long at all.

As far as Steve's "expert in what exactly" line... I agree Steve should know who Hellstrom is and what he does. But to play devil's advocate... maybe this was more Steve questioning the direction they were going in. Maybe the "what" was more questioning what they were about to do, because he knew exactly who Hellstrom was and what him being involved meant. This isn't my initial read of what he said mind you... just trying to wrap my head around Steve's statement.

Because yeah, though I can't recall Steve and Hellstrom doing anything together at this point he probably should know who he is.

The King Fears NO ONE! Triniking1234's Avatar

The art is good but I got distracted by EVO. I didn't even make it to the page where Hellstrom showed up. I'll give it another shot.
    "Cable was right!"

I think i’d Like okoye on the avengers.

Quote Originally Posted by protege View Post
    I think i’d Like okoye on the avengers.
    same, honestly
    I don't blind date I make the direct market vibrate

BANNED

Why is Blade walking around with Man-Thing's head on his shoulder?
    Last edited by Shreene; 08-12-2019 at 06:53 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Shreene View Post
    Why is Blade walking with Man-Thing's head on his shoulder?
    He's a stake-spawning baby boy adopted by Blade after the death of the Shadow Colonel.

https://marvel.fandom.com/wiki/Boy-Thing_(Earth-616)
    I don't blind date I make the direct market vibrate

BANNED

He's a stake-spawning baby boy adopted by Blade after the death of the Shadow Colonel.

https://marvel.fandom.com/wiki/Boy-Thing_(Earth-616)
    Interesting...

Quote Originally Posted by Shreene View Post
    Interesting...
    You should really check out the whole vampire arc of the Avengers. Starts in issue #14 (technically its at the end of #12 the annual but issue #13 isn't part of the arc)

Boy-Thing was grown by the Shadow Colonel, from a trimming he stole from Man-Thing. He was chained up and rode around on teh Shadow Colonels shoulder providing a constant supply of wooden stakes for his gattling gun.

Blade faces off against the Shadow Colonel and saves Boy-Thing. They show the Shadow Colonel what's up.

Cool dynamic so far. They've been inseperable for a while now.
    The J-man

Quote Originally Posted by Jabare View Post
    You should really check out the whole vampire arc of the Avengers. Starts in issue #14 (technically its at the end of #12 the annual but issue #13 isn't part of the arc)

Boy-Thing was grown by the Shadow Colonel, from a trimming he stole from Man-Thing. He was chained up and rode around on teh Shadow Colonels shoulder providing a constant supply of wooden stakes for his gattling gun.

Blade faces off against the Shadow Colonel and saves Boy-Thing. They show the Shadow Colonel what's up.

Cool dynamic so far. They've been inseperable for a while now.
    It really is a pretty cool arc. My brother bought me the trade this last weekend and I'm rereading. Any Blade fan should read it.
    "We live in a world of cowards. We live in a world full of small minds who are afraid. We are ruled by those who refuse to risk anything of their own. Who guard their over bloated paucities of power with money. With false reasoning. With measured hesitance. With prideful, recalcitrant inaction. With hateful invective. With weapons. F@#K these selfish fools and their prevailing world order." Tony Stark