Page 48 of 100 FirstFirst ... 384445464748495051525898 ... LastLast
    BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by H-E-D View Post
    Thunderbolts is going to be caching in 12 points for the “Minfinity Gauntlet” reward. Get ready for... more Thunderbolts. I was writing the next issue, and it just... got away from me. And thus was born... well, I'm not sure what it'll be called. It might just be a series of one shots.
    Interesting, looks like we are getting a new Dark Angel Saga.

Thunderbolts is going to be caching in 12 points for the “Minfinity Gauntlet” reward. Get ready for... more Thunderbolts. I was writing the next issue, and it just... got away from me. And thus was born... well, I'm not sure what it'll be called. It might just be a series of one shots.
    I am completely ready for "MORE THUNDERBOLTS." I'll take the points now and await the creativity to flow.

Quote Originally Posted by CaptCleghorn View Post
    If you have an IP story, pretty much that is out of their continuity. Also if you want this next issue of AF to tell that story, it's all yours.
    I'll slot you both in for the next two months! FFJamie94 first then CC, always available to change if you'd like.

Quote Originally Posted by kalai View Post
    Yeah, that's cool,
    thanks a lot for all the work!
    Done!
    Age of Marvels and DC Next Dawn - Monthly Fan Made Solicitation Competitions on these very forums, make your pulls now! Want back story? Check the Wiki!

Also, since next month’s books will be posted in October, I think we should continue the tradition of holiday specials! I’m happy to announce AOM HALLOWEEN SPECIAL #3!

It will be an anthology one-shot of various stories from our characters with a holiday theme. If you would like to participate (no pressure, no pressure), send in a short solicitation for inclusion in the book - and since it is a holiday, you can go crazy! In-continuity, out of continuity, it is a celebration! Just send in your story like normal, and it’ll get assembled into one big Halloween book for publication!

In the spirit of Halloween and Día de Muertos, the time of year when the spirits of the dead walk the earth, the creative teams on your stories can be composed of writers and artists who have passed beyond the veil! Anyone writers and artists who are dearly departed are available!

Sound cool?
    Age of Marvels and DC Next Dawn - Monthly Fan Made Solicitation Competitions on these very forums, make your pulls now! Want back story? Check the Wiki!

Mighty Member

If you have an IP story, pretty much that is out of their continuity. Also if you want this next issue of AF to tell that story, it's all yours.
    Cheers, i'll PM you in a few days

Quote Originally Posted by Exciter View Post
    A title’s plotter can cash in its points at any time for any of the following rewards:

*4 points - “Swapper Supreme” - swap a character, dropping a Marvel character you drafted in exchange for picking up a new one from the unused character pool.
    *6 points - “Hope You Survive the Experience” - get an additional roster spot, allowing you to select one additional Marvel character beyond the 13 character limit to be permanently added to your title.
    *12 points - “Minfinity Gauntlet” - plot an additional 4-issue Miniseries using available characters.
    *12 points - “Worlds Collide” - temporarily draft a non-Marvel/DC character for a maximum of 4 issues.
    *18 points - “I am Amalgam Man” - plot an additional 4 issue miniseries crossover between your AoM book or other available Marvel characters and Next Dawn or another universe.
    *20 points - “All New, All Different” - permanently add a complete third title with up to 13 available characters.
    *20 points - “To me, my Plotters!” - create a highly-promoted “line-wide event” book where plotters of other books have the option of tying in. Limit one per month.
    What is the cost for a 12 issue limited series? I would be starting it from scratch using Marvel characters I do not have claim to and are free. My guess is 16, based on an average of the 4 issue 12 points and the 20 point "permanent" (as if any of these really are, I mean) series.
    I’ll don the mask and wear the cape
    If I am super, how can I wait?

What is the cost for a 12 issue limited series? I would be starting it from scratch using Marvel characters I do not have claim to and are free. My guess is 16, based on an average of the 4 issue 12 points and the 20 point "permanent" (as if any of these really are, I mean) series.
    This is a question we've never faced!

I suppose 12 issues would be like the Minfinity Gauntlet x3. That'd be way more points than just using the 20 points for a permanent title, which you could then end after 12 issues and roll those points over into anything of your choice.

Over at Next Dawn I've been treating Red X, which i've done as 12 issues, as an ongoing.

BANNED

I suppose 12 issues would be like the Minfinity Gauntlet x3. That'd be way more points than just using the 20 points for a permanent title, which you could then end after 12 issues and roll those points over into anything of your choice.
    So are Events technically a four-issue mini series?

BANNED

Over at Next Dawn I've been treating Red X, which i've done as 12 issues, as an ongoing.
    I really like the seasonal take on comic books.

Also, since next month’s books will be posted in October, I think we should continue the tradition of holiday specials! I’m happy to announce AOM HALLOWEEN SPECIAL #3!
    It will be an anthology one-shot of various stories from our characters with a holiday theme. If you would like to participate (no pressure, no pressure), send in a short solicitation for inclusion in the book - and since it is a holiday, you can go crazy! In-continuity, out of continuity, it is a celebration! Just send in your story like normal, and it’ll get assembled into one big Halloween book for publication!
    In the spirit of Halloween and Día de Muertos, the time of year when the spirits of the dead walk the earth, the creative teams on your stories can be composed of writers and artists who have passed beyond the veil! Anyone writers and artists who are dearly departed are available!
    Sound cool?
    Always sounds cool! Let's hope my idea crosses over well.
    Quote Originally Posted by The General, JLA #38
    'Why?' Just to see the disappointment on your corn-fed, gee-whiz face, Superman. And because a great dark voice on the edge of nothing spoke to me and said you all had to die. There is no 'Why?'

Sound cool?
    My timing must be impeccable! Dark Intelligence kicks off a supernatural storyline next month that will culminate in the return of some familiar faces and a new team in AoM that will be quite scary!

Boo!

OK, then, 20 points and cancel at 12. Sounds like a plan. I am working on a full cast even as I write this.

The Halloween excitement is… spooktacular!

Quote Originally Posted by kalai View Post
    So are Events technically a four-issue mini series?
    Essentially, with the caveat that everybody (including the plotter) can also do tie-ins and event specials with all their other titles and can get more points that way.

OK, then, 20 points and cancel at 12. Sounds like a plan. I am working on a full cast even as I write this.
    The anticipation is building….

Also, unfortunately since we haven’t heard from KC in many months, I’m going to cancel LIONHEARTS and return these characters to the available pool:
    Union Jack, Spider-Woman (Jessica Drew), Agent Phil Coulson, Blade, Toad, Jemma Simmons, Leo Fitz, Hawkeye (Clint Barton), Tombstone, Boomerang, Taskmaster, Rhino
    Last edited by Exciter; 09-12-2021 at 07:43 PM.

Essentially, with the caveat that everybody (including the plotter) can also do tie-ins and event specials with all their other titles and can get more points that way.

Also, unfortunately since we haven’t heard from KC in many months, I’m going to cancel LIONHEARTS and return these characters to the available pool:
    Union Jack, Spider-Woman (Jessica Drew), Agent Phil Coulson, Blade, Toad, Jemma Simmons, Leo Fitz, Hawkeye (Clint Barton), Tombstone, Boomerang, Taskmaster, Rhino
    I think Phil Coulson and Taskmaster would fit into my new series very nicely. I should like to put dibs on the two of them.

Peter Parker is probably planning to pulverize me, but I will be using six of his points to obtain the services of the character called Rhino.

Mighty Member

Ohhh, I may have an idea for Hawkeye at some point in the near future...