Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast
    Astonishing Member useridgoeshere's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Citizen Kane View Post
    Scarlet Witch gets nerfed to hell, but a character nobody ever heard of until 5 years ago gets a buff. I can give you a couple reasons as to why, but it seems this board gets really defensive when things like that are pointed out. In short, she shouldn't be able to beat Thanos even at his normal power; it's just not accurate, and it made Thanos seem like less of a threat.
    "Accurate"? That's hilarious.

Quote Originally Posted by useridgoeshere View Post
    "Accurate"? That's hilarious.
    Okay?

Due to some confusion that could be caused by my poor wording, I edited my post. Now it accurately conveys my thoughts.

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by useridgoeshere View Post
    Some fans apparently confuse power levels with character. Thor actually had a real character arc starting in Ragnarok and I think it made him a lot more interesting than "most powerful Avenger".
    "Strongest Avenger" Fixed it for you

Mighty Member

Scarlet Witch gets nerfed to hell, but a character nobody ever heard of until 5 years ago gets a buff.
    Umm, this character has been around for nearly 50 years in the comics. Also at one point she and Scarlet Witch were fairly close friends during their first tenure together on the Avengers.

Yes. If only to continue provoking insecure fans like this.

Scarlet Witch gets nerfed to hell, but a character nobody ever heard of until 5 years ago gets a buff. I can give you a few reasons as to why, but it seems this board gets really defensive when things like that are pointed out. In regards to Endgame, as far as the comics have been concerned, she shouldn't be able to beat Thanos even at his normal power; it's just not accurate, and it made Thanos seem like less of a threat.
    In what world is 1968 five years ago?

Lol at the people here mentioning Wanda. People read House of M and think they know everything about the character. She doesn't do **** like that all the time, in fact had never done so before that story, that has been retconned as her having a big power boost.

Astonishing Member Blind Wedjat's Avatar

Honestly what do some of you people even want?

You all complained to hell and back that the MCU billing Carol as their most powerful hero would spell doom for Endgame because you all thought that the Russos and Markus & McFeely were really dumb enough to have her swoop in and easily kill Thanos. When that didn't happen, and when Carol is barely even in the film herself and is never shown to be capable of beating Thanos on her own (first time she has help from Banner in the Hulkbuster and Rhodey, second he sends her flying away with the Power stone), you still find something to complain about.

And really all of this has to do with Thor and Hulk not getting what you think was their licks in with Thanos. That's too bad, and that has no bearing on what Carol is capable of or should be capable of. If you're so mad about Thor being weak in Endgame and too much of a goofball for you, take your grievances up Waititi and the Russos who chose to have Thor be that way, not another fictional character who has no say in the matter.

Carol Danvers can be as powerful as the MCU wants her to be. Last I checked, Captain America and Bucky are both a whole lot stronger than they are in the comics. Nobody complains about that.

Quote Originally Posted by Blind Wedjat View Post

You all complained to hell and back that the MCU billing Carol as their most powerful hero would spell doom for Endgame because you all thought that the Russos and Markus & McFeely were really dumb enough to have her swoop in and easily kill Thanos. When that didn't happen, and when Carol is barely even in the film herself and is never shown to be capable of beating Thanos on her own (first time she has help from Banner in the Hulkbuster and Rhodey, second he sends her flying away with the Power stone), you still find something to complain about.

And really all of this has to do with Thor and Hulk not getting what you think was their licks in with Thanos. That's too bad, and that has no bearing on what Carol is capable of or should be capable of. If you're so mad about Thor being weak in Endgame and too much of a goofball for you, take your grievances up Waititi and the Russos who chose to have Thor be that way, not another fictional character who has no say in the matter.

Carol Danvers can be as powerful as the MCU wants her to be. Last I checked, Captain America and Bucky are both a whole lot stronger than they are in the comics. Nobody complains about that.
    I think Steve stunned and hurt Thanos more than anybody(prior to Tony dusting him and all).

Oh yeah and Wanda. I almost forgot about her. She was about to take Thanos apart.
    Last edited by Marvell2100; 08-30-2019 at 02:28 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by davew128 View Post
    Umm, this character has been around for nearly 50 years in the comics. Also at one point she and Scarlet Witch were fairly close friends during their first tenure together on the Avengers.
    Carol Danvers has hardly been around for 50 years, not to mention Mar-Vell was killed off due to lack of popularity. I'd also argue that the Captain Marvel name had been more widely associated with Shazam, further obscuring the public's exposure to the Marvel version. Even if we're assuming the average person knew who Danvers was, most people would associate her with the Miss Marvel moniker. As Captain Marvel, she didn't really come to the forefront of Marvel until Secret Wars, and even then she wasn't very well received. All-in-all, I think we can agree that the Marvel Captain Marvel was a niche character pre-Secret Wars.

I digress, but I don't see how any of this relates to my original point. I am quite annoyed at how much Marvel likes to buff and nerf random characters, regardless of the source material. Captain Marvel has never been shown to be able to handle Thanos on her own.
    Last edited by Citizen Kane; 08-30-2019 at 03:59 PM.

BANNED

The MCU is different than the comics. And that is a good thing. Because if they just rehashed the comics it would be boring as hell. Been there done that.

With her Binary Powers she could have beaten him. And give her enough energy she can get back to that level. She is not so different than the MCU version in that regard

And regarding her powerlevel in the MCU remember that she absorbs energy there too. During her final fight with Thanos she had the Hand on the Gauntlet and was absorbing energy from it. They should have made that clearer during her movie and Endgame.

And yes she has been around for 50 years. first showing up in March 1968.

The most important thing is I like her and want to see more of her in Comics and the MCU
    Last edited by lowfyr; 08-30-2019 at 04:41 PM.

Extraordinary Member

At best she should only be on par with Thor and Iron Man.

Quote Originally Posted by Blind Wedjat View Post
    Because they don't want to admit it's not actually about comic accuracy or whatever smokescreen they're trying to use this week.

Carol Danvers has hardly been around for 50 years, not to mention Mar-Vell was killed off due to lack of popularity. I'd also argue that the Captain Marvel name had been more widely associated with Shazam, further obscuring the public's exposure to the Marvel version. Even if we're assuming the average person knew who Danvers was, most people would associate her with the Miss Marvel moniker. As Captain Marvel, she didn't really come to the forefront of Marvel until Secret Wars, and even then she wasn't very well received. All-in-all, I think we can agree that the Marvel Captain Marvel was a niche character pre-Secret Wars.

I digress, but I don't see how any of this relates to my original point. I am quite annoyed at how much Marvel likes to buff and nerf random characters, regardless of the source material. Captain Marvel has never been shown to be able to handle Thanos on her own.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Ichijinijisanji View Post
    The mocking and downplaying of thor is separate from carol being strong.
    Thor's stuff really started with ragnarok, and it was the most popular version of the character.

In endgame thor was supposed to become fit for the final fight, yet hemsworth insisted he go lebowski to the end simply because he loved it.
    Except MCU Thor got a power-up with Ragnorak, and despite being kinda jokish, that version of Thor is not a sorry unworthy jobber.