Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

There'll be more announcements to come. This is only the second of four days, isn't it? Gotta spread the news out. I mean, we haven't found out about the mutants or the teens yet either.
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    Ewing's Guardians roster seems to be Star-Lord, Rocket, Nova, Moondragon, Phyla, and Groot (?).
    Noh Varr, actually.
    Bringing back the old, killing the young: that's the Marvel way

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    Ewing's Guardians roster seems to be Star-Lord, Rocket, Nova, Moondragon, Phyla, and Groot (?).
    I don't see Groot. I do see Marvel Boy.

IRON MAN 2020 #1
    Writer: DAN SLOTT & CHRISTOS GAGE
    Artist: PETE WOODS
    IT’S A NEW IRON MAN FOR A NEW YEAR!
    The future is now! Artificial Intelligences present a clear and present danger to humanity and must be brought to heel!
    The Robot Rebellion battles for the establishment of robot rights!
    And Arno Stark IS Iron Man!

THOR #1
    Writer: DONNY CATES
    Artist: NIC KLEIN
    A BRAND-NEW, SUPERSTAR CREATIVE TEAM TAKES THE KING OF ASGARD TO NEW REALMS OF GLORY!
    The prince is now a king. All Asgard lies before Thor, the God of Thunder. And after many months of war, the Ten Realms are finally at peace. But the skies above the Realm Eternal are never clear for long. The Black Winter is coming. And the God of the Storm will be powerless before it.

GUARDIANS OF THE GALAXY #1
    Writer: AL EWING
    Artist: JUANN CABAL
    IN 2020 -- SPACE IS THE PLACE!
    Once, they were a team of misfits. Now they're a family, and they've earned their peace. But the universe is not a peaceful place -- and it's only getting worse. The Great Empires are in turmoil. The rule of law is dead. And amidst the chaos, the Gods of Olympus have returned -- harbingers of a new age of war, reborn to burn their mark on the stars themselves. Someone has to guard the galaxy - but who will accept the mission? And will they survive it? Al Ewing (IMMORTAL HULK) and Juann Cabal (FRIENDLY NEIGHBORHOOD SPIDER-MAN) bring you in on the ground floor of a whole Marvel Universe of action and suspense!
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Ascended Ewing is gonna do what pre-Gamma Ewing couldn't. Save the damn Inhumans.

If anyone can restore the Guardians as a grand cosmic opera, it's Ewing.

Anyone get a Cowboy Bebop vibe from the art?

Quote Originally Posted by Hybrid View Post
    Anyone get a Cowboy Bebop vibe from the art?
    It reminds me of Ewing's Rocket mini.

Astonishing Member Drops Of Venus's Avatar

Ewing on a cosmic book is always a win, IMO. Hopefully he'll have more time to explore the story than he did with Ultimates. And he really does seem to have his favorite set of characters, huh? Not that I'm complaining; I'm glad we're seeing Noh-Varr again so soon. I'm glad Phyla and Heather are still a part of the team, although I just wish they would get rid of these AU versions and bring the original ones back already.

Anyway, Bleeding Cool was wrong about Rosenberg/Howard being involved in the GOTG relaunch, so there it goes my theory that Hulkling was going to join the team. And if it's not related to GOTG, I do wonder what the ''One Will Unite Them'' thing will be for. Hopefully BC wasn't wrong about the Young Avengers book.
    Last edited by Drops Of Venus; 10-04-2019 at 03:44 PM.

Astonishing Member Shinglepants's Avatar

Really disappointed that Cates GotG is ending. He’s really elevated that book and I was hoping he’d have at least another year in him.

However, I’m pretty delighted with the GotG and Thor announcements. Cates has got some big shoes to fill but the man can do no wrong in my eyes. Ewing is one of Marvels best so I’m optimistic about GotG too. Glad Moondragon and phyla are sticking around and we’re not reverting back to the MCU 5.

Astonishing Member Drops Of Venus's Avatar

According to The Marvel Report, there are more characters joining the GOTG other than the ones on the cover.

BANNED

Ewing on Guardians?
    I'll try to be optimistic but frankly, Ewing's writing is boring to me, the book of his I've been able to find myself engaged with is Immortal Hulk, and Guardians feels like the exact where he gets to do the same stuff that I found utterly uninteresting and boring.

Quote Originally Posted by Drops Of Venus View Post
    Ewing on a cosmic book is always a win, IMO. Hopefully he'll have more time to explore the story than he did with Ultimates. And he really does seem to have his favorite set of characters, huh? Not that I'm complaining; I'm glad we're seeing Noh-Varr again so soon. I'm glad Phyla and Heather are still a part of the team, although I just wish they would get rid of these AU versions and bring the original ones back already.
    Maybe the silver lining is this is the original versions. Unless Marvel just wants us to forget that aspect .

Anyway, Bleeding Cool was wrong about Rosenberg/Howard being involved in the GOTG relaunch, so there it goes my theory that Hulkling was going to join the team. And if it's not related to GOTG, I do wonder what the ''One Will Unite Them'' thing will be for. Hopefully BC wasn't wrong about the Young Avengers book.
    Ewing did write Hulkling in New Avengers, so I wouldn't rule out Guardians being where that story happens. However, it seems the first arc will resolve the Olympian stuff from the end of No Road Home - so bang goes my theory that a third Waid/Zub/Ewing maxi would be about that.

Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    Ewing did write Hulkling in New Avengers, so I wouldn't rule out Guardians being where that story happens. However, it seems the first arc will resolve the Olympian stuff from the end of No Road Home - so bang goes my theory that a third Waid/Zub/Ewing maxi would be about that.
    Well, I was hoping to see where they would go with the Olympian arc, so I guess I have to put this on my pull list.

According to The Marvel Report, there are more characters joining the GOTG other than the ones on the cover.
    Hopefully at least one or two more women so it's not just Phlya and Moondragon.