Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Default What would you want from a new X-Men animated series on Disney+?

The recent news that X-Men: TAS, X-Men Evolution, and Wolverine and the X-Men are on Disney+ only reaffirmed why I’m glad they’re back in Marvel’s hands. It also made me want a brand new animated series, as I think we’re due for a new one after all these years.

I think the perfect platform is right there: Disney+. They can just focus on making a good series, without a middleman. So, if they make an X-Men animated series for the service, what would you want?

For me, I’d hope Jeph Loeb is kept the hell away from it. He makes the kind of shows only a five-year-old would appreciate and openly admits he thinks cartoons are dumb. That’s not who should be making an X-Men animated series.

I would like a show that adapts and distills various aspects of the mythos from different stories and eras, while adding its own flair and having clever writing with an extensive cast. I think Young Justice is the perfect show that represents what a modern X-Men animated series could be. Hell, just get Greg Weisman while they’re at it. I’d have it clear other superheroes exist like Spider-Man, the Fantastic Four and the Avengers, but practice moderation in regards to how they’re used.

I’d also like Marvel Studios to produce, rather than Marvel TV. Them branching out to animation with What If gives me hope. Basically, what they’ve done so far with Marvel animation? Don’t do that.

What do you think?
    Last edited by Hybrid; 09-29-2019 at 03:10 AM.