Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Silver Fang View Post
    Birdy & Jean would give Creed "The Glow" which would soothe his savage urges and painful memories. After Birdy was killed, Creed went looking to employ services of another telepath. But it was a quick drug-fix.

The best thing was the inversion, which got forced off of him in Weapon X. So inverting him is an option, and when he was written by Bunn he admitted he wanted to stay that way. Again use the force and bring back Angel from Angelus. lol And don't use the latter unless ya got legit ideas there. Not need for a weekly scapegoat.
    I see you beat me to it about Birdy.

Can we remember that Birdy did not have a choice in the matter of giving the "glow" to Creed. Lets not non-chantly say they are going to ressurect her to be a slave to Creed.

Quote Originally Posted by Marvell2100 View Post
    Yeah, I remember that. In his mini from a while back he had a mutant to give him those psychic "fixes", I think her name was Birdie. He wound up killing her.

So this leads to another interesting point, they more than likely knew that Creed was irredeemable. Did they offer one more chance to see if he could change?

I guess it leads back to the OPs' question.
    I think in a way they did. In most courts sabretooth would have been thrown into prison for contempt due to his conduct in court. He literally threatened them. The first words out of his mouth was a threat. Then as they sat there talking about the rules he immediately connected that he was going to be made some scape goat and threatened them further basically saying if you punish me i'm going to kill you all. He even called them meat. Can you really reason with a person that sees you as nothing more than meat. Dude hung himself. Granted it is kind of hard to judge because the writer wrote it but i couldn't say it was out of character if i wanted to. But now we will never know if things would have gone differently if he could have just shut up and listened. Perhaps more people would feel the injustice of it.
    Don't let anyone else hold the candle that lights the way to your future because only you can sustain the flame.
    Number of People on my ignore list: 0
    #conceptualthinking ^_^
    #ByeMarvEN

Into the breach.
    https://www.instagram.com/jartist27/

Extraordinary Member Silver Fang's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by ExodusCloak View Post
    Can we remember that Birdy did not have a choice in the matter of giving the "glow" to Creed. Lets not non-chantly say they are going to ressurect her to be a slave to Creed.
    I just mentioned Birdy to answer the question on how some have tried to mentally calm him. She won't be a slave. She'll be resurrected and embarrass Creed like everyone else has.

Anyone Creed has harmed or beaten in the 80's + 90's has kicked his ass since then. If it's a mutant, dealing with Creed is not a problem.
    Last edited by Silver Fang; 10-06-2019 at 05:37 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by spirit2011 View Post
    They already have the wetworks on X-force.

My bet is that another character will also be condened, but this time is one that readers like.
    Is this X-Force in the public face and are they a kill team? How would the general population of Krakoa feel about a team of gov't sponsored mutants sanctioned to kill other mutants?

Man, this is sure to be an issue sometime soon in the future.

Quote Originally Posted by ExodusCloak View Post
    I Just mentioned Birdy to answer the question on how some have tried to mentally calm him. She won't be a slave. She'll be resurrected and embarrass Creed like everyone else has, then go on to star in Fallen Angels. lol Anyone Creed has harmed or beaten in the 80's + 90's has kicked his ass since then.
    Yeah, I don't think anyone brought up Birdy as the solution to Creed's homicidal tendencies.

Is this X-Force in the public face and are they a kill team? How would the general population of Krakoa feel about a team of gov't sponsored mutants sanctioned to kill other mutants?

Man, this is sure to be an issue sometime soon in the future.
    Well Magneto says if it's in defense, killing is allowed. So that gives a pass to anyone in future issues killing if they feel threatened.

The Marauders will sail the seas looking for dangerous humans to kill. And X-Force will do the same on land I suppose. Killing dangerous humans in addition to locating dangerous mutants and bringing them to Krakoa.

I just mentioned Birdy to answer the question on how some have tried to mentally calm him. She won't be a slave. She'll be resurrected and embarrass Creed like everyone else has.

Anyone Creed has harmed or beaten in the 80's + 90's has kicked his ass since then. If it's a mutant, dealing with Creed is not a problem.
    Not true, Psylocke was a ninja and still got her butt handed to her by sabretooth. What's fauna going to do?
    Don't let anyone else hold the candle that lights the way to your future because only you can sustain the flame.
    #conceptualthinking ^_^
    #ByeMarvEN

Into the breach.

Well Magneto says if it's in defense, killing is allowed. So that gives a pass to anyone in future issues killing if they feel threatened.
    Like, for a random example that totally isn't connected to real world events...

An X-Man wandering into a home that isn't theirs, finding a human, and shooting the human while claiming self-defense?

When you loosely set the rules for what constitutes "self-defense", except it to be abused by people looking for an excuse.

Quote Originally Posted by jwatson View Post
    Not true, Psylocke was a ninja and still got her butt handed to her by sabretooth. What's fauna going to do?
    From what I recall, Psylocke hasn't fought Creed since the gutting and I think she's powered up since then. So wouldn't be much of a fight. lol It only takes two hits to KO Creed -and that's on a good day. Not sure who you mean by Fauna? If you mean Krakoa, it just manhandled Creed this last issue. lol

They have telepaths and soul readers, judging motives should be less ambiguous.

If artie combined with lady mastermind combined with martha combined with Adrienne Frost combined with Selene recreate the events to form the judicial group
    Last edited by ExodusCloak; 10-06-2019 at 05:47 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by jwatson View Post
    I think in a way they did. In most courts sabretooth would have been thrown into prison for contempt due to his conduct in court. He literally threatened them. The first words out of his mouth was a threat. Then as they sat there talking about the rules he immediately connected that he was going to be made some scape goat and threatened them further basically saying if you punish me i'm going to kill you all. He even called them meat. Can you really reason with a person that sees you as nothing more than meat. Dude hung himself. Granted it is kind of hard to judge because the writer wrote it but i couldn't say it was out of character if i wanted to. But now we will never know if things would have gone differently if he could have just shut up and listened. Perhaps more people would feel the injustice of it.
    That's a big deal. Creed didn't do anything to help himself with the Council and honestly, I don't see him not being defiant in any situation.

I do see the points being brought up about his inconsistent portrayals( like they've done with many characters). Creed isn't dumb. He's ruthless and sadistic but his also very cunning which implies that he can be strategic.

I don't know if I want to say that Creed was being set up(to fail) but I do believe that he was being tested. The test ended up costing people's lives.

From what I recall, Psylocke hasn't fought Creed since the gutting and I think she's powered up since then. So wouldn't be much of a fight. lol It only takes two hits to KO Creed -and that's on a good day. Not sure who you mean by Fauna? If you mean Krakoa, it just manhandled Creed this last issue. lol
    I actually found the point where Psylocke crossed the line with Creed. He gutted her for what she did to him in Mys-Tech wars
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by ExodusCloak; 10-06-2019 at 05:53 PM.

I meant the mutant that can make plants grow. I thought her code name was fauna. lol. See it's those no name mutants Creed will carve up like turkey. Beak. We just got Skin back. Eyeboy. There are a lot of mutants creed could easily take.
    #conceptualthinking ^_^
    #ByeMarvEN

Into the breach.

That's a big deal. Creed didn't do anything to help himself with the Council and honestly, I don't see him not being defiant in any situation.

I do see the points being brought up about his inconsistent portrayals( like they've done with many characters). Creed isn't dumb. He's ruthless and sadistic but his also very cunning which implies that he can be strategic.

I don't know if I want to say that Creed was being set up(to fail) but I do believe that he was being tested. The test ended up costing people's lives.
    Which that brings up another question. For me the biggest part isn't why send Sabretooth if you thought he wouldn't be able to control himself but rather is Xavier at such a point that he would be willing to let humans die just to test Sabretooth. Magneto for sure, but Xavier, even if he was hoping for the best that is extreme for Xavier imo. Did Xavier think well better to test him by seeing if he kills humans rather than test him by letting him kill mutants we can bring back. Maybe that's why Jean brought up human lives.
    #conceptualthinking ^_^
    #ByeMarvEN

Into the breach.