Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Arrow AVA — Aliens Vs. Avengers, by Hickman and Ribic

https://ew.com/aliens-vs-avengers-ma...review-8635180

Nuff said?

"I've never worked on a licensed or 'non-superhero' property the entire time I've been at Marvel, so when all of this came together almost two years ago, I kind of jumped at the opportunity," Hickman tells EW. "I love the Aliens universe and the mythology, and obviously just how atmospherically and well-designed everything is has always gotten my creative juices flowing. It was tricky finding a way to make these two things work together, but I think Esad and I landed on something that works for fans of both franchises."

"Probably one of the coolest things about the project is how we've found really fun ways to 'Avengerize' Aliens and 'alien-up' Avengers," Hickman says. "I think fans will be surprised at how elegantly some of those things fit together. It really turned out to be a chocolate-and-peanut-butter situation."

The brief plot synopsis for the crossover says, "It's all led to this: Xenomorphs reach Earth! The perfect organism meets a planet of superhumans. Who will be first to fall?"
    Last edited by H-E-D; 04-18-2024 at 08:54 AM.

Let's hope the avengers fare better than the image heroes did.

Astonishing Member

That's... Not what I expected from Hickman.
    Looking forward to it.

That's not really the kind of comic that I want from Hickman...
    If he has fun writing it, good for him I guess.

^^^Thats not really the kind of comic I want at all. Pass.

Cool. Wolverine vs Predator and Justice League vs Godzilla sold very well. It makes sense for Marvel to play with what they can.

Astonishing Member

Are there going to be data pages?

Astonishing Member

Kino. Love it.

Avengers vs Predator would be better.

SOLD, SOLD and SOLD!
    "We live in a world of cowards. We live in a world full of small minds who are afraid. We are ruled by those who refuse to risk anything of their own. Who guard their over bloated paucities of power with money. With false reasoning. With measured hesitance. With prideful, recalcitrant inaction. With hateful invective. With weapons. F@#K these selfish fools and their prevailing world order." Tony Stark

Astonishing Member

Too bad no video game.

Could be fun.

If we don't have an alien fight the brood in a flashback scene they have failed!

https://www.marvel.com/articles/comi...man-esad-ribic

The four-part epic is set in a new timeline many years in the future and features older, grittier versions of Marvel characters. It also will be the first-time readers will see certain parts of Alien lore in the Marvel Universe—like the home of the Engineers. In this unmissable series, Xenomorphs reach Earth, and the perfect organism meets a planet of superhumans. But who will be first to fall?

"Probably one of the coolest things about the project is how we've found really fun ways to 'Avengerize' Aliens and 'alien-up' Avengers," Hickman shared with Entertainment Weekly. "I think fans will be surprised at how elegantly some of those things fit together. It really turned out to be a chocolate-and-peanut-butter situation."
    "Hickman and Ribić are storytelling masters, and they bring a cinematic quality to this that seamlessly merges the high action and soap opera that Marvel fans expect with the deep terror and cosmic awe that the Alien universe so inspires," Marvel editor Sarah Brunstad said. "Watching them cut loose across the entire lexicon of these two great franchises is jaw-dropping. ANYTHING COULD HAPPEN IN THIS BOOK—get ready."

The X-Men to the Avengers: "first time?"

(Actually not a first for Carol. She will go all Binary one them at the first sight.)
    Bringing back the old, killing the young: that's the Marvel way