DC's adherence to its status quo is a serious limitation for Vic (and his entire generation for that matter). Of course they keep rolling Vic back to 1980; they keep doing the same thing to everyone else too. Unfortunately, in Vic's case it really, really, really dates him because technology has improved so much. I don't even think the "man v machine" theme is all that fitting anymore. I mean, yeah Vic's origin is tragic, but in an age where everyone is on their phone 24/7 and technology plays such a important part of our lives, I don't know if Vic's angst really works beyond his origin and a relatively brief adjustment period. I'm not saying there's no trauma for him to process and deal with, because of course there is. But he's the next stage of human evolution. We're into wearable technology now, how long before we start to internalize it? Vic's not a freak, he's just ahead of the curve, and endless angst over that just feels dishonest to me.

I feel like Vic's journey should start with all the angst and depression we got with Wolfman, but after he's been active for a few years he should be moving into a happier, more well-adjusted phase and have more in common with his TTGO! adaptation. He shouldn't be a joke like that cartoon is, but for f**k's sake let the guy smile once in a while!