Page 2 of 12 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    before he changed back to his classic look.
    I hate everything.

R.I.P. >>>
    I don't blind date I make the direct market vibrate

Quote Originally Posted by vitaminbee View Post
    I can’t think of any that were great that didn’t stick... but here’s one that I’m happy didnt.
    Does Elektra deserve another take on her costume? Yes. Was this the one? Absolutely not.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ultimate Captain America View Post
    As you know, comic books usually give characters a new look, and eventually they go back to the original one. Because other people did not like them, or just by author preference. But that doesn't mean that those temporary changes were not awesome. Which ones did you like best?

One of the favorites is 1990s Sersi. This costume suits her better than the green bathsuit!

Quote Originally Posted by Hybrid View Post

The Kris Anka "modern" resdesign for Spider-Woman in 2014. It has its fans, but as a whole it looks too generic, and it only lasted five years before Jessica reverted back to the classic design anyways. I think Spider-Woman, as a character intended for sex appeal, doesn't quite fit when that's taken away from her, and I vastly prefer the skintight suit.
    It seems these ladies have similar tastes.

Astonishing Member

As you know, comic books usually give characters a new look, and eventually they go back to the original one. Because other people did not like them, or just by author preference. But that doesn't mean that those temporary changes were not awesome. Which ones did you like best?

One of the favorites is 1990s Sersi. This costume suits her better than the green bathsuit!

Loved this look

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Gaastra View Post
    Wasp.

[IMG][/IMG]

Thor

[IMG][/IMG]

Dr strange.

[IMG][/IMG]
    I liked this look for strange well enough, I thought Thor looked far too busy and all over the place here

This Sam Alexander Nova design. Champions continued using his original one, and this one wasn't used at all after Nova Vol 7 until next week's Annihilation Scourge: Nova, and it's only used there because it's a flashback to Nova Vol 7.
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Way back in X-Force v1 #75, the team went to a "Burning Man" and ran into an old friend with a new look.

Karma went back to her original appearance when she came back years later, and it sucked. After a shaved head and a pink dyejob, a smart bob and headband is just plain sad.
    Last edited by CRaymond; 11-28-2019 at 05:32 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by CRaymond View Post

Way back in X-Force v1 #75, the team went to a "Burning Man" and ran into an old friend with a new look.

Karma went back to her original appearance when she came back years later, and it sucked. After a shaved head and a pink dyejob, a smart bob and headband is just plain sad.
    ...That's Karma ?

Quote Originally Posted by CRaymond View Post

Of course Dani would be frightened - she has a lot more hair to lose!
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Latverian ambassador Iron Maiden's Avatar

What? No pouches or bandolier? I hated a lot of the nineties stuff. The Fantastic Four were even given jackets and pouches, like they were going on safari.

What? No pouches or bandolier?

7066CCD6-120D-48E4-81BA-99AE0347C7DE.jpg

After Alan Davis provided Nightcrawler with an update to the classic Cockrum, they went backward, then forward with a dashing redesign that incorporated a chlamys and a foil.

No one seemed to like it, but I think there was some drama in the cloak.

Quote Originally Posted by vitaminbee View Post
    I can’t think of any that were great that didn’t stick... but here’s one that I’m happy didnt.
    Does Elektra deserve another take on her costume? Yes. Was this the one? Absolutely not.
    I think this was just shy of being a good redesign. It makes no sense for her to cover her face after not doing so for her entire career, and the sleeve is too billowy.

But I like the idea of her look not being swimming suit-adjacent, I loved the ponytail, and I loved her little tech sleeve/grappling hook thing. I also wonder if this look would have been better received if the run it debuted in has been better. Self-reflecting a bit, a bad run can ruin a lot for me, and for awhile. It's also a look that's dependent on the artist, I think. Sienkiewicz's concept here isn't bad, and Lopez made it look pretty good in Defenders.

Elektra's had more memorable redesigns.

23D5D0D2-F07C-4372-B8C0-5CD2E786B192.jpg

And who could forget the time Colossus had a decent haircut? It was during IvX, and ALL those looks were good... and then immediately tossed in the bin.

Quote Originally Posted by kilderkin View Post
    I liked this look for strange well enough, I thought Thor looked far too busy and all over the place here
    That look for Strange was awesome.

Firestar’s new costume

DDCD3FA4-7ACF-450C-9CBC-FA7C63B05C88.jpg