Page 110 of 120 FirstFirst ... 1060100106107108109110111112113114 ... LastLast
Results 1,636 to 1,650 of 1797

Thread: Empyre (2020)

https://aiptcomics.com/2020/09/10/em...-ewing-schiti/
    New interview, probably of biggest interest are those.
    Cyril asked, “This event has definitely involved some members of the Young Avengers, which has led to some fans saying that now would be the perfect time for a third Young Avengers volume. If you can answer, do you think we’ll be seeing more of the team in the future?”

Ewing: I think it’s pretty definite at this point that we will.

But we insist, and persistence is key, Christopher asks again, “Please and thank you in advance: Post Empyre, are there narrative plans for Teddy & Billy in any book(s)?”

Ewing: Again — yes. I just found out about one, actually. I have my own plans bubbling in Guardians, but it sounds like they won’t be limited to there.

(...)

AIPT: For the final cliffhanger page, can you talk a little bit about what (and who) we’re seeing?

Ewing: Well, we’re seeing some of that looming drama I promised for Hulkling. Coming to his rescue – that’s Abigail Brand, Manifold from the Avengers, and some shadowy figures. What are they up to? I couldn’t possibly comment, but the December solicits will provide further clues.

AIPT: There are clear signs of preparation going on for future stories, like the big reveal of Abigail Brand at the end of Empyre Aftermath. When you set up something for the future, is there a moratorium on the use of that character in other books? How do you seed a story early to be used months or even years later?

Ewing: I’m going to get into the process a little here. This is what I like to call a “lego brick”, though I’m sure other writers have their own names for the same technique – it’s undoubtedly as old as the hills. It’s a little snapshot of a future story, and while that snapshot is definitely going to happen, I’ve given myself a lot of freedom in terms of when and how. So right now, it’s connected to a particular plan for the future, but if things change or I get a better idea, I can use the same brick to build that, which gives me a lot of flexibility. I like to make plans that can easily change to fit new circumstances – setting end goals rather than plotting every step along the path.

When it comes to Abigail Brand, though – this scene functions as a promise that Hulkling isn’t going to fade into the woodwork, but it also functions as a first glimpse of something involving Brand that’s already well into development. I wouldn’t have the scene end so definitively – with the new costumes and everything! – if I wasn’t going to pay that part of it off very soon indeed.

Looks like the Brand team are his thing and Hulkling/Wiccan are in someone's plans from what he says

Quote Originally Posted by HipHopAvenger View Post
    She’s a mutant Kree
    Half Kree mutant half human to be exact. It would be nice to see her reunited with Carol, considering the revelations about her origins recently (Carol thought she was human, but turned out to also be half-Kree) - no wonder Carol saw a kinship in Tsu-Zana and wanted her to be her legacy, she actually wanted to give her the original Ms. Marvel costume, but Norman Osborn took it from her because he wanted Moonstone to wear it.
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Formerly Assassin Spider Huntsman Spider's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    Half Kree mutant half human to be exact. It would be nice to see her reunited with Carol, considering the revelations about her origins recently (Carol thought she was human, but turned out to also be half-Kree) - no wonder Carol saw a kinship in Tsu-Zana and wanted her to be her legacy, she actually wanted to give her the original Ms. Marvel costume, but Norman Osborn took it from her because he wanted Moonstone to wear it.
    Indeed. I'd love to see Tsu-Zana/Suzy Sherman/Ultra-Girl come back, too.

That said, Brand raised a pretty good point about the likes of the Avengers (and Fantastic Four) acting like an elite class that felt no need to take into consideration the concerns and input of others, which was the same kind of mentality and behavior that led to the last decade of near-constant clashes between heroes. I really hope they take that into account in the future and do better by their allies.
    The spider is always on the hunt.

Quote Originally Posted by Huntsman Spider View Post

That said, Brand raised a pretty good point about the likes of the Avengers (and Fantastic Four) acting like an elite class that felt no need to take into consideration the concerns and input of others, which was the same kind of mentality and behavior that led to the last decade of near-constant clashes between heroes. I really hope they take that into account in the future and do better by their allies.
    That's just about every team in Marvel. It's just easy to call out the Avengers because they're the popular target.

Quote Originally Posted by Marvell2100 View Post
    That's just about every team in Marvel. It's just easy to call out the Avengers because they're the popular target.
    Fair enough, but as the Avengers are "Earth's Mightiest Heroes" and the premier superhero team in-universe, they're the ones who have to set the standard and abide by it. That's why they get more heat, for better or worse.

Fair enough, but as the Avengers are "Earth's Mightiest Heroes" and the premier superhero team in-universe, they're the ones who have to set the standard and abide by it. That's why they get more heat, for better or worse.
    Very true. But as we've seen on numerous occasions, every suer team has faced some world ending threat and hasn't sent out so much as a Tweet about the problem.

However, that seems to be more of a thing of the past 20 years, as teams have worked together back in olden times to take on threats. Gotta keep that hero vs hero tension available for the next event.

Astonishing Member

Balance is needed you call everyone then that leaves other threats a chance to strike. I guess inform those that deal with specific threats, so Alpha Flight is cosmic so yes.

I'd say we will find out what happens to Teddy in the King in Black tie in Web of Venom Empyres End, and I'd say that Abigail Brand is helping Teddy.
    Last edited by PhoenixThanos; 09-10-2020 at 05:04 PM.
    I am a Marvel fan preferably cosmic storylines, especially Thanos or Dark Phoenix related, when both the Avengers and the X-Men are involved count me in, loved the original Uncanny Avengers series.
    Not a fan of any of the new characters.
    (Marvel/DC fan for 44+ years)

After reading Empyre #6, I’ve got to say I’m impressed how Al Ewing brought in all the ending of the books, Avengers, X-men, and Fantastic Four into his conclusion. Very awesome. The other thing you can realise is the Thor mini-series is very important from what Thor says and does at the end.

I just wonder what it does for the Earth heroes, to have this near miss almost end the world? Reed talks about a New Space Age, and where humans fit into that, but we had something similar not too long ago after Infinity, and look how that turned out for us.

Without giving anything away about the ending, I do think one loose end is still left hanging. Some of the Reed and Tony foils seem too cute, to just happen at the last moment. But, if there is an indication to the Skrull and Kree to not come at Earth ever again, then this was it. I have never seen such a clear-cut win by Reed and Tony like this before. (I wonder if Reed and Tony can solve the Black Hole Problem in the Doctor Doom mini)? I liked this conclusion. There were big challenges, and it was planet-wide, so it took the whole forces of the Illuminati to settle this, (although where was Namor)?

Namor was busy with the Agents of Atlas, as seen in Atlantis Attacks.
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Quote Originally Posted by jackolover View Post
    After reading Empyre #6, I’ve got to say I’m impressed how Al Ewing brought in all the ending of the books, Avengers, X-men, and Fantastic Four into his conclusion. Very awesome. The other thing you can realise is the Thor mini-series is very important from what Thor says and does at the end.

I just wonder what it does for the Earth heroes, to have this near miss almost end the world? Reed talks about a New Space Age, and where humans fit into that, but we had something similar not too long ago after Infinity, and look how that turned out for us.

Without giving anything away about the ending, I do think one loose end is still left hanging. Some of the Reed and Tony foils seem too cute, to just happen at the last moment. But, if there is an indication to the Skrull and Kree to not come at Earth ever again, then this was it. I have never seen such a clear-cut win by Reed and Tony like this before. (I wonder if Reed and Tony can solve the Black Hole Problem in the Doctor Doom mini)? I liked this conclusion. There were big challenges, and it was planet-wide, so it took the whole forces of the Illuminati to settle this, (although where was Namor)?
    I told you not to count Tony and Reed when it was time to come through in the end. People are always knocking them, but they aren't who they are by luck.
    Last edited by Tony Stark; 09-11-2020 at 06:11 AM.
    "We live in a world of cowards. We live in a world full of small minds who are afraid. We are ruled by those who refuse to risk anything of their own. Who guard their over bloated paucities of power with money. With false reasoning. With measured hesitance. With prideful, recalcitrant inaction. With hateful invective. With weapons. F@#K these selfish fools and their prevailing world order." Tony Stark

I think in this case the complaint is valid because Carol works with Brand. They are a team, and Carol should keep them informed.

Had that not been the case, then I'm not entirely sure Brands criticism would have the same degree of merit. I'm sort of doubtful when Brand was in charge of SWORD she necessarily went out of her way to inform the FF or Avengers of what she was doing. In fact I think for most of their history, the FF and Avengers didn't even know SWORD existed. I think Steve only found out SWORD existed when he became Top Cop and found out they worked for him.

Brand I'm pretty sure INTENTIONALLY kept a lot of her activities a secret, so she's not exactly the best person in the world to make the arguement about transperancy. Though again, she can make it specifically with Carol since Carol since they work together.

Quote Originally Posted by XPac View Post
    I think in this case the complaint is valid because Carol works with Brand. They are a team, and Carol should keep them informed.

Had that not been the case, then I'm not entirely sure Brands criticism would have the same degree of merit. I'm sort of doubtful when Brand was in charge of SWORD she necessarily went out of her way to inform the FF or Avengers of what she was doing. In fact I think for most of their history, the FF and Avengers didn't even know SWORD existed. I think Steve only found out SWORD existed when he became Top Cop and found out they worked for him.

Brand I'm pretty sure INTENTIONALLY kept a lot of her activities a secret, so she's not exactly the best person in the world to make the arguement about transperancy. Though again, she can make it specifically with Carol since Carol since they work together.
    Yeah, I can see your point there. Still, it was this mindset and behavior of keeping things close to the vest --- even things that could have massive ramifications for the world, galaxy, or even universe at large --- and refusing to consult with a wider array of voices outside their own vantage point amongst the Avengers that led to a lot of the catastrophes they had to deal with in the past decade. The Civil Wars, World War Hulk, Secret Invasion, Norman Osborn's Dark Reign, even the interdimensional Incursions leading into Jonathan Hickman's Secret Wars . . . I'd rather not see things go that bad again in the Marvel Universe because the likes of the Avengers fell back into bad habits.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by XPac View Post

This is true, but someone raised a good point that carol did suggest brining in alpha flight, but the important part wasn't informing brand, it was letting brand mobilize alpha flight. As in Carol had to get the rest of the avengers to listen, and I feel from tony's inner dialogue the chances of that were low, combined with the fact that they won't actually have time to mobilize. And further combined with prior data, showing the cotati to historically be peaceful.