Page 480 of 613 FirstFirst ... 380430470476477478479480481482483484490530580 ... LastLast
Results 7,186 to 7,200 of 9190

Quote Originally Posted by Marvell2100 View Post
    What is it that you are expecting him to do? I mean Conan prays to his god Crom but Crom don't give a **** about you.
    I don't know, i read a lot of modern thor, all of JAson Aaron run and have read many stories throughout my comic reading history and he has just never felt like a god. I mean hercules does, and has done godly things like holding up the world etc and most of the other gods actually sort of come off like that but Thor has just never seemed like anything more than bruiser with a magical hammer. I mean i know he is more but i can't really think of a story where he did anything that just felt godly. But that's just me. The conversation just got me thinking about it. He's basically a god because the books say he is, which is cool and a fact but hopefully one day he will get a story that actually shows it. As of now he's just really odin's best replacement but it's not like he is the ONLY one that can do it. Jane was Thor and did it better so it just makes ya wonder, what makes him a god other than just literal words.
    Don't let anyone else hold the candle that lights the way to your future because only you can sustain the flame.
    Number of People on my ignore list: 0
    #conceptualthinking ^_^
    #ByeMarvEN

Into the breach.
    https://www.instagram.com/jartist27/

Everything Fades Away... butterflykyss's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by jwatson View Post
    I don't know, i read a lot of modern thor, all of JAson Aaron run and have read many stories throughout my comic reading history and he has just never felt like a god. I mean hercules does, and has done godly things like holding up the world etc and most of the other gods actually sort of come off like that but Thor has just never seemed like anything more than bruiser with a magical hammer. I mean i know he is more but i can't really think of a story where he did anything that just felt godly. But that's just me. The conversation just got me thinking about it. He's basically a god because the books say he is, which is cool and a fact but hopefully one day he will get a story that actually shows it. As of now he's just really odin's best replacement but it's not like he is the ONLY one that can do it. Jane was Thor and did it better so it just makes ya wonder, what makes him a god other than just literal words.
    with as many super-powered beings running around marvel honestly I would find it hard distinguishing between a super-powered person and a god. that said, there are generally characteristics that gods possess that the regular superhero wouldn't.
    ALL HAIL THE HADARI YAO, THE OMEGA'S OMEGA, BEYOND OMEGA, THE VOICE OF SOL!!!! NOW AGAIN THE ONE TRUE AND ONLY GODDESS OF THE X-MEN AS CLAREMONT INTENDED!!!!!

Did you read Simonson's Thor? If you want to get a good feel for Thor's godhood read his run. Best run of any comic series.

Quote Originally Posted by butterflykyss View Post
    let me just say you was right and im done. we will be in talks soon!
    It's all good BK.

Did you read Simonson's Thor? If you want to get a good feel for Thor's godhood read his run. Best run of any comic series.
    I'll check it out because i was actually being serious. Like i can think of moments with Hercules and Aires and that may be because i'm closer to that lore in knowledge but i don't really get the whole asgardian thing or see thor as a god. I mean i know he is but i don't read him as one and sometimes i can take things very literal and i think his character is one of those cases. Even Jane imo was written as a god, i felt what she was willing to give and the art made those moments feel so grand.
    Don't let anyone else hold the candle that lights the way to your future because only you can sustain the flame.
    #conceptualthinking ^_^
    #ByeMarvEN

Into the breach.

It's all good BK.
    but u don't know what I'm talking about lol
    ALL HAIL THE HADARI YAO, THE OMEGA'S OMEGA, BEYOND OMEGA, THE VOICE OF SOL!!!! NOW AGAIN THE ONE TRUE AND ONLY GODDESS OF THE X-MEN AS CLAREMONT INTENDED!!!!!

with as many super-powered beings running around marvel honestly I would find it hard distinguishing between a super-powered person and a god. that said, there are generally characteristics that gods possess that the regular superhero wouldn't.
    I guess i'm more talking about that feeling you get when your reading a story than facts if that makes sense. Logically i get it though.
    #conceptualthinking ^_^
    #ByeMarvEN

Into the breach.

I'll check it out because i was actually being serious. Like i can think of moments with Hercules and Aires and that may be because i'm closer to that lore in knowledge but i don't really get the whole asgardian thing or see thor as a god. I mean i know he is but i don't read him as one and sometimes i can take things very literal and i think his character is one of those cases. Even Jane imo was written as a god, i felt what she was willing to give and the art made those moments feel so grand.
    Trust me, read Simonson's Thor. It's a good run - Vol. 1 #337 -#382. I guarantee, if you read this, you will have a greater appreciation for Thor.

but u don't know what I'm talking about lol
    Hmmm...okay, you gonna have to help me.

Hmmm...okay, you gonna have to help me.
    just remember these words in like a few more days it will all make sense trust me.

Quote Originally Posted by Devaishwarya View Post
    This current topic underscores why Storm as Goddess (as written by Coates) can be less than ideal and even be problematic in the long-run for her character.

Storm in her most powerful moments...manipulating a galactic core, housing Eternity, defeating the Trion...clearly wasn't relying on prayer to achieve those feats.
    Her status as an Omega basically supersedes any need for prayers and worship in order to tap into the full extent of her true powers.
    When compared to her true mutant potential her divinity is less than interesting.
    THANK YOU!! This is why I wasn't that excited for the way Coates wrote her godhood. I don't want it related to people's faith in her.

Astonishing Member

I would love for more writers to write more interaction between Storm / Xavier / Magneto. I'm low key convinced that Xavier likes to choose Cyclops as his second-in-command so much because he realizes that storm would be more difficult to handle lol
    Something I said in another thread and wanted to get y'alls thoughts on. That and I just want to some more interactions between Storm and Magneto because Gillen wrote some good dialogue between the two.

Quote Originally Posted by loke13 View Post
    Something I said in another thread and wanted to get y'alls thoughts on. That and I just want to some more interactions between Storm and Magneto because Gillen wrote some good dialogue between the two.
    I didn't really care for gillen's storm. she was way too preachy but that said I wouldn't mind more interactions between them though I've checked out of the xmen. wake me when the nightmare is over.

to the convo regarding her Trion, eternity feat and galactic core feat as impressive as those feats are none of those things would help her against a foe such as adversary.he can't be affected by natural based attacks so coates definitely gave her a new source of power to utilize.

I am honestly stunned at how foolish comic readers can be, believing that God can exist without Prayers... OH MY GOD! In every single lore... pick any, Universal, Multiversal, Earth Realm, or any of the other nine realms, there is LITERALLY no depiction IN ANY of those worlds, where God exists without being believed in, one way or another which equals pray which equals Godhood... like seriously? Do you really believe that Thor doesn't need prayers? Grow up people, stop praising your favourite heroes blindly and start thinking logically and with your head!

Thor doesn't need prayers to use his Asgardian Physiciality or his Hammer. Still, literally, there is NO ONE in all multiversal, universal or nine realms including Earth, where people don't pray or believe in Thor... that why is he is a GOD.

For real, take even our lores, there is literally no god out there who doesn't need prayers to exist... like seriously... I am really pissed off at people who keep praying their favourite characters blindly making them being more powerful than what they really are. Thor needs prays to be a God; he doesn't need praises to use his Asgardiant Biology or Magic. There is a HUGE difference between those two!

Now those who want to believe that Thor doesn't need praises are free to believe so. Just like the same meaningless debate when Storm was depicted as potential Omega but not an Omega mutant even though her feats were clearly showing that she is an Omega Level mutant. This is exactly the same, you blindly wait for the writers to tell you straight in the eyes that all Gods need Prayers, but all you have to do is look back in his feats, in the way his story is constructed and everything in between.

Simple as that! Thor needs prays to access his Godhood powers. Storm needs prayers to access her Godhood powers. Even Gaia needs them. Tell me, is there any human in the Marvel Universe who doesn't praise the planet? I highly doubt it... this is pray, this is to believe, this is Godhood, and all of that goes to Gaia. Same goes for Oshtur, is there any sorcerer or sorceress which doesn't believe in Magic? Well, they believe, so they believe in Oshtur is simple as that. Even when they cast spells they call to Oshtur that is a pray as well. Even freaking games tell you so!

Take Skyforge. It literally explains how Godhood works... take Roman or Greek mythology, it tells you all. Take Asgardian mythology it tells you the same. You cannot be a God without believers, prays or anything like that. Yes, you have the title, but for any Godlike achievement you need power, you need prayers... that how it is...
    Last edited by The92Ghost; 10-06-2020 at 05:49 AM.

Incredible Member GuiltyPleasure's Avatar

just remember these words in like a few more days it will all make sense trust me.
    Hmm, you got me curious. Do you have some early tea on what to expect from Marauders #13 or another upcoming X-Men issue?