Quote Originally Posted by Ferro View Post
I can't imagine reading this and think hickman doesnt like ororo, like honestly im sorry but I can accept criticism to the structure of the series and the book itself, but let's not create a bias that isn't there.

Ororo hasn;t had a positive showing like this in the x-books in YEARS, even if it's a low bar I consider this issue a prime example of storm at her very best , ever since the ressurection ceremony I felt that his storm was very good, grasping at all aspects of her character, showing her as comptent, powerfull and charismatic.

And now in the meta context of his current run, she just defeated one of the most insidious and dangerous manifestations of the mutant nemesis aka technology, she pretty much spit on the concept of inevitable defeat at the hands of machines, even if in a more self contained way.

"we always lose" well not ororo and not the people she choses besides her.
I think he likes Storm, I just don’t think he loves her in the way he clearly does Magneto or Apocalypse. Which is perfectly fine, plenty of characters that I like but wouldn’t put anywhere near my top fives. He seems to have a good enough capture on her voice but overall I don’t think it’s this substantive or compelling investment in her personality/role (other than her embracing her godhead in a single sentence).

Which is fine. What’s more important than writers having favorites is that they’re professional. Hickman may not love Storm but he has no issue working with people who do like Vita and Dauterman. He’s not threatened by the role she could play in Dawn of X and seems to be working with them to elevate and showcase the character. He’s giving her the space to be prominently used under them which is more than can be said for most X-writers, so I count Hickman as someone in Storm’s corner.