Page 507 of 613 FirstFirst ... 7407457497503504505506507508509510511517557607 ... LastLast
Results 7,591 to 7,605 of 9190
    Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Marvell2100 View Post
    Nooooo!!!!!!

Let this be the last interaction, she can keep the sword! We won't ask for it back, we promise! We don't need the sword! Zuri was just using it to cut salami for making sandwiches!

Wakanda don't need to steal her back, she can stay with the fam in the X-books.
    This. People acting like this is some permanent separation must've read a different book. This was clearly set up and whether they end up together again or not the X-office is going to milk T'Challa and the BP mythos for Storm-related content both for her big upcoming story and whatever they do in the future.

They don't know what to do with her otherwise and I'd be disappointed if it weren't so ironic. And really how many Wakandans are gonna miss Storm anyway lol. They had a whole pantheon before she got elevated to godhood through their prayer, they'll want the sword back, not her. But this isn't the end of that storyline unfortunately so we'll see where they go.

Quote Originally Posted by jwatson View Post
    I think a lot of it doesn't work, I'm on the side that loved it but i can see all the plot holes. Vita wrote the Shuri series. Vita wrote it. Storm showed up and helped Shuri and put herself on the lline to help shuri. Vita has mentioned corresponding with Coates in the past so i'm sure Vita has more insight into his goals/plans than most. So it makes no sense to me, i agree, it made zero sense t that Shuri didn't just believe Storm and throughout the whole book i can't lie, in the back of my mind i was like "Well if storm is their goddess and she just saved them why would the people who have enough faith in her that it empowered her have a problem with her borrowing a artifact for a few days, how would they even know." But because i was on the other side and already done after Nakia can borrow my man i was able to just let it go. But i agree and can easily see how this violated a lot of Coates good intent and i think i understand it more because it was Vita and Vita knew exactly what was going on in the BP line because Vita was there. But it was still a good book for me. But i get it.
    I believe Vita wrote two nonconnected issues for Shuri. Storm wasn't in those issues. Miles was the guest star.

Everything Fades Away... butterflykyss's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by chief12d View Post
    This. People acting like this is some permanent separation must've read a different book. This was clearly set up and whether they end up together again or not the X-office is going to milk T'Challa and the BP mythos for Storm-related content both for her big upcoming story and whatever they do in the future.

They don't know what to do with her otherwise and I'd be disappointed if it weren't so ironic. And really how many Wakandans are gonna miss Storm anyway lol. They had a whole pantheon before she got elevated to godhood through their prayer, they'll want the sword back, not her. But this isn't the end of that storyline unfortunately so we'll see where they go.
    yea they will have interaction again based upon how it ended. it definitely will be dramatic however it resolves.
    ALL HAIL THE HADARI YAO, THE OMEGA'S OMEGA, BEYOND OMEGA, THE VOICE OF SOL!!!! NOW AGAIN THE ONE TRUE AND ONLY GODDESS OF THE X-MEN AS CLAREMONT INTENDED!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Cville View Post
    I believe Vita wrote two nonconnected issues for Shuri. Storm wasn't in those issues. Miles was the guest star.
    that is correct. it was issue 6 and 7.
    ALL HAIL THE HADARI YAO, THE OMEGA'S OMEGA, BEYOND OMEGA, THE VOICE OF SOL!!!! NOW AGAIN THE ONE TRUE AND ONLY GODDESS OF THE X-MEN AS CLAREMONT INTENDED!!!!!

T'Challa never asked her to make a choice. He wanted her to not steal the blade and put him in a politically compromising position that would get his people killed and endanger the only family he really has. But considering he just let her go anyway I doubt it was as big a deal as Storm and others made it out to be. The guy's used to revolts lol.

But this all operates under the assumption he had to physically be there to hash out this issue. If he took a regular flight back from wherever he was (with the Avengers, in space, etc.) why didn't he immediately get in touch with Storm en route and just give him her blessing? His mother AND Storm presumably told him everything so why did he only recognize what his mother said unless he simply ignored Storm, which doesn't make sense. The Wakandans wanted to perform the right protocol and if there was better communication between the 3 parties this whole thing could've been avoided.
    Bro, the story just falls apart. It's a made up sword that no one ever heard about that was so important to Wakanda that BP just gave it away.

Storm asked for a sword that she intended to steal anyway. Why bring it up, just steal the sword.

And the kicker, some people love throwing out that same tired isht, "when has Wakanda/any non-mutant ever helped the X-Men"? Well, Shuri and Ramonda offered Wakanda's help and were told their help wasn't needed.

But I digress, the process wasn't pretty but the sausage got made.

That makes me feel better about it. I don't know why I felt vita wrote the whole series. Lol. The storm voice is very similar.
    Don't let anyone else hold the candle that lights the way to your future because only you can sustain the flame.
    Number of People on my ignore list: 0
    #conceptualthinking ^_^
    #ByeMarvEN

Into the breach.
    https://www.instagram.com/jartist27/

Quote Originally Posted by butterflykyss View Post
    vita shared a picture of a picture of storm stuff (comics and toys I think) right before it was announced she was writing children of the atom. storm fans assumed she was going to announce she was working on a solo lol. silly rabbits. what i would imagine storm big plans are is to lead this team of new knock off mutants. from a goddess to a mother hen. yalll girls enjoy:
    I Identify as male. I know we all getting a little confused in these times and even I be editing cause I have a hard time keeping it together at this point. But some of us just dudes. Lol
    Don't let anyone else hold the candle that lights the way to your future because only you can sustain the flame.
    #conceptualthinking ^_^
    #ByeMarvEN

Into the breach.

Incredible Member

If im honest i would have just summed it up simple. Storm is an omega mutant because she is the first mutant god born. That is why magic and her own natural mutant abilities are so tied together but even beyond that we have seen nature itself react to protect Storm and keep her alive and fighting. The only limit ever put on storm was her strength of will and the strength of her body, her will was always indomitable so because she is a god her body is as well and as such is capable of evolving as her powers to. BOOM. Lets go. lol Now Storm can do whatever she wants with weather wherever she wants as such and we all know it's her warping the primal elements that make them up like a true goddes. I think her mutant ability is to manipulate the weather her divine right is to control the very elements that make up the fabric of reality and has focused that into her mutant ability. All they have to do is a god walk and have the girl branch out if they serious.
    I think her magic potential is supposed to at least do spells like her ancestors

I Identify as male. I know we all getting a little confused in these times and even I be editing cause I have a hard time keeping it together at this point. But some of us just dudes. Lol
    oh come on would a female/non binary person had issue with me saying you "dudes" enjoy? lolol ok fine let me rephrase lol:

what i would imagine storm big plans are is to lead this team of new knock off mutants. from a goddess to a mother hen. yalll people enjoy:

that should do it

T'Challa never asked her to make a choice. He wanted her to not steal the blade and put him in a politically compromising position that would get his people killed and endanger the only family he really has. But considering he just let her go anyway I doubt it was as big a deal as Storm and others made it out to be. The guy's used to revolts lol.

But this all operates under the assumption he had to physically be there to hash out this issue. If he took a regular flight back from wherever he was (with the Avengers, in space, etc.) why didn't he immediately get in touch with Storm en route and just give him her blessing? His mother AND Storm presumably told him everything so why did he only recognize what his mother said unless he simply ignored Storm, which doesn't make sense. The Wakandans wanted to perform the right protocol and if there was better communication between the 3 parties this whole thing could've been avoided.
    He did basically ask her to wait and talk with him that is why she said she doesn't need to wait. I felt that frustration. In Coates on work ororo answered the call and said she would never forsake tchalla or people in need and here she was reaching out to him for help " her words" and nada. But he can answer his mother. What if when they came running to her to help wakanda the many times she has she told them to wait, would they have waited on her for the fate of wakanda and the world. I don't think so. So at the end of the day I can see the side where storm saw her "place" in the royal family and this country that kneeled to her to save wakanda didn't have faith in her they had faith that she could save wakanda. So at the end of the day it wasn't all bad plot hole. There was some issues many of us were saying for years and years about what storm has to accept to be a part of bp life and no amount of goddess upgrade is worth it if it ultimately means nothing other than being a helping hand.

Ugh typing on my phone while buzzed
    Last edited by jwatson; 10-08-2020 at 06:05 PM.
    #conceptualthinking ^_^
    #ByeMarvEN

Into the breach.

oh come on would a female/non binary person had issue with me saying you "dudes" enjoy? lolol ok fine let me rephrase lol:

what i would imagine storm big plans are is to lead this team of new knock off mutants. from a goddess to a mother hen. yalll people enjoy:

that should do it

Exactly that's how you know despite my snappy shade I'm one of those primal boring basic dude dudes that get offended easily when my appendages are called into question.
    #conceptualthinking ^_^
    #ByeMarvEN

Into the breach.

He did basically ask her to wait and talk with him that is why she said she doesn't need to wait. I felt that frustration. In Coates on work ororo answered the call and said she would never forsake tchalla or people in need and here she was reaching out to him for help " her words" and nada. But he can answer his mother. What if when they came running to her to help wakanda the many times she has she told them to wait, would they have waited on her for the fate of wakanda and the world. I don't think so. So at the end of the day I can see the side where storm saw her "place" in the royal family and this country that kneeled to her to save wakanda didn't have faith in her they had faith that she could save wakanda. So at the end of the day it wasn't all bad plot hole. There was some issues many of us were saying for years and years about what storm has to accept to be a part of bp life and no amount of goddess upgrade is worth it if it ultimately means nothing other than being a helping hand.

Ugh typing on my phone while buzzed
    let's not forget characters dont write themselves. this is precisely why bp fans want him away from storm and i certainly can't blame them.

Incredible Member GuiltyPleasure's Avatar

Right, Nnedi Okorafor wrote all of the Shuri mini except for #6 and #7, which Vita did pen and neither included Storm.

Exactly that's how you know despite my snappy shade I'm one of those primal boring basic dude dudes that get offended easily when my appendages are called into question.
    I would NEVER want to call such a magnificent thing into question. :*

I would NEVER want to call such a magnificent thing into question. :*
    And as long as storm is the fiercest hen that ever protected I will enjoy. I'm pretty simple. But again I see your point and the bp fans and nobody is wrong here. Even the people who got what we wanted admit it could have been done better. Hell tchalla could have picked up face the sword and we got a date issue or a deeper ororo issue but this is what we got and I'm okay with it and loved it but I understand those who don't. I just learned into the one part that spoke to me, the utter frustration. But again and you may remember my post because at one point I was standing with you but Coates lost me at the nakia can be your side piece thing. Are you really surprised a woman that would tell another woman she could warm her man's bed because he was simple minded and had needs would wait on said man. Shed be a damn fool imo.
    #conceptualthinking ^_^
    #ByeMarvEN

Into the breach.