Page 560 of 613 FirstFirst ... 60460510550556557558559560561562563564570610 ... LastLast
Results 8,386 to 8,400 of 9190

Quote Originally Posted by HeraldOfStorm View Post
    tbh i'm a little disappointed with Death, i thought that he being an millenial warrior could have given Storm a worthy fight, but he was defeated so easily and if Storm had her powers this fight would be faster than Betsy vs Isca lol.
    besides, i also expected more from their relationship.
    Don't worry, at some point Storm will see Death again.

Quote Originally Posted by chief12d View Post
    You're not wrong. People were all "YAAS QUEEN" a few weeks ago when a contrived story was told to separate Storm from the BP books and complaining now that the FF books are doing the same with Franklin. I agree with both separations (though they were terrible in execution) and people have to accept that's the nature of a shared universe.

The primary writer of a character may not always want to share with the greater MU and we've seen both sides of that. I expect more of this kind of stuff in the future depending on how "aggressive" the X-office is going to be with emphasizing mutantdom across Marvel. Not every writer is gonna wanna loan out their characters to the narrative Hickman is telling and fans have to deal with it.
    The X-office isn't done with the greater MU by a longshot. We've got a war looming on the horizon.

Everything Fades Away... butterflykyss's Avatar

You're not wrong. People were all "YAAS QUEEN" a few weeks ago when a contrived story was told to separate Storm from the BP books and complaining now that the FF books are doing the same with Franklin. I agree with both separations (though they were terrible in execution) and people have to accept that's the nature of a shared universe.

The primary writer of a character may not always want to share with the greater MU and we've seen both sides of that. I expect more of this kind of stuff in the future depending on how "aggressive" the X-office is going to be with emphasizing mutantdom across Marvel. Not every writer is gonna wanna loan out their characters to the narrative Hickman is telling and fans have to deal with it.
    they sure were like that! I'm here for the tears lol.

I dont agree with ororo separating from tchalla though but I think the xoffices were tired of what coates was doing being compared to their work. the best thing for them was just cut the strings. as you said, the execution was poorly done but Coates did show their relationship could be written in a manner that was healthy and with love in the center.
    ALL HAIL THE HADARI YAO, THE OMEGA'S OMEGA, BEYOND OMEGA, THE VOICE OF SOL!!!! NOW AGAIN THE ONE TRUE AND ONLY GODDESS OF THE X-MEN AS CLAREMONT INTENDED!!!!!

Sarveśām Svastir Bhavatu Devaishwarya's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by HeraldOfStorm View Post
    tbh i'm a little disappointed with Death, i thought that he being an millenial warrior could have given Storm a worthy fight, but he was defeated so easily and if Storm had her powers this fight would be faster than Betsy vs Isca lol.
    besides, i also expected more from their relationship.
    Yupp. I feel the same with ALL the one on one battles so far, to be honest

We might have gotten good showings if someone hadn't "screwed the storytelling pooch" on the second half of this event.
    Lord Ewing *Praise His name! Uplift Him in song!* Your divine works will be remembered and glorified in worship for all eternity. Amen!

Seperating a charting from a person said character is dating an another franchise is completely different than separating a character from his own past history, franklyn has had an x-gene as long as i remember are completely different beasts imo but i can't be upset that Franklyn's home base chose to make that decision it's on them.
    Don't let anyone else hold the candle that lights the way to your future because only you can sustain the flame.
    Number of People on my ignore list: 0
    #conceptualthinking ^_^
    #ByeMarvEN

Into the breach.
    https://www.instagram.com/jartist27/

Quote Originally Posted by jwatson View Post
    Seperating a charting from a person said character is dating an another franchise is completely different than separating a character from his own past history, franklyn has had an x-gene as long as i remember are completely different beasts imo but i can't be upset that Franklyn's home base chose to make that decision it's on them.
    you know tchalla and ororo share a past history that extends all the way back to her childhood?
    ALL HAIL THE HADARI YAO, THE OMEGA'S OMEGA, BEYOND OMEGA, THE VOICE OF SOL!!!! NOW AGAIN THE ONE TRUE AND ONLY GODDESS OF THE X-MEN AS CLAREMONT INTENDED!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by butterflykyss View Post
    you know tchalla and ororo share a past history that extends all the way back to her childhood?
    And they can still talk and speak etc. Storm had a whole history without him, Franklyn had a piece of his actual body reformatted to fit a new narrative to me that is different than a break up with a husband wife or whatever. Happens every day.
    Don't let anyone else hold the candle that lights the way to your future because only you can sustain the flame.
    #conceptualthinking ^_^
    #ByeMarvEN

Into the breach.

And they can still talk and speak etc. Storm had a whole history without him, Franklyn had a piece of his actual body reformatted to fit a new narrative to me that is different than a break up with a husband wife or whatever. Happens every day.
    its the same difference. one office didn't want ororo linked to tchalla, the other didn't want Franklin linked to mutants. thats how retcons work when writers don't want to interact with creators with different ideas. these are comics at the end of the day so anything goes and im here for it!!!

its the same difference. one office didn't want ororo linked to tchalla, the other didn't want Franklin linked to mutants. thats how retcons work when writers don't want to interact with creators with different ideas. these are comics at the end of the day so anything goes and im here for it!!!
    in your opinion it's the same difference to me it's not but thats cool. just like i don't think changing storm past to have her sleep with tchalla when she was 12 in a bp book is the same as Storm leaving BP in an X-book. One changed the history of the character itself the other changed a situation but i'm cool with disagreeing. ^_^
    #conceptualthinking ^_^
    #ByeMarvEN

Into the breach.

Sarveśām Svastir Bhavatu Devaishwarya's Avatar

For all the time that Franklin's X-gene was relevant to him and the story being told around him, whether in X-Men or F4...he might as well have never had it, to begin with.
    I don't know if Slott knew about HiX-Man and Zdarsky's use of and intent for the character (although I don't see how he could not have known) but...he did what he needed to do to retain control of his character's story (until the next writer comes along).

And I'm okies with that just as I'm okies with the X-Office changing the Storm/BP narrative.
    Last edited by Devaishwarya; 11-18-2020 at 01:33 PM.
    Lord Ewing *Praise His name! Uplift Him in song!* Your divine works will be remembered and glorified in worship for all eternity. Amen!

Quote Originally Posted by Devaishwarya View Post
    For all the time that Franklin's X-gene was relevant to him and the story being told around him, whether in X-Men or F4...he might as well have never had it, to begin with.
    I don't know if Slott knew about HiX-Man and Zdarsky's use of and intent for the character (although I don't see how he could not have known) but...he did what he needed to do to retain control of his character's story (until the next writer comes along).
    In the grand scheme of things it's no big loss, just like the Wakanda one. Except this one actually makes less sense given franklyn has lost his powers several times. Otherwise it's not like he was serving some legitimate purpose in the story or that there was any real expectation of him. My merit of his name always being in red i personally never expected him to even really show up so it's not like it's a big deal. but when the fundamentals don't make sense to me i like to mention. lol

But i will add losing a connection to the X-franchise will hurt the FF in the long run since they were always kismet as far back as i can remember. I don't see the xmen losing anything by losing a connection to wakanda.
    #conceptualthinking ^_^
    #ByeMarvEN

Into the breach.

in your opinion it's the same difference to me it's not but thats cool. just like i don't think changing storm past to have her sleep with tchalla when she was 12 in a bp book is the same as Storm leaving BP in an X-book. One changed the history of the character itself the other changed a situation but i'm cool with disagreeing. ^_^
    I thought that dickey story was abominable but it was retconned back to the original story in extraordinary xmen annual 1.

I thought that dickey story was abominable but it was retconned back to the original story in extraordinary xmen annual 1.
    I honestly don't remember but i know for me i'm just burnt out on the narrative that Storm had nothing without tchalla and just want to focus on storm. Thats not to take away from her past but i want to see my girl stand on her own again. People love to say she had nothing and wasn't being used but i enjoyed X-treme xmen which was running and something was on the horizon before it was pulled. I didn't like the premise of Extraodrinary X-men but i enjoyed the hell out of the issues and Storm leading and she was doing fine and then she was pulled again and all of a sudden stepped down for kitty. And yes that may be on the x-office but all i know is as a Storm fan what i like and it's not having to go get BP, others do. I want Storm to have prominence again on her own because for whatever reason anytime she is paired with tchalla she pays and again that may be on the x-office but as an x-fan first and a storm fan it just ain't worth it for me. I am honestly loving Storm lately and i don't bemoan anyone what they like, just not for me.
    #conceptualthinking ^_^
    #ByeMarvEN

Into the breach.

Astonishing Member

This is comics, recontextualizing the nature of a character's powers happens quite often. Immortal Hulk is doing it right now (to critical acclaim), Coates was doing it when he explored Storm's godhead, etc. Franklin's powers being retconned is hardly earth shattering and functionally no different than Storm and her boyfriend having a falling out. The motivations (the primary writer wanting to tell their story without the influence of another writer) are the same.

This is comics, recontextualizing the nature of a character's powers happens quite often. Immortal Hulk is doing it right now (to critical acclaim), Coates was doing it when he explored Storm's godhead, etc. Franklin's powers being retconned is hardly earth shattering and functionally no different than Storm and her boyfriend having a falling out. The motivations (the primary writer wanting to tell their story without the influence of another writer) are the same.
    Which as i've said many time i totally don't begrudge a writer for wanting to tell his story but i know what my jumping off point is. Also Banner and the multiple personality thing has been alluded too for as long as i can remember also him being a latent mutant who the gamma bomb awakened but never truly confirmed. In his case again it's a little different than specifically doing something we have seen before with Franklyn losing his powers and now trying to make it different and thats coming off a storyline in the same year where they just did a storyline where reed altered his dna to hide that very thing. Also coates explored storm's godhood which was also always hinted at he did not take anything away from her nor did Storm breaking up with Tchalla take anything away from her other than a man at the moment. What actually happened doesn't make sense to me but i can agree it is what it is. Storm on the other hand it make sense to me after waiting on Tchalla and Wakanda time after time when they asked that it would bother her that they asked her to wait on them and she chose not to. But i try to think in context.
    #conceptualthinking ^_^
    #ByeMarvEN

Into the breach.