Quote Originally Posted by Grunty View Post
Wasn't it personal EVERY PREVIOUS TIME?

Also i really question if there is even a fair fight in this?
Storm beat Marrow fair and square in an immitation of the Stom vs. Callisto fight and i would argue she is a far superior fighter to Callisto. Not to forget the various other experienced close combat experts Storm could handle over the years in various circumstances

So unless there is a good story behind them comming to blows verbal or physical, this feels like a tiresome callback.
This is my initial reaction as well. I really like Callisto and not too long ago they were hugging in this title, so I am curious what would bring them to fight. Maybe it’s a Krakoa arena style battle between friends who respect each other’s CQC capabilities and its just an issue intended to be fun action of no consequence.

However, if this is serious I am ready for Storm to have a new/more challenging opponent. Callisto is bad ass and skilled, but she seems to get battle tested against Storm all the time (they’ve had at least 4 fights that I can think of), and it’s just not exciting lol. Especially if the writer doesn’t present it in a compelling way (like Vita did with Shuri). I’d rather see Cal get battle tested against other skilled fighters that would help us see her as a more credible threat. Like Callisto vs Mystique (no powers just skill) or a Callisto vs Viper or Kitty sans powers would be more attractive to me.

Even if she loses I’d like to see Storm get tested against well known/established fighters like Lady Bullseye, Black Widow or Typhoid Mary. Or give her new nemesis skilled in H2H that can block mutant powers to force a CQC fight.

A Storm, Jean & Cyclops team up sounds awesome!