Page 125 of 613 FirstFirst ... 2575115121122123124125126127128129135175225 ... LastLast
Results 1,861 to 1,875 of 9190
    BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by GuiltyPleasure View Post
    Umm, I doubt he will since he is leaving. He will probably leave it up to the X-writers and the next BP writer, assuming Ororo will show up in future BP issues, to define her godhood. This may be all we get of her godhead. It seems X-writers are content with writing her as an Omega level mutant only.
    Then it was a huge waste.....

Everything Fades Away... butterflykyss's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by stormphoenix View Post
    it's not a waste smh. it's all still canon.
    ALL HAIL THE HADARI YAO, THE OMEGA'S OMEGA, BEYOND OMEGA, THE VOICE OF SOL!!!! NOW AGAIN THE ONE TRUE AND ONLY GODDESS OF THE X-MEN AS CLAREMONT INTENDED!!!!!

Incredible Member GuiltyPleasure's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by nj06 View Post
    With Coates leaving in June, it will be interesting to see how or even if Storm will be featured in the title by the next writer. Either way, I hope at the very least the next writer doesn't undo the healing between Ororo and T'Challa. The two of them are in a good place and we certainly don't need a repeat of that AvX nonsense.
    100% agreement. For some reason, I do not think the new writer will be given as much latitude as Coates to use Storm in BP, especially since Hickman is supposed to have plans for Ororo for the next two years. If that's the case, then the relationship will probably be acknowledged as still in existence but little actually shown of them together, which would be a real shame.
    Last edited by GuiltyPleasure; 03-01-2020 at 06:31 AM.

Well, I wouldn't go that far. Just because he didn't cross every T and dot every I with her godhead, Coates created a frame from which any decent writer could build from. Maybe his goal was never to be too explicit with her powers as to not box or limit what her main writers could do with her. Hell, he may have even been told it was fine to elevate her to a goddess but not to be too explicit about her powerset. I don't know, of course, but I wouldn't categorize his efforts as a waste of time.

What would be a waste would be X-writers failure to capitalize on Coates character building.
    Last edited by GuiltyPleasure; 03-01-2020 at 06:15 AM.

Sarveśām Svastir Bhavatu Devaishwarya's Avatar

Well, I wouldn't go that far. Just because he didn't cross every T and dot every I with her godhead, Coates created a frame from which any decent writer could build from. Maybe his goal was never to be too explicit with her powers as to not box or limit what her main writers could do with her. Hell, he may have even been told it was fine to elevate her to a goddess but not to be too explicit about her powerset. I don't know, of course, but I wouldn't categorize his efforts as a waste of time.

What would be a waste would be X-writers failure to capitalize on Coates character building.
    And what if they have their own plans and interests and development for Storm that has very little to do with what a non-X-franchise writer intended?
    They are not beholden to 'capitalize' or even reference what another writer has done.
    If HiX-Man and Co. references/uses her Godhead development...fine. If they don't...also fine.
    Lord Ewing *Praise His name! Uplift Him in song!* Your divine works will be remembered and glorified in worship for all eternity. Amen!

Quote Originally Posted by Devaishwarya View Post
    And what if they have their own plans and interests and development for Storm that has very little to do with what a non-X-franchise writer intended?
    They are not beholden to 'capitalize' or even reference what another writer has done.
    If HiX-Man and Co. references/uses her Godhead development...fine. If they don't...also fine.
    I didn't say other writers were "beholden" to do anything with Ororo based on what Coates wrote of her in BP. I do, however, think his work with the character could be added to as other writers move forward with the character. You could say Coates wasn't beholden to acknowledge any writers of Ororo from the past or even current writers, but that's not what he did. He showed his knowledge of Ororo's past and included that in his representation of the character.

Anyway, it's really nothing to go on about, certainly not worth debating or arguing over. Writers and editors will do what they want, using as much of or as little story points from other writers as they choose.
    Last edited by GuiltyPleasure; 03-01-2020 at 07:20 AM.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by butterflykyss View Post
    it's not a waste smh. it's all still canon.
    FACEPALM.

Doesn’t matter Cannon or Not. If he doesn’t move or develop this Godhead it was a waste to begin with.

No it’s a waste. Because you don’t introduced a new concept to a character and then not explain it further in it. The fact that we Storm fans are asking and search and looking for more Questions on what this power entails and the difference pretty much says it all.

It’s not the X-Writers fault. The Blame falls in Coates if he leaves and doesn’t explain Goddess Storm. The Development was a waste. Now we don’t even know the difference and we know only a little of what Goddess Storm can do.

I think a Storm fan said it best Goddess Storm was just a Plot Base I see why now.
    Last edited by stormphoenix; 03-01-2020 at 11:34 AM.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Devaishwarya View Post
    It’s kinda late for that.

The X-Office has already acknowledged what Coates has done with Goddess Storm. However, they are looking at Coates to see exactly how does this concept work and how can we implement into our Stories that is IF they want too.

The X-Office can capitalize on it. Problem is they don’t know what they are doing about this Godhood so they are looking at Coates like: “Well?....”

FACEPALM.

Doesn’t matter Cannon or Not. If he doesn’t move or develop this Godhead it was a waste to begin with.

No it’s a waste. Because you don’t introduced a new concept to a character and then not explain it further in it. The fact that we Storm fans are asking and search and looking for more Questions on what this power entails and the difference pretty much says it all.

It’s not the X-Writers fault. The Blame falls in Coates if he leaves and doesn’t explain Goddess Storm. The Development was a waste. Now we don’t even know the difference and we know only a little of what Goddess Storm can do.

I think a Storm fan said it best Goddess Storm was just a Plot Base I see why now.
    smh.

I think your thoughts here are short sighted. had we bot had coates all we would hsve been left with was lightning lass that we have been reading in xbooks. He completely changed the trajectory of the character and now his work has created a near bar for the xoffices to meet. it doesnt guarantee they will but at least we have coates work we can reference when challenging the xwriters to do more for characterization. that is more than a waste my friend.
    ALL HAIL THE HADARI YAO, THE OMEGA'S OMEGA, BEYOND OMEGA, THE VOICE OF SOL!!!! NOW AGAIN THE ONE TRUE AND ONLY GODDESS OF THE X-MEN AS CLAREMONT INTENDED!!!!!

100% agreement. For some reason, I do not think the new writer will be given as much latitude as Coates to use Storm in BP, especially since Hickman is supposed to have plans for Ororo for the next two years. If that's the case, then the relationship will probably be acknowledged as still in existence but little actually shown of them together, which would be a real shame.
    ororo hasnt even uttered tchallas name in xmen. with coates leaving I'm not sure if there will be any incentive to keep her in BP. cookies we need them chickens.

ororo hasnt even uttered tchallas name in xmen. with coates leaving I'm not sure if there will be any incentive to keep her in BP. cookies we need them chickens.
    This may also indicate the conflict between Krakoa and WK is coming. Haidari said our relationship will have to say between Kings and Queens. If it all ends in June, war is on the horizon.

BANNED

smh.

I think your thoughts here are short sighted. had we bot had coates all we would hsve been left with was lightning lass that we have been reading in xbooks. He completely changed the trajectory of the character and now his work has created a near bar for the xoffices to meet. it doesnt guarantee they will but at least we have coates work we can reference when challenging the xwriters to do more for characterization. that is more than a waste my friend.
    Face Palm

You still don’t understand. Yes Coates change the trajectory, but did nothing to expand upon. It’s really that simple Kyss. The X-Office know close to nothing about this new Concept Coates presented. And it’s down to him to explain and show us what’s the difference. You can’t expect the X-Office to do it because they don’t know. All they know IS lightning lass. It’s a waste of a concept. You can sit there and deny it as much as you want and say well it still happened. Yes, it did but unfortunately the writer who created this Godhood failed to explain anything more about it.

Face Palm

You still don’t understand. Yes Coates change the trajectory, but did nothing to expand upon. It’s really that simple Kyss. The X-Office know close to nothing about this new Concept Coates presented. And it’s down to him to explain and show us what’s the difference. You can’t expect the X-Office to do it because they don’t know. All they know IS lightning lass. It’s a waste of a concept. You can sit there and deny it as much as you want and say well it still happened. Yes, it did but unfortunately the writer who created this Godhood failed to explain anything more about it.
    smh

coates cannot go into too much detail to flesh out ororos powers in a book that is meant to center around wakanda/t'challa. as I mentioned before, Coates has given us information on the mechanics of her godhead and her power:

1. the more people hsve faith in her the stronger she becomes
    2. she is a bigger God than adversary (a demon god of chaos who us a universal threat)
    3. her abilities allow her to manipulate and control unnatural weather and portals
    4. her abilities allow for the spontaneous and accelerated growth of plant life
    5. we know her gift of godhead goes deeper than her mutation

these are a few things we can say. now I'm sure there is more Coates would like to do. who's to say, once this run ends there may be an announcement of a storm solo or a team book. we dont know but simply because we dont have complete details as to how she is a god pr how it works doesnt make it a waste. let's look at the bright side here, this development has been way better than anything the xoffices has done including her being an omega. in the xoffices she has only been a semi-glorified lightning controller.

Quote Originally Posted by Cville View Post
    This may also indicate the conflict between Krakoa and WK is coming. Haidari said our relationship will have to say between Kings and Queens. If it all ends in June, war is on the horizon.
    I think that is a stretch. there has been nothing that would indicate wakanda would go to war with krakoa and vice versa. I think that is wishful thinking on your end lol

The portal to Krakoa has opened and thru its' gates walks..... The Coates!

He's all yours now and I truly hope he gets a Storm title and delivers.

Keep his ass on this side tho'.