Page 199 of 613 FirstFirst ... 99149189195196197198199200201202203209249299 ... LastLast
Results 2,971 to 2,985 of 9190
    Everything Fades Away... butterflykyss's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by yogaflame View Post
    lol, I know I'm psychic.

I would read X-Men 1991 first. Really you should have read it in conjunction with Uncanny, as they only stay very distinct for the first dozen issues or so(then they rrrrrrrrrealy are just yin and yang to the same story). In fact, I think the X-Treme concept/team is introduced in X-Men to begin with. Besides, it will be like saving the best for last(X-Treme really is a tour de force for Storm. Some of her best times as leader, as a character; expanding on her classical Claremont Uncanny run).
    can you please let me know when we will get this storm solo and you better not say never lololol.

and I was going to try to jump back and forth when reading uncanny but when i tried i became annoyed and impatient. but I will start with xmen 1 and semince I've already read uncanny I think it will be easier to transition between the two now that I've completed uncanny.
    ALL HAIL THE HADARI YAO, THE OMEGA'S OMEGA, BEYOND OMEGA, THE VOICE OF SOL!!!! NOW AGAIN THE ONE TRUE AND ONLY GODDESS OF THE X-MEN AS CLAREMONT INTENDED!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by butterflykyss View Post
    can you please let me know when we will get this storm solo and you better not say never lololol.

I meant psychic like telepathically sensed what book you are looking at, not psychic like precognitive. I did consult the tarot, and in regards to the question of whether or not Storm will get a solo soon, the answer was 'no'. More specifically it was the 5 of cups, which is sadness and despair(the current comics market is facing unprecedented interruption, which may destroy many local comic book stores), but there is potential for the situation to be salvaged later. In regards to Storm's solo, I wouldn't doubt if Marvel starts doing a lot of digital only/digital first content in the near future. Like, they only print trades when a particular run has had enough digital interest/buys. We may find ourselves at the end of monthly/weekly paper comics. So, maybe Storm has missed out solos in one way, but will get one digitally before long.

I'm sure Disney wants to rev up the engines and move the wheels of commerce soon enough. They are taking a big hit with all of this. Storm is highly profitable IP with the right focus. Think of the merch, the video games, the Disney princess line, the animated film, the animated series, etc, etc. This is of course assuming there isn't a global revolution soon and Disney fades away into a memory of the 'before times'.
    Let the flames destroy all but that which is pure and true!

I don't know why Marvel just doesn't put their Solo titles women into a Team
    I'm mean wouldn't that succeeded?

Quote Originally Posted by BlkGldBlu View Post
    They already did that(X-Men by Woods). It sold okay, but it was a horrible storyline and didn't really service any of the characters very well.
    Let the flames destroy all but that which is pure and true!

BANNED

What some find boring others find interesting. But if some of the gurls find seeing storm be a Walmart greeter, who on the side uses her lightning to make crystalline figurines and take orders from kitty exciting and FUN, well enjoy because I'm sure more is to come once Coates stop writing her.

Moreover, if fans find his work boring why continue reading it? But the same ones talking about how boring it is are the same ones I'm sure running to see the issues she is featured in. Doesn't make any sense to me.
    Well, that's their opinions and taste. A lot of us you included enjoyed seeing this "Wal-Mart" greeter Welcome dead mutants to Krakoa. As for the Crystalline Figurines is pretty neat interpretation of what she can do if she supercharged her Lightning. Tell me how many times has Storm supercharged her Lightning or created such a feat? Now as for Storm taking orders from Kitty at first I was against it. But sitting back and looking at Storm's character it's not a problem at all. I don't think many would care once Coates leaves to be honest.

But are they? Are these fans actually reading it or just skimming though it. It's not a crime to want to see your favorite hero do something cool in another characters solo book. Only to find out that they are not doing much at all. Why does it need to make sense to you?

They already did that(X-Men by Woods). It sold okay, but it was a horrible storyline and didn't really service any of the characters very well.
    Yeah, that was pretty ok ,but I meant MU team,
    Widow
    SW
    IW
    SheHulk
    CaptinMarvel
    Storm
    ECT.....

Also can we please get a petition going for MCU Storm to have the Dual wing cape. And in certain scenes and shot they should be parachute big,to effectly summon the elements . But for ground action scenes should be short so she can move ,Even in gameplay I'm over the capelet

Yeah, that was pretty ok ,but I meant MU team,
    Widow
    SW
    IW
    SheHulk
    CaptinMarvel
    Storm
    ECT.....
    I would be fine with that team but I feel like they would force Captain Marvel as the leader.
    Some of us wait, some of us act.

omg that's so freaky!!! I was going to start with priest lolol I posted that over in the BP thread lol.

i havent read all of xtreme xmen yet of 91s xmen. thanks yoga I will try reading these in parallel!!!!
    Priest's take on T'Challa is different from the T'Challa that we have seen post-Hudlin. His T'Challa comes off as being much more distant than he is currently since Priest writes from an "outsiders perspective" in Agent Ross. I did like his take on Storm and her relationship with T'Challa.
    We are the Dora Milaje. We are the daughters of the 18 tribes of Wakanda. We are the teeth of the Panther God. Out of 10,000 years of sweat and bloodshed and battle are we born. We are the women of this ancient land. Deadliest of the species. And our time has come!

Quote Originally Posted by stormphoenix View Post
    Well, that's their opinions and taste. A lot of us you included enjoyed seeing this "Wal-Mart" greeter Welcome dead mutants to Krakoa. As for the Crystalline Figurines is pretty neat interpretation of what she can do if she supercharged her Lightning. Tell me how many times has Storm supercharged her Lightning or created such a feat? Now as for Storm taking orders from Kitty at first I was against it. But sitting back and looking at Storm's character it's not a problem at all. I don't think many would care once Coates leaves to be honest.

But are they? Are these fans actually reading it or just skimming though it. It's not a crime to want to see your favorite hero do something cool in another characters solo book. Only to find out that they are not doing much at all. Why does it need to make sense to you?
    boring, BORING, BOOOOOOOORRRRRIIIIIINNNNNNNGGGGGGGGGG!

Supercharged lightning??? Sure I got got you:

She isnt doing anything different or exciting in the xbooks. Even her water manipulation though nice is something she has always been able to do. Nevertheless like I said if you like it good for you but Coates has been the ONLY writer to give her any type of significant development since her marriage.

So you acknowledge that what Coates is doing for Storm is cool? That's good! If you think becoming a new goddess of an ancient civilization isnt doing much but making crystal figurines from sand is doing something then again have at it. I hope those fans who find what coates is doing with storm boring will continue to enjoy her beta female status as it has so far in the xbooks when Coates stops writing her. I do not want what some fans enjoy to make sense to me, just as I didnt when they wanted the marriage to end. The funny thing it's like history repeats itself but this time once Storm leaves the BP books I hope she doesnt return solely to be promised more but nothing of real substance. Nevertheless, I find the stuff I've seen this far to be quite boring for the character and it does nothing to expand her pedigree in the MU. But as I said, continue to enjoy those crystal figurines:

Last edited by butterflykyss; 04-15-2020 at 03:08 PM.
    ALL HAIL THE HADARI YAO, THE OMEGA'S OMEGA, BEYOND OMEGA, THE VOICE OF SOL!!!! NOW AGAIN THE ONE TRUE AND ONLY GODDESS OF THE X-MEN AS CLAREMONT INTENDED!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by LordAllMIghty View Post
    I would be fine with that team but I feel like they would force Captain Marvel as the leader.
    Pretty sure the would. But I would chose IW or Wasp to be the Leader.
    CaptinMarvel could be field leader.
    Storm gets to be The Hulk/Wolverine of the Team.

Like this?

Or this?

I meant psychic like telepathically sensed what book you are looking at, not psychic like precognitive. I did consult the tarot, and in regards to the question of whether or not Storm will get a solo soon, the answer was 'no'. More specifically it was the 5 of cups, which is sadness and despair(the current comics market is facing unprecedented interruption, which may destroy many local comic book stores), but there is potential for the situation to be salvaged later. In regards to Storm's solo, I wouldn't doubt if Marvel starts doing a lot of digital only/digital first content in the near future. Like, they only print trades when a particular run has had enough digital interest/buys. We may find ourselves at the end of monthly/weekly paper comics. So, maybe Storm has missed out solos in one way, but will get one digitally before long.

I'm sure Disney wants to rev up the engines and move the wheels of commerce soon enough. They are taking a big hit with all of this. Storm is highly profitable IP with the right focus. Think of the merch, the video games, the Disney princess line, the animated film, the animated series, etc, etc. This is of course assuming there isn't a global revolution soon and Disney fades away into a memory of the 'before times'.
    You are such an interesting person! I didnt know you got into psychic abilities using tools such as tarot cards!!! So cool!!!

To your point on Storm's profitability I couldnt agree with you more!! I'm so excited to see what Disney has in store for her.

Quote Originally Posted by nj06 View Post
    Priest's take on T'Challa is different from the T'Challa that we have seen post-Hudlin. His T'Challa comes off as being much more distant than he is currently since Priest writes from an "outsiders perspective" in Agent Ross. I did like his take on Storm and her relationship with T'Challa.
    Hmmmm that sounds interesting. Did you enjoy how Priest wrote Tchalla? Because I like how Coates writes Tchalla as more reflective and sensitive. I dont mind him being distant so long as the story goes into this? Was that more or less his personality at that point?

Pretty sure the would. But I would chose IW or Wasp to be the Leader.
    CaptinMarvel could be field leader.
    Storm gets to be The Hulk/Wolverine of the Team.
    Please Explain...

Quote Originally Posted by Electricmastro View Post

Love this pic so much...

The story where you find out Mystique is a nasty bitch or a good mother...not sure which to go with here. LOL
    Some of us wait, some of us act.

Hmmmm that sounds interesting. Did you enjoy how Priest wrote Tchalla? Because I like how Coates writes Tchalla as more reflective and sensitive. I dont mind him being distant so long as the story goes into this? Was that more or less his personality at that point?
    I enjoyed Priest's T'Challa but his writing style is much different from Coates. His T'Challa is more stoic and not as sensitive as Coates' T'Challa. Storm doesn't have too many appearances in this run, but she is written well and Priest portrays her as wise and definitely someone T'Challa really cares for.
    We are the Dora Milaje. We are the daughters of the 18 tribes of Wakanda. We are the teeth of the Panther God. Out of 10,000 years of sweat and bloodshed and battle are we born. We are the women of this ancient land. Deadliest of the species. And our time has come!