Page 201 of 613 FirstFirst ... 101151191197198199200201202203204205211251301 ... LastLast
Results 3,001 to 3,015 of 9190

Defeated the Adversary whom is an eternal Construct .

Inspired all of Wakanda after years of hardship with her WindRider status because even in Wakanda they believe she is a true Goddess and through such faith she went super syain on every one.

And single Handley wipe out an entire Armada of motherships in space while having plant life around her spontaneously flourish at her work.

Quote Originally Posted by BlkGldBlu View Post
    Yea but those book were C Lister and few B listers .

I'm talking The Ladies of Marvel
    Who would you consider? These are all the top ladies.

Everything Fades Away... butterflykyss's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by stormphoenix View Post
    1. I know that's why I asked you.

2. Well that's actually debatable. But moving on. The "Priestess of Krakoa" is more like a fan name since she is always there when Mutants wake up. Now that's fine if you believe that to be boring. While there are Fans that actually like it. You are not trying to convince me or anyone. what do you mean? Your just saying your opinion.

3. Well, it's like I said. The man has only done 1 good thing for Storm. It's just unfortunate that his writing style is boring. And the reason why fans just can't stand him or get behind him. We just need to wait till he writes Storm's Solo then we can really see what he can do.

4. True, he doesn't have to but he literally recreated the Wakandan Pantheon and included Storm in it. I think that requires a little bit more of an explanation is called for. Yes, we know it's a book centered around T'Challa. Just like how we are always reminded that Storm can't do everything in a Team Book. It's not all about Storm. However, as you said soon we will get an explanation of her Godhead in Storm's Solo since he wants to do it. But, we shall see. These are just Opinions of Fans. Some find it boring some don't. Some like Coates some don't.

We, shall see. Right now the only thing to look forward to is GS: Storm. That's all I got to say on the matter.
    1. gotcha boo!!

2. Exactly! Storm has never been officially given any such title. It's just fans reaching to make her more relevant to the island of Krakoa than she actually is. She doesn't have any substantive impact to the franchise, at least not yet. Yes Ororo is valued because she is an omega and on the council but when you dig deeper she still truly is mostly background. What path is she herself forging for mutants and humankind? Shes taking orders in the book she is featured in and bottom line she ain't doing anything, definitely not anything as exciting you are trying to convey that she is.

3. That's simply false. He hasnt done 1 good thing for her. Let's take a quick trip back in time before Coates put her in BP&C. When Coates introduced her, she was licking her wounds from the fallout of Ivx. She was a pathetic and unmotivated relinquishing her leadership and authority of all mutantkind to Kitty. Coates, conversely showed her as confident and capable. He extended her connection and ties not only to humanity but African Americans showing her engaging the community of harlem to fight oppression during and after her in the outback. As time progressed, she returns to Wakanda where she is told some still see her as queen. In parallel, we see her experience a love highlighted in a non-toxic fashion. So there was quite more going on with the character aside from being just a goddess.

4. I agree with you here. I also hope we get answers soon and I hope her giant size issue delivers.
    ALL HAIL THE HADARI YAO, THE OMEGA'S OMEGA, BEYOND OMEGA, THE VOICE OF SOL!!!! NOW AGAIN THE ONE TRUE AND ONLY GODDESS OF THE X-MEN AS CLAREMONT INTENDED!!!!!

Defeated the Adversary whom is an eternal Construct .

Inspired all of Wakanda after years of hardship with her WindRider status because even in Wakanda they believe she is a true Goddess and through such faith she went super syain on every one.

And single Handley wipe out an entire Armada of motherships in space while having plant life around her spontaneously flourish at her work.
    yes!! if we are talking solely feats coateshas knocked it out the part versus anything we have seen in the xbooks as these three things you've highlighted completely eviscerates anything they've done for her in the modern era imho.
    ALL HAIL THE HADARI YAO, THE OMEGA'S OMEGA, BEYOND OMEGA, THE VOICE OF SOL!!!! NOW AGAIN THE ONE TRUE AND ONLY GODDESS OF THE X-MEN AS CLAREMONT INTENDED!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Marvell2100 View Post
    Who would you consider? These are all the top ladies.
    JeanGrey
    Storm
    Invisible Women
    SheHulk
    CpatinMarvel
    BlackWidow
    Wasp
    ScarletWitch

JeanGrey
    Storm
    Invisible Women
    SheHulk
    CpatinMarvel
    BlackWidow
    Wasp
    ScarletWitch
    I'd say the films are a good indicator of who's a primary brand asset.

Jean Grey
    Storm
    Rogue
    Mystique

Invisible Woman

Black Widow
    Scarlet Witch
    Gamora
    Wasp
    Captain Marvel

JeanGrey
    Storm
    Invisible Women
    SheHulk
    CpatinMarvel
    BlackWidow
    Wasp
    ScarletWitch
    All of those ladies you mention are on A-Force with the exception of Black widow.

And Storm and She-Hulk were on Fearless Defenders.

I think they need to break these teams into different categories.

In the current Captain America, Coates(bless his heart) has a team of all-female heroes called the Daughters of Liberty. They're pretty much a secret black ops/espionage team that's been around for decades. I think a book like that can maybe do a 5-6 issue mini.

Plenty of female mutants could fit on a team like that.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by butterflykyss View Post
    1. gotcha boo!!

2. Exactly! Storm has never been officially given any such title. It's just fans reaching to make her more relevant to the island of Krakoa than she actually is. She doesn't have any substantive impact to the franchise, at least not yet. Yes Ororo is valued because she is an omega and on the council but when you dig deeper she still truly is mostly background. What path is she herself forging for mutants and humankind? Shes taking orders in the book she is featured in and bottom line she ain't doing anything, definitely not anything as exciting you are trying to convey that she is.

3. That's simply false. He hasnt done 1 good thing for her. Let's take a quick trip back in time before Coates put her in BP&C. When Coates introduced her, she was licking her wounds from the fallout of Ivx. She was a pathetic and unmotivated relinquishing her leadership and authority of all mutantkind to Kitty. Coates, conversely showed her as confident and capable. He extended her connection and ties not only to humanity but African Americans showing her engaging the community of harlem to fight oppression during and after her in the outback. As time progressed, she returns to Wakanda where she is told some still see her as queen. In parallel, we see her experience a love highlighted in a non-toxic fashion. So there was quite more going on with the character aside from being just a goddess.

4. I agree with you here. I also hope we get answers soon and I hope her giant size issue delivers.
    2. Maybe not to your standards no. But her character being utilized as such in the New Era of X-Men is still good.

3. It's not false. He's made 1 development. In BP&C Storm wasn't the center of the book. It was a Team Book. And unfortunately in that Team Book Coates destroyed all credit we had of Storm being immune to Lightning. If it wasn't for Writer: Nnedi Okorafor picking up the slack for Coates minior mistake. We would never get another good representation of Storm resisting or being immune again. Storm did not get her confidence back until X-Men Red and Uncanny X-Men(2019). She even led a Team in that Book. Coates had no part to play in her confidence coming back. If any it was coming off the backs of X-Men Red and Uncanny X-Men(2019). That's where you really see Storm starting to step up. Now, her coming back to Wakanda is the start of her 1 development of her character going forward. And that's becoming a God. She tells us that she forgot what it felt like and not sure if she embraces it or not. That is what you call Character Development.
    Last edited by stormphoenix; 04-16-2020 at 03:49 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Saturius View Post
    Count me as another who isn't impressed with DOX Storm. She still isn't doing anything. Though to be fair I dropped Marauders around issue 4 or 5, so if she has gotten better in the main book she is featured in, I wouldn't know, but I doubt it. Once again, it still feels like Storm is treading water. At this point GSX Storm is the make or break it point for the character since Hickman said that should spearhead and define the character's role for the foreseeable future.

I haven't been reading Coates. I am not a fan of BP. I read a few issues cause the forum said Storm was getting some good development but I still could not force myself to slog through a book/franchise that I don't care about. It's too bad that focus isn't happening in the X Books.
    Yes, yes yes to all the bolded!! And she hasnt much of anything unfortunately in Marauders so you have not missed anything.

BANNED

All of those ladies you mention are on A-Force with the exception of Black widow.

And Storm and She-Hulk were on Fearless Defenders.

I think they need to break these teams into different categories.

In the current Captain America, Coates(bless his heart) has a team of all-female heroes called the Daughters of Liberty. They're pretty much a secret black ops/espionage team that's been around for decades. I think a book like that can maybe do a 5-6 issue mini.

Plenty of female mutants could fit on a team like that.

Yeah so far we have: Fearless Defenders, Daughters of Liberty, A-Force.

A-Force Should be a team like the Avengers. They handle the big stuff.
    Leader: She-Hulk
    Storm
    Invisible Woman
    Captain Marvel
    Jean
    Medusa
    Specturm

Fearless Defenders should be like a Mystic Arts or Magic team.
    Leader: Scarlet Witch
    Magik
    Clea
    Satana
    Nico Minoru
    Pixie

Daughters of Liberty is we know is a Black Ops Team.
    Leader: Black Widow
    Misty Knight
    White Tiger
    Kitty Pryde
    Hawkeye
    Shuri

Ultimate Member

Storm
    Invisible Woman
    Captain Marvel
    Jean
    Medusa
    Specturm

Magik
    Clea
    Satana
    Nico Minoru
    Pixie

Misty Knight
    White Tiger
    Kitty Pryde
    Hawkeye
    Shuri

Movie trilogy if I EVER saw one. Take my money!

Storm
    Invisible Woman
    Captain Marvel
    Jean
    Medusa
    Specturm

Magik
    Clea
    Satana
    Nico Minoru
    Pixie

Misty Knight
    White Tiger
    Kitty Pryde
    Hawkeye
    Shuri
    This is a good lineup for each of the teams!

If they don't do a comic, maybe they can do some kind of animated show on Disney+

BANNED

This is a good lineup for each of the teams!

If they don't do a comic, maybe they can do some kind of animated show on Disney+
    Quote Originally Posted by skyvolt2000 View Post
    Movie trilogy if I EVER saw one. Take my money!
    HAHA Thanks Guys.

My decisions were based by what makes sense. And what fits the Team Name.

2. Maybe not to your standards no. But her character being utilized as such in the New Era of X-Men is still good.

3. It's not false. He's made 1 development. In BP&C Storm wasn't the center of the book. It was a Team Book. And unfortunately in that Team Book Coates destroyed all credit we had of Storm being immune to Lightning. If it wasn't for Writer: Nnedi Okorafor picking up the slack for Coates minior mistake. We would never get another good representation of Storm resisting or being immune again. Storm did not get her confidence back until X-Men Red and Uncanny X-Men(2019). She even led a Team in that Book. Coates had no part to play in her confidence coming back. If any it was coming off the backs of X-Men Red and Uncanny X-Men(2019). That's where you really see Storm starting to step up. Now, her coming back to Wakanda is the start of her 1 development of her character going forward. And that's becoming a God. She tells us that she forgot what it felt like and not sure if she embraces it or not. That is what you call Character Development.
    1. Like I said if you enjoy it have at it.

2. Again if you've read all he has done and conclude she only has one development you havent been following the BP stories. He didnt destroy anything with her being immune to lightning. What book did that occur? Storm got her confidence back way before any of those xwriters wrote her. Coates gave her the missing confidence from xmen gold. Are you serious? Did you miss BP&C and the first and second season of Black Panther. Those books both were well before xmen red and uncanny xmen in 2019. Coates Books spanned from 2017 to 2018. again, I listed 3 other examples of development Coates gave her in terms of her blackness, her deeper ties to humanity, as well as her relationship to both Tchalla/Wakanda. none of which is solely based upon her being a goddess.
    Last edited by butterflykyss; 04-16-2020 at 05:06 PM.

https://screenrant.com/marvel-dc-won...n-storm-fight/

interesting write up I'm sure some wonder woman fans would disagree.