Page 479 of 613 FirstFirst ... 379429469475476477478479480481482483489529579 ... LastLast
Results 7,171 to 7,185 of 9190
    Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by butterflykyss View Post
    1. I'm not sure saying she has a piece of divine power is an accurate description when she was described as being a bigger God than adversary, an ancient demon chaos God.

2. The scans don't lie. Asgardians power are dependent on their worshippers. The fact that they have been worshipped as long as they have as well as the amount of worshippers guve the facade they dont require prayer; however, ive provide instances of three different stories indicating his power is contingent on his followers.

3. Gods of marvel are powered by prayer. Here are a few others for thor

prays to gaia and she grants him more power,:

gods powering thor through prayer:

odin hearing prayers:
    A demon like Adversary is a fly compared to an Elder God. It makes perfect sense that a piece of Oshtur's power would allow Storm to overwhelm him. That fits with what we know from past books and Coates, who described Storm's power as a gift and heavily hinted at Oshtur in his run with the sky symbolism (walker of clouds, the blinding white light, etc.)

Asgardians were formed from the pre-conscious thoughts of mankind before humans even existed, they were formed from belief (in the loosest of terms, at least) but exist independent of prayer. They're definitely attuned to prayer and can be empowered by worship, but that isn't their sole power source. Your scans actually show that. Gods are born with innate powers they can enhance through standard magic, like Loki or Thor (who wields a mystical hammer).

Everything Fades Away... butterflykyss's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Marvell2100 View Post
    So your argument is that without prayer and worship, Asgardians have no power correct?
    not exactly. their power would diminish. more worshippers equal more power and less would produce the opposite. as I mentioned when I referenced the Xena show, gods are only as powerful as the number of worshippers they have. in the case of asgard they have had innumerable worshippers since the dawn of humanity so there has never been a scenario where we have seen them without followers. their gift of godhead is always there.
    ALL HAIL THE HADARI YAO, THE OMEGA'S OMEGA, BEYOND OMEGA, THE VOICE OF SOL!!!! NOW AGAIN THE ONE TRUE AND ONLY GODDESS OF THE X-MEN AS CLAREMONT INTENDED!!!!!

not exactly. their power would diminish. more worshippers equal more power and less would produce the opposite. as I mentioned when I referenced the Xena show, gods are only as powerful as the number of worshippers they have. in the case of asgard they have had innumerable worshippers since the dawn of humanity so there has never been a scenario where we have seen them without followers. their gift of godhead is always there.
    Xena? Wha... c'mon BK stop this. Thor's power is not connected to how many people worship him. Show me on a consistent basis where people have prayed to Thor and Thor became more powerful. And as for the link you posted, here's a better one:

https://www.marvel.com/characters/th...nson/in-comics

If anything, on over hundreds of ocassions, we've seen Thor rely on his inner strength to overcome odds.
    Last edited by Marvell2100; 10-05-2020 at 03:31 PM.

Double post.

And Odin has been on panel saying that he created man. So if he is powerful enough to create them he does not need their prayer to give him powers.
    Odin didn't create man. From man's consciousness were the gods formed by way of Atum:

Quote Originally Posted by chief12d View Post
    A demon like Adversary is a fly compared to an Elder God. It makes perfect sense that a piece of Oshtur's power would allow Storm to overwhelm him. That fits with what we know from past books and Coates, who described Storm's power as a gift and heavily hinted at Oshtur in his run with the sky symbolism (walker of clouds, the blinding white light, etc.)

Asgardians were formed from the pre-conscious thoughts of mankind before humans even existed, they were formed from belief (in the loosest of terms, at least) but exist independent of prayer. They're definitely attuned to prayer and can be empowered by worship, but that isn't their sole power source. Your scans actually show that. Gods are born with innate powers they can enhance through standard magic, like Loki or Thor (who wields a mystical hammer).

1. That's anecdotal and not supported by canon. Roma stated life requires that Adversary exist and the extent of his power is still not fully understood

2. the scan above indicates man came first and from their consciousness in awe of autumn's wonder and glory were gods then formed.
    ALL HAIL THE HADARI YAO, THE OMEGA'S OMEGA, BEYOND OMEGA, THE VOICE OF SOL!!!! NOW AGAIN THE ONE TRUE AND ONLY GODDESS OF THE X-MEN AS CLAREMONT INTENDED!!!!!

Odin didn't create man. From man's consciousness were the gods formed by way of Atum:

1. That's anecdotal and not supported by canon. Roma stated life requires that Adversary exist and the extent of his power is still not fully understood

2. the scan above indicates man came first and from their consciousness in awe of autumn's wonder and glory were gods then formed.
    Check the link below:

https://www.marvel.com/articles/comi...ales-of-asgard

Humans did not conjure up the Asgardians.

But I digress, you may continue your debate. I see no further need to argue Thor "worshippers" in Storms thread.

Proceed.

Xena? Wha... c'mon BK stop this. Thor's power is not connected to how many people worship him. Show me on a consistent basis where people have prayed to Thor and Thor became more powerful. And as for the link you posted, here's a better one:

https://www.marvel.com/characters/th...nson/in-comics

If anything, on over hundreds of ocassions, we've seen Thor rely on his inner strength to overcome odds.
    The Xena reference was to just explain the logic, which i think is how marvel has explained prayer and its place within the MU. I showed multiple scans that indicate prayer powers thor and or asgardians. if you're expecting me to find one specific to your request I'm not sure one exists that meet the exact statement you've made. I will look but I think there are enough instances just from the one I've shown that indicate asgardians are powered through prayer.

Check the link below:

https://www.marvel.com/articles/comi...ales-of-asgard

Humans did not conjure up the Asgardians.

But I digress, you may continue your debate. I see no further need to argue Thor "worshippers" in Storms thread.

Proceed.
    the thor annual stated:

man came into being. first. and from their awe of atums work the gods were created. that's what the scans states.

this discussion appears to be struck in the effort to demonstrate storm as a goddess is different than thor because she can get powered through prayer. the point of my rebuttal is to demonstate thor and asgardians require prayer as well.

I have no dog in this race at all but aren't all Asgardian's suppose to have super strength so what exactly really makes thor a god other than him claiming godhood. I mean i know Gaia is his mother etc but what has he done that has really been godly that like the sentry or someone else with super strength has been able to do. Honestly no shade the conversation just has me thinking about it, i mean i know he is at least half god from gaia but asgardians are a race of people like mutants are and a few of them claim to be gods
    Don't let anyone else hold the candle that lights the way to your future because only you can sustain the flame.
    Number of People on my ignore list: 0
    #conceptualthinking ^_^
    #ByeMarvEN

Into the breach.
    https://www.instagram.com/jartist27/

Quote Originally Posted by jwatson View Post
    I have no dog in this race at all but aren't all Asgardian's suppose to have super strength so what exactly really makes thor a god other than him claiming godhood. I mean i know Gaia is his mother etc but what has he done that has really been godly that like the sentry or someone else with super strength has been able to do. Honestly no shade the conversation just has me thinking about it, i mean i know he is at least half god from gaia but asgardians are a race of people like mutants are and a few of them claim to be gods
    He's the son of the All-Father which places him above most and grants him access to powers beyond super strength

Sarveśām Svastir Bhavatu Devaishwarya's Avatar

This current topic underscores why Storm as Goddess (as written by Coates) can be less than ideal and even be problematic in the long-run for her character.

Storm in her most powerful moments...manipulating a galactic core, housing Eternity, defeating the Trion...clearly wasn't relying on prayer to achieve those feats.
    Her status as an Omega basically supersedes any need for prayers and worship in order to tap into the full extent of her true powers.
    When compared to her true mutant potential her divinity is less than interesting.
    Last edited by Devaishwarya; 10-05-2020 at 06:43 PM.
    Lord Ewing *Praise His name! Uplift Him in song!* Your divine works will be remembered and glorified in worship for all eternity. Amen!

Quote Originally Posted by jwatson View Post
    What is it that you are expecting him to do? I mean Conan prays to his god Crom but Crom don't give a **** about you.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Devaishwarya View Post
    This current topic underscores why Storm as Goddess (as written by Coates) can be less than ideal and even be problematic in the long-run for her character.

Storm in her most powerful moments...manipulating a galactic core, housing Eternity, defeating the Trion...clearly wasn't relying on prayer to achieve those feats.
    Her status as an Omega basically supersedes any need for prayers and worship in order to tap into the full extent of her true powers.
    When compared to her true mutant potential her divinity is less than interesting.
    Doesn't underscore storms character at all. All the writer has to do is differentiate the difference between her mutant abilities and her Divine powers. Because in the Marvel Universe there's a difference between being god-like and being an actual god.

Quote Originally Posted by Devaishwarya View Post

let me just say you was right and im done. we will be in talks soon!