Page 486 of 613 FirstFirst ... 386436476482483484485486487488489490496536586 ... LastLast
Results 7,276 to 7,290 of 9190

It's official. Marauders #13 is one of best Storm-centric comics in years.
    Join me on the official website for X-men Supreme, home of Marvel Universe 1015. Want a fresh take on X-men? Click below to enter the official home of Marvel at it's most Supreme!

Or if you want, check out my YouTube channel, Jack's World.

OMG they have N'dare the legendary white hair. Best retcon ever. lol.
    Don't let anyone else hold the candle that lights the way to your future because only you can sustain the flame.
    Number of People on my ignore list: 0
    #conceptualthinking ^_^
    #ByeMarvEN

Into the breach.
    https://www.instagram.com/jartist27/

Quote Originally Posted by GuiltyPleasure View Post
    Oh, it was total bullshit. None of this had to happen the way it did. The Wakandans could've put her through a trial to earn the right to wield the sword. But no, they pulled the contrived he "ignored my pleas for help" so I had no choice. Because, once you get rid of most of of what Ayala wrote, including how much the royal family clearly loved Ororo, Ororo's betrayal was T'Challa's fault. Smh. Come on. Really? Would he really ignore Ororo, especially for something this important? Of course he wouldn't. It's all contrived. Elegant contrivance, but still premeditated bullshit to tear apart the couple for Ororo to be a one-dimensional protector for "her people."
    spoilers:
    Supposedly away for "days", but was able to show up within half an hour of triggering the lockdown procedures to stand in front of the gate with guards. But couldn't answer her phone call. lol."
    end of spoilers

YEEEEEEEEESSSS BIATCH YEEEEEEEEEESSSSSSSSSSSS THIS is my storm. YAAAAAAAAAAAASSSSSSSSSS!!!!!

Don't let anyone else hold the candle that lights the way to your future because only you can sustain the flame.
    #conceptualthinking ^_^
    #ByeMarvEN

Into the breach.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Cville View Post
    spoilers:
    Supposedly away for "days", but was able to show up within half an hour of triggering the lockdown procedures to stand in front of the gate with guards. But couldn't answer her phone call. lol."
    end of spoilers
    Honestly I feel the only reason he was in this issue was so that it would be official they broke up. Vita doesn't strike me as someone who has a deep love for the character and they clearly have an affinity more for the black women in the BP franchise. The issue probably would've worked better if he didn't show up in person and he ordered the gates to be destroyed remotely in a separate scene, just to emphasize he was actually busy. Now it looks like dude was just waiting in the city lol.

Vita got the problem. Vita got what i been saying all this time. THANK YOU! THANK YOU! ororo is not second fiddle. No matter the passion the love, the story, Storm has always and will always be put on the back burner for Wakanda. Yeah coates did amazing with somewhat elevating Storm but guess what Storm showed up and helped Wakanda time and time again and in the BP Books and the X-books it has been consisent Wakandians put wakandians first it just is what it is. I want to got damn frame this issue.

spoilers:
    end of spoilers
    You know. And it didn't even read out of character or a set up because even reading in BP this issue was believable as hell. I don't think anyone, hater or lover of the couple can deny that.

And i knew this was going to happen too. I called this months ago.
    #conceptualthinking ^_^
    #ByeMarvEN

Into the breach.

Incredible Member GuiltyPleasure's Avatar

spoilers:
    end of spoilers
    Exactly. Actually, I think he came home when his mother called and told him Ororo was there and why. I think that's what he said. So, Ramonda's word was good but Ororo was too impatient. The funny thing is that the entire issue was that Ororo couldn't wait. She needed the sword now. But when you get to the final page, Wolverine and Magick are sitting there. The image did not give off the sense of urgency that fueled Ororo's actions (betrayal).

Thank you Vita. I don't care how it was done, if they want to throw shade I don't care.

This should have never happen in the first place but Coates just couldn't leave it alone.

Quote Originally Posted by Marvell2100 View Post
    Thank you Vita. I don't care how it was done, if they want to throw shade I don't care.

This should have never happen in the first place but Coates just couldn't leave it alone.
    I will say aside from only coming too late Tchalla handled the situation well but the timing was very in character with decades of BP stories. It just came to a point where Storm finally had something bigger to protect and couldn't wait. It was very sonny/brenda "You always leave me standing in the rain."
    #conceptualthinking ^_^
    #ByeMarvEN

Into the breach.

Now I see why Butterflykyss was upset. I am too! I thought Storm was messed up to fight Shuri, betray Wakanda and pretty much spit on her relationship. I get why, but she was cold with it. This is the second time she's done this and its going to be hard to give her a third chance to potentially do it again.

Vita wrote a good Storm solo here though. I want more from her

Incredible Member GuiltyPleasure's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by chief12d View Post
    Honestly I feel the only reason he was in this issue was so that it would be official they broke up. Vita doesn't strike me as someone who has a deep love for the character and they clearly have an affinity more for the black women in the BP franchise. The issue probably would've worked better if he didn't show up in person and he ordered the gates to be destroyed remotely in a separate scene, just to emphasize he was actually busy. Now it looks like dude was just waiting in the city lol.
    It wasn't a good showing for BP. Ayala tried to have it both ways with his character. On one hand she makes it clear T'Challa loves Ororo and would have given her the sword, thus making her theft and betrayal pointless. But on the other hand, she also had him ignoring Ororo's calls and request for help. So, it wasn't that he hadn't gotten her calls but he choose to leave her blowing in the wind. Really? But when his mother calls him, he comes home right away. Smh. Sorry, that only washes when the writer was given the task of ending the relationship. And end it she did and, apparently, to great applause.
    Last edited by GuiltyPleasure; 10-07-2020 at 06:53 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Havok83 View Post
    Now I see why Butterflykyss was upset. I am too! I thought Storm was messed up to fight Shuri, betray Wakanda and pretty much spit on her relationship. I get why, but she was cold with it. This is the second time she's done this and its going to be hard to give her a third chance to potentially do it again.

Vita wrote a good Storm solo here though. I want more from her
    I can definitely see it too. I don't feel the same but objectively i get it and it can definitely be read that way, no argument here.
    #conceptualthinking ^_^
    #ByeMarvEN

Into the breach.

Sarveśām Svastir Bhavatu Devaishwarya's Avatar

Well and so.
    I'm very much okies with how this plot played out. Given Wakanda's initial stance regarding the drugs etc. this sets up potential scenarios for further conflict, if they decide to go there.
    I was never invested in Coates' relationship story so...it's all good. I'm good.
    Storm fully understands what she's done having chosen to sacrifice heart and happiness and friendship and trust for Krakoa, for Mutants and their future...that's very Ororo.
    Lord Ewing *Praise His name! Uplift Him in song!* Your divine works will be remembered and glorified in worship for all eternity. Amen!

Quote Originally Posted by jwatson View Post
    All i need is "i'm the goddess of Krakoa. " and i'm good. maybe we can get a storm krakoa communion that creates the divine pantheon of krakoa with Storm as "zeus". of course none of this will prob happen. lol. But connections and stuff it would be crazy for her not to form a coven and some how share divine privledige with those in it. Given what we have now covens are usually five so i wonder who it would be. I think JEan and Betsy for sure.
    Lol so she Karokoa Uber weapon. just the whole island praying to her , she'd be nigh effing unstoppable.

Quote Originally Posted by jwatson View Post
    I will say aside from only coming too late Tchalla handled the situation well but the timing was very in character with decades of BP stories. It just came to a point where Storm finally had something bigger to protect and couldn't wait. It was very sonny/brenda "You always leave me standing in the rain."
    Like I said, I don't care how they ended it. If they wanted to give Storm a good look, great. It was an X-book so I expect frakkery at all times.

They couldn't even do a friendly amicable end to the relationship. Yay! Storm got her moment.

For me, big picture? BP wins and they should never allow another writer to attempt to fix this isht.

It's over, praise the Harada Yuengling!