Page 487 of 613 FirstFirst ... 387437477483484485486487488489490491497537587 ... LastLast
Results 7,291 to 7,305 of 9190

Quote Originally Posted by jwatson View Post
    Vita got the problem. Vita got what i been saying all this time. THANK YOU! THANK YOU! ororo is not second fiddle. No matter the passion the love, the story, Storm has always and will always be put on the back burner for Wakanda. Yeah coates did amazing with somewhat elevating Storm but guess what Storm showed up and helped Wakanda time and time again and in the BP Books and the X-books it has been consisent Wakandians put wakandians first it just is what it is. I want to got damn frame this issue.
    Y'all are wild.

I hate Coates but... Coates turned Storm into a Goddess of Wakanda and basically Wakandan's own personal nuke. Coates put Wakanda and BP on the back burner for Storm, not the other way around.

Vita... had her pull a Gambit, beat up a non powered warrior (who brought a knife to an omega mutant fight wtf lol), and blow up some robots and y'all are praising it as best thing ever?

Vita cut off a whole avenue of potential stories for Storm... for some more lightning lass feats.
    Black Panther Discord Server: https://discord.gg/SA3hQerktm

T'challa's Greatest Comic Book Feats: http://blackpanthermarvel.blogspot.c...her-feats.html

Quote Originally Posted by GuiltyPleasure View Post
    It wasn't a good showing for BP. Ayala tried to have it both ways with his character. On one hand she makes it clear T'Challa loves Ororo and would have given her the sword, thus making her theft and betrayal pointless. But on the other hand, she also had him ignoring Ororo's calls and request for help. So, it wasn't that he hadn't gotten her calls but he choose to leave her blowing in the wind. Really? But when his mother calls him, he comes home right away. Smh. Sorry, that only washes when the writer was given the task of ending the relationship. And end it she did and, apparently, to great applause.
    It was a great showing!!!!! The last nail was put in the coffin.

They only sad thing was that the only Black couple in the MU had the most frakked up relationship. Way to go X-books.

I will say aside from only coming too late Tchalla handled the situation well but the timing was very in character with decades of BP stories. It just came to a point where Storm finally had something bigger to protect and couldn't wait. It was very sonny/brenda "You always leave me standing in the rain."
    Storm going, "F wakanda, mutants forever" is very in character for her as well.

So I guess it is win win here?

T'challa's Greatest Comic Book Feats: http://blackpanthermarvel.blogspot.c...her-feats.html

I will say aside from only coming too late Tchalla handled the situation well but the timing was very in character with decades of BP stories. It just came to a point where Storm finally had something bigger to protect and couldn't wait. It was very sonny/brenda "You always leave me standing in the rain."
    spoilers:
    But bigger to protect was kinda lost on the final page. She was only the third one. lol.
    end of spoilers

Quote Originally Posted by Marvell2100 View Post
    Like I said, I don't care how they ended it. If they wanted to give Storm a good look, great. It was an X-book so I expect frakkery at all times.

They couldn't even do a friendly amicable end to the relationship. Yay! Storm got her moment.

For me, big picture? BP wins and they should never allow another writer to attempt to fix this isht.

It's over, praise the Harada Yuengling!
    It was amicable. Tchalla let her leave and said he would have given her the sword if she had waited but she said she shouldn't need to wait on him. He had the gate destroyed but also said if she is to return it won't be as a theif it will be basically coming through the front door. Storm even states to Kate they didn't lose any allies but they have lost trust.
    Don't let anyone else hold the candle that lights the way to your future because only you can sustain the flame.
    Number of People on my ignore list: 0
    #conceptualthinking ^_^
    #ByeMarvEN

Into the breach.
    https://www.instagram.com/jartist27/

So I sit with this.
    Great Storm issue and seeds for a solo.
    But yet again got shafted in the BP love department.
    Something so perfect but just won't let us have it.
    (Sigh)I'm tired. Marvel you win....as usual.
    And all that hard work,gone again.

Quote Originally Posted by MindofShadow View Post
    Y'all are wild.

I hate Coates but... Coates turned Storm into a Goddess of Wakanda and basically Wakandan's own personal nuke. Coates put Wakanda and BP on the back burner for Storm, not the other way around.

Vita... had her pull a Gambit, beat up a non powered warrior (who brought a knife to an omega mutant fight wtf lol), and blow up some robots and y'all are praising it as best thing ever?

Vita cut off a whole avenue of potential stories for Storm... for some more lightning lass feats.
    That's cool. I enjoyed what i read and that's pretty much all that matters in the end. I'm simple.
    Don't let anyone else hold the candle that lights the way to your future because only you can sustain the flame.
    #conceptualthinking ^_^
    #ByeMarvEN

Into the breach.

Y'all are wild.

Did you bother reading it for the story?

Quote Originally Posted by Cville View Post
    spoilers:
    But bigger to protect was kinda lost on the final page. She was only the third one. lol.
    end of spoilers
    I did laugh at that but girl wanted to get it over with and imagine your first time asking for something for people who claim your they goddess when they need you and pray to you and you are suppose to be tied to the land and the legend and just saved them and you ask to borrow a sword and they are like "We gon neeed you to wait on tchalla for that." I would have been like bump that too. But i can be petty sometimes.
    #conceptualthinking ^_^
    #ByeMarvEN

Into the breach.

Quote Originally Posted by Tycon View Post

For real. The very first page of it states a bystander accord from onslaught talking about how he felt safe because of the sheer power coming from Storm and it wasn't any weather stuff.
    #conceptualthinking ^_^
    #ByeMarvEN

Into the breach.

Quote Originally Posted by Tycon View Post
    A made up Wakandan history story involving a sword that has never been mentioned before that storm had to urgently get as the other two X peeps were just chillin in some grass waiting didn't quite resonate with me story wise.

Amazing Member

Quote Originally Posted by GuiltyPleasure View Post
    Oh, it was total bullshit. None of this had to happen the way it did. The Wakandans could've put her through a trial to earn the right to wield the sword. But no, they pulled the contrived he "ignored my pleas for help" so I had no choice. Because, once you get rid of most of of what Ayala wrote, including how much the royal family clearly loved Ororo, Ororo's betrayal was T'Challa's fault. Smh. Come on. Really? Would he really ignore Ororo, especially for something this important? Of course he wouldn't. It's all contrived. Elegant contrivance, but still premeditated bullshit to tear apart the couple for Ororo to be a one-dimensional protector for "her people."
    Totally agree and Totally disappointed

One thing I will say is that the conflict and reactions were handled better and more mature than in AvX

Quote Originally Posted by Havok83 View Post
    One thing I will say is that the conflict and reactions were handled better and more mature than in AvX
    Very true. That was a hot mess. Like how you let Cap basically tell you your wife is where she needs to be and sit down. Compared to that this came off really good.
    #conceptualthinking ^_^
    #ByeMarvEN

Into the breach.

A made up Wakandan history story involving a sword that has never been mentioned before that storm had to urgently get as the other two X peeps were just chillin in some grass waiting didn't quite resonate with me story wise.
    Well, considering that this entire XOS event is based on an entirely made up mutant nation history, throwing in this sword is something minor.

But as far as the relationship with BP and Wakanda, I don't think it's over so clearly as people think. Black Panther let Storm leave with the sword, and closed the gate (as they should have), and Storm said herself that they didn't lose an ally. BP as king knows that sometimes the tough decisions have to be made, and the next time Storm comes, it won't be as a thief in the night. They are right to be wary of Storm now. Once trust is broken, it takes time to heal, but probably never fully. If Storm gets hurt, they won't be happy about it. It's the people of Wakanda who may view Storm differently, but I don't think the relationship with BP is destroyed forever.