Page 491 of 613 FirstFirst ... 391441481487488489490491492493494495501541591 ... LastLast
Results 7,351 to 7,365 of 9190

Quote Originally Posted by Cville View Post
    I'd also like to comment on the pettiness of Tchalla destroying the Gate. As if Storm is the only person who used it. I could see him setting up a filter so she cant pass through, but destoying it takes her actions out on all mutants. Manifold probably got his hair permed and was shocked to find out he couldn't get back. lol
    That one is on Storm though. Even i can admit she did play like she was going to bed but then turned into a theif. I suspect given Shuri's speech wakanda will provide mutants a way to leave maybe by transporting to a local gate of a ally but they will be leaving through the front door.
    Don't let anyone else hold the candle that lights the way to your future because only you can sustain the flame.
    Number of People on my ignore list: 0
    #conceptualthinking ^_^
    #ByeMarvEN

Into the breach.
    https://www.instagram.com/jartist27/

Quote Originally Posted by GuiltyPleasure View Post
    No, I'm a published author of over 15 books--mainly paranormal and fantasy romance.
    That's awesome, congratulations!

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Cville View Post
    I'd also like to comment on the pettiness of Tchalla destroying the Gate. As if Storm is the only person who used it. I could see him setting up a filter so she cant pass through, but destoying it takes her actions out on all mutants. Manifold probably got his hair permed and was shocked to find out he couldn't get back. lol
    Favorite post of the week lol. But I really do wonder where this leaves Wakanda-affiliated mutants like Manifold. Eden has a largely off-panel romance with Shuri, does that get referenced in the SWORD book? And does this mean Wakanda won't let mutants leave or come to their country anymore on suspicion of being thieves?

Incredible Member GuiltyPleasure's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Marvell2100 View Post
    That's awesome, congratulations!
    Thank you very much.

So nothing from this issue says the relationship is over, just more work to do, which I'm totally down for and ready to see.
    There was no pettiness from no one. Everyone did what they had to do respectfully.
    Destroying the gate was obviously the smart thing to do.
    I totally love how Shuri let it be known that Wakanda has and always will be for Mutants.

Quote Originally Posted by Devaishwarya View Post
    For good reasons.

Nobody in the Avengers Offices or the X-Offices was invested in the relationship. Nobody but Coates. And with him off of BP now...it's pointless.
    Either the next BP writer (whoever that is) has to address/include it or Duggan/HiX-Man has to include/address it going forward...and why should they have to, if they're not interested in telling that story? (half of you all were only reading BP because Storm was in it...so it's not like you all are losing anything)

Both T'Challa and Storm would be perfectly fine separated, in their respective franchises. They both had and will continue to have interesting stories written for and about them by their respective writers. It was so before they got married. It will be so after this separation.
    I'll say it again, I don't care how they ended it. The X-office did what they normally do and it's no surprise to me or alot of other people.

If this means that Storm and BP are done then I'm very happy. Here's the thing tho', Avengers wasn't throwing shade at Storm the way the X-offices throws shade at BP and Wakanda. Agents of Wakanda didn't throw shade.

They could have parted without the drama but like I said, if this puts the nail in the coffin then thank you Vita, you did us a ll a favor.

I don't see it as over. Just the beginning.
    Storm clearly stated " you better let me pass or you already know.."

"Comics journalism"? Filthy Mutie's Avatar

I mean, as some others have pointed out, there's clearly more to this story of Storm and Black Panther. There will surely be a reckoning when XoS is over. It's anyone's game. I don't understand these scorched earth reactions.

That said, I hope she finally gets back to spending quality time with Yukio.

Everything Fades Away... butterflykyss's Avatar

ALL HAIL THE HADARI YAO, THE OMEGA'S OMEGA, BEYOND OMEGA, THE VOICE OF SOL!!!! NOW AGAIN THE ONE TRUE AND ONLY GODDESS OF THE X-MEN AS CLAREMONT INTENDED!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by GuiltyPleasure View Post
    Thank you very much.
    I wamt you to share it with everyone!! your catalog is so very impressive!!!!!! #blackgirlmagic
    ALL HAIL THE HADARI YAO, THE OMEGA'S OMEGA, BEYOND OMEGA, THE VOICE OF SOL!!!! NOW AGAIN THE ONE TRUE AND ONLY GODDESS OF THE X-MEN AS CLAREMONT INTENDED!!!!!

Incredible Member

Never liked Ororo with BP, hope their relationship is done for good.

Sarveśām Svastir Bhavatu Devaishwarya's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by BlkGldBlu View Post
    I don't see it as over. Just the beginning.
    Storm clearly stated " you better let me pass or you already know.."
    We may get a "Mea Culpa" moment after XoS is done.
    We may just see a page with T'Challa walking into his private quarters and Skybreaker is on his bed. (Storm don't need no gateway) The window is open, a fragrant Wakandan breeze stirring the drapery. There's a flash of lightning and the sound of thunder in the distance. He smiles to himself and says..."My Goddess".

Or we may not...

I won't fault anyone for not taking up the relationship mantle on either side as it's not very important to either character at this time.
    Lord Ewing *Praise His name! Uplift Him in song!* Your divine works will be remembered and glorified in worship for all eternity. Amen!

I'll say it again, I don't care how they ended it. The X-office did what they normally do and it's no surprise to me or alot of other people.

If this means that Storm and BP are done then I'm very happy. Here's the thing tho', Avengers wasn't throwing shade at Storm the way the X-offices throws shade at BP and Wakanda. Agents of Wakanda didn't throw shade.

They could have parted without the drama but like I said, if this puts the nail in the coffin then thank you Vita, you did us a ll a favor.
    vita and their xcrew didn't do me any favors. but whatever their true colors have been shown and in that regard I am appreciative.

but why do you think that is? why do the avengers side show respect while the xoffices depict the opposite?

Quote Originally Posted by butterflykyss View Post
    My review:

spoilers:
    They create some bs story about a sword that was created long ago in Wakanda, a sword that so powerful, a sword that no one outside of this comicbook has ever heard of. A sword that Storm needs.

So, with back drop, Storm heads to Wakanda to get the sword. yada yada yada i need the sword yada yada yada the sword is sacred we can't allow you to take it. yada yada yada I'll steal it yada yada yada T'Challa you don't have time for me yada yada yada I was a mutant before I was a wife or black yada yada yada Wakanda is bad.
    end of spoilers

It's over.

Incredible Member

I read you review. It was well thought out and explained everything perfectly. I agree with everything you said.

To Vito, all I can say is thank you. Thank you for exposing the hypocrisy of the X-books. Always manufacturing that fake drama with Storm and BP.
    Storm is and has always been an X-Men Character, the BP books stole her, change her nationality and backstory and turn her into a throphy wife while mutants were being hunted and Wakanda did nothing. But sure the X office are the bad guys.