Page 511 of 613 FirstFirst ... 11411461501507508509510511512513514515521561611 ... LastLast
Results 7,651 to 7,665 of 9190

Quote Originally Posted by The92Ghost View Post
    Ah, that is an entirely different topic. I doubt we were talking about that, but I totally agree with you. Movies are a good way to research how this will work in real-world, while in-comics is more like possible under short conditions while in Movies it is possible after a large checklist.
    I mean story and character ideas too.

Incredible Member GuiltyPleasure's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by butterflykyss View Post
    yup you read my mind. I'm so very thankful for what Coates attempted to do with and for this character. I wanna go in so bad after that article but as you said not even worth it.
    I tried to send you a link via a PM. You gotta clear some of your messages. LOL. Have you been storing those things since the time of Claremont?

Quote Originally Posted by The92Ghost View Post
    While I was reading through all of the comments above, it made me think. What if this is a bigger plan for Storm and BP romance. Some people have said that we, some of the Storm fans overreacted but nothing was clear, did they break up or not, or was it a plot point.

One of the plot points I can think of is having Ororo this time around apologising to T'Challa and his people, which can strengthen their relationship and make it more stable. If this were part 1, part 2 would be the rebuilding the trust that was lost (which Storm mentions at the end), and the third part would be for their relationship to grow stronger.

I really hope that they have bigger and more logical plans for the two of them, except cutting off any ties again with Wakanda since this would speak really bad for Marvel and not just Marvel but the author who will write it down. I mean there was such a huge negative reaction of the recent issue, and it made no sense, I am sure Marvel has acknowledged that in one way or another.
    I don't think Marvel has any big plans for Storm and BP being together in a normal relationship. They seem to like the dysfunction, drama and love-hate tension.

It's always one-step forward, two-steps back. The last story is a good example.

Create a sword from Wakandan lore that Storm needs in an X-event. The sword is so important that to remove it throws Wakanda into some kind of civil war(what?).

So, Storm can't reach BP, goes to Wakanda, receives a gracious welcome, asks for the sword(which she intends to steal anyway), gets turned down andthey tell her to wait for T'Challa to arrive.

She puts on her Catwoman suit, steals the sword, gets caught, fights Shuri and gets ready to leave only for T'Challa to show up at the last minute. She tells him that he never has time for her, got her on ignore and says mutants first, must save the multiverse(Time Runs Out Again?!).

BP gives her the sword, they give each other sideways eyes, he closes the portal and Storm sits in a field with Logan and Illyana waiting.

Not exactly a healthy relationship.

Quote Originally Posted by chief12d View Post
    They're preemptively building material for a BP-Storm romance if the MCU ends up going in that direction. That's why you have this will they won't they dynamic right now where Storm appears prominently for a few issues of BP and then she's virtually a non-factor when he goes to space. The X-Men are building Storm plots around her relationship to Wakanda for the same reason but on the other hand they're trying to make clear mutants her priority.

X-Men Red, this issue, very likely the next big story for her, etc are all part of having their cake and eating it too, just like the BP books. It's unprofessional but in the event that Marvel does pair them up the comics division is seeding new stories and directions that the MCU can take inspiration from. It also helps that if a portion of people who like the movie relationship want to see it in the comics, Marvel has recent material out with them in a romantic light.
    They're preemptively building material for Real Housewives of Krakoa - Storm, Emma, Jean and Bobby.

Quote Originally Posted by Marvell2100 View Post
    I don't think Marvel has any big plans for Storm and BP being together in a normal relationship. They seem to like the dysfunction, drama and love-hate tension.

Create a sword from Wakandan lore that Storm needs in an X-event. The sword is so important that to remove it throws Wakanda into some kind of civil war(what?).

So, Storm can't reach BP, goes to Wakanda, receives a gracious welcome, asks for the sword(which she intends to steal anyway), gets turned down andthey tell her to wait for T'Challa to arrive.

She puts on her Catwoman suit, steals the sword, gets caught, fights Shuri and gets ready to leave only for T'Challa to show up at the last minute. She tells him that he never has time for her, got her on ignore and says mutants first, must save the multiverse(Time Runs Out Again?!).

BP gives her the sword, they give each other sideways eyes, he closes the portal and Storm sits in a field with Logan and Illyana waiting.

They're preemptively building material for Real Housewives of Krakoa - Storm, Emma, Jean and Bobby.

Completely agree with you. The story made no sense and it was illogical.
    Last edited by The92Ghost; 10-09-2020 at 10:32 AM.

Incredible Member

Just wanted to make a post of how powerful Hadari Yao is.

1: Haven with Fetus Adversary had a plane of reality (pocket dimension) which half of you stood in all of creation and nothing simultaneously. As she stated her dimension was a NEXUS between worlds. Keep in mind Adversary was nerfed from being a fetus. Adversary being reborn had to gather all his chaos energy from being weak.

RCO071_1574928539.jpg

RCO070_1574928539.jpg

2. It's still stated that Adversary is obsessed with reality-warping 616 universe to his standard. It does go on to say that Adverary is a Pan-Dimensional being. Which means he is the embodiment of all of the Adversary's in the multiverse in a physical body. AKA a multiversal being
    016 (4).jpg

TBC

Incredible Member

more below
    Last edited by KLY360; 10-09-2020 at 10:57 AM.

Incredible Member

3. It is stated he can reality warp anything in the whole wide universe. Tabitha even stated her contact lense. Keep in mind a Black Hole the size of a nickel are powerful enough to destroy planets.
    009 (1).jpg

4. He took full control of the Starlight Citadel. Reality Warping it. The Starlight citadel is a nexus of all dimension in the multiverse.

https://2.bp.blogspot.com/9vXc2ZHTqx...Vkq5zhff=s1600

https://2.bp.blogspot.com/ETL2gJWmXQ...gTgfV_VR=s1600

4. Part 2 While weaken Adversary will had full control of the Starlight Citadel. Also in this scan Rogue absorbed Adversary powers and could not even overpower him.

https://2.bp.blogspot.com/kHpw8dE-Tp...eVkT2FL7=s1600

5. He defeated a full powered Roma and laughed off her attacks.
    https://2.bp.blogspot.com/gVw0qL0c9r...lGWELd5g=s1600
    https://2.bp.blogspot.com/9X3DRbFytu...gLN4Ab9I=s1600

Roma feats
    -Has excess to mystical energies of a pan dimensional realm. Which can power a nexus and Corp (which stretch throughout the multiverse)
    -Stated her own powers equal and title "Multiversal Guardian" and more while she was facing off with the Chaos Wave
    -Reality Warped the entire Starlight Citadel(a nexus to every dimension in the multiverse) to throw Merlyn off
    -Over powered and tank Mastermind with amulet of right and sword of might. Together have the power to destroy Otherworld (pan dimensional realm) and split the multiverse in half

6. The universe can't function without Adversary
    https://2.bp.blogspot.com/XX_egQ6nND...PZ441-89=s1600
    7. His phyiscal form tanked molecular dispersion cannon. Which tears apart at a cellular level
    http://2.bp.blogspot.com/ua9OABs3QgH...gPkHy-Da=s1600
    http://2.bp.blogspot.com/ua9OABs3QgH...gPkHy-Da=s1600

Incredible Member

7. Forge magic powers also stalemated morals off Magik in her LIMBO. Keep in mind Forge needed a spell created to Adversary just to defeat him.
    It is also stated that Adversary blocked Darkchylde Magik powers.

https://2.bp.blogspot.com/r2vXScu9sv...iggw5w-Z=s1600
    https://2.bp.blogspot.com/J8ocNYgC88...mZHF4I7W=s1600

Okay, we have Adversary basically being universal to multiversal being.

Hadari Yao faced a much powerful Adversary amped by worship.

She also obliterated his physical form. The one that can tank molecular dispersion at a cellular level.
    Last edited by KLY360; 10-09-2020 at 11:12 AM.

Astonishing Member

Not Bobby lol!

But I agree the relationship isn't getting resolved until the MCU presents long-term alternatives and puts it to rest. The comics will keep playing this toxic dynamic, especially since it really serves more to the benefit of Storm at this point than T'Challa.

She doesn't have much of her own lore, or rather it's so miniscule and poorly known that it's just easier stealing stuff from her ex's mythos. So every few years we can expect this "I'm a strong black woman!" type of story where she simultaneously breaks things off with T'Challa but continues to be integrated into his franchise. First it's a magical sword next time it'll be some tech that can conspicuously only be found in Wakanda .
    Last edited by chief12d; 10-09-2020 at 11:30 AM.

I think there is a bigger plan for BP and Storm.
    The XOffice invented a whole Wakandian Sword just for her.
    If they had no plans for BP&Storm , I don't think they would involved them. They could of just invented a whole new Sword just for her. We already talking about the Bonesword for her already.
    I did take notice in the issue they were flashing through her history and not one time did the show the marriage or anything BP related. Which lmk that XOffice is reclaiming their Storm Back. But as I read Hickman work and anytime BP or Wakanda is mention it seems to be on good terms. So no fear. Will see the Royal couple together again . Sometime soon.

I think there is a bigger plan for BP and Storm.
    The XOffice invented a whole Wakandian Sword just for her.
    If they had no plans for BP&Storm , I don't think they would involved them. They could of just invented a whole new Sword just for her. We already talking about the Bonesword for her already.
    I did take notice in the issue they were flashing through her history and not one time did the show the marriage or anything BP related. Which lmk that XOffice is reclaiming their Storm Back. But as I read Hickman work and anytime BP or Wakanda is mention it seems to be on good terms. So no fear. Will see the Royal couple together again . Sometime soon.

LuY2oDvdKf3KvYgazo5P7g-1200-80.jpg

So I guess we were right in some small way. It looks like Storm and mystery lady will be engaged with one another.

Everything Fades Away... butterflykyss's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by GuiltyPleasure View Post
    I tried to send you a link via a PM. You gotta clear some of your messages. LOL. Have you been storing those things since the time of Claremont?
    lololol I just cleared up some more space

you're stating nothing but facts. its good to see that a lot of readers saw the many problems with this issue.
    ALL HAIL THE HADARI YAO, THE OMEGA'S OMEGA, BEYOND OMEGA, THE VOICE OF SOL!!!! NOW AGAIN THE ONE TRUE AND ONLY GODDESS OF THE X-MEN AS CLAREMONT INTENDED!!!!!

Everything Fades Away... butterflykyss's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by KLY360 View Post
    Just wanted to make a post of how powerful Hadari Yao is.

1: Haven with Fetus Adversary had a plane of reality (pocket dimension) which half of you stood in all of creation and nothing simultaneously. As she stated her dimension was a NEXUS between worlds. Keep in mind Adversary was nerfed from being a fetus. Adversary being reborn had to gather all his chaos energy from being weak.

RCO071_1574928539.jpg

RCO070_1574928539.jpg

2. It's still stated that Adversary is obsessed with reality-warping 616 universe to his standard. It does go on to say that Adverary is a Pan-Dimensional being. Which means he is the embodiment of all of the Adversary's in the multiverse in a physical body. AKA a multiversal being
    016 (4).jpg

TBC
    thank you for your detailed analysis on the powers that lie beneath miss ro' relative to the hadari yao storyline. im honestly not sure when, if ever, it will be referenced again. if there is no mention of it in the wakandan centered issue its improbable that we would see such a reference within the xbooks.

and also wanted to point out you are really knowledgeable please continue to share your thoughts here!!!
    Last edited by butterflykyss; 10-09-2020 at 01:46 PM.
    ALL HAIL THE HADARI YAO, THE OMEGA'S OMEGA, BEYOND OMEGA, THE VOICE OF SOL!!!! NOW AGAIN THE ONE TRUE AND ONLY GODDESS OF THE X-MEN AS CLAREMONT INTENDED!!!!!

Did Ororo adopt a white version of her costume so she could switch to a black costume in her heist to steal the sword and then went back to her original black costume anyway by the issue end?
    Ommadon: “By summoning all the dark powers I will infest the spirit of man So that he uses his science and logic to destroy himself. Greed and avarice shall prevail, and those who do not hear my words shall pay the price. I'll teach man to use his machines, I'll show him what distorted science can give birth to. I'll teach him to fly like a fairy, and I'll give him the ultimate answer to all his science can ask. And the world will be free for my magic again.”