Page 539 of 613 FirstFirst ... 39439489529535536537538539540541542543549589 ... LastLast
Results 8,071 to 8,085 of 9190
    Everything Fades Away... butterflykyss's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Marvell2100 View Post
    BK, I hope you are well rewarded for your devotion.

As far as Storm and Marauders #13, all I will say is this: Vita completed the assignment handed to them.
    so as long as Storm is controlled by the xoffices that will never happen.

and vita definitely did even though the entire story was OOC PIS. as I've said the xoffices definitely did me a favor they saving me money.

oan: are people really saying storm sales better than black panther lolol that's hilarious.
    ALL HAIL THE HADARI YAO, THE OMEGA'S OMEGA, BEYOND OMEGA, THE VOICE OF SOL!!!! NOW AGAIN THE ONE TRUE AND ONLY GODDESS OF THE X-MEN AS CLAREMONT INTENDED!!!!!

Sarveśām Svastir Bhavatu Devaishwarya's Avatar

@Mekk80s

Bruv...

I am a BP fan. I'm not a fan of Coates' writing...at all.
    Storm is one of my absolute favourite X-characters.
    As a comic-book fan in general, not specifically of one franchise and one character and a reader of quite some years, I can appreciate and understand when character stories/development don't go as intended, anticipated and expected. If I think it's written well...I am always happy and willing to "go with the flow".

For example...
    I'm sure if they had depowered Storm today the resulting vitriol would have obliterated the internet. (I believe there was a great deal of fan disappointment back in the day to her going punk and losing her powers) But Claremont wrote her story so well that powerless Storm is and always will be iconic to me.

Fun, silly story speculations aside...I simply refuse to wallow in angst and disappointment on issues and character developments over which I have no control or personal stake other than my enjoyment. All that internalising/in between-the-lines/behind office doors stuff that you mention is, objectively, of no interest to me whatsoever. At the end of the day, I read these books and characters for enjoyment when I no longer feel the joy, I just set it aside and move on to something else (because X-Men aren't the only books I read nor is Storm the only character I love.)

All that just to say...I view this Storm/BP issue with healthy, if somewhat apathetic, detachment.
    Last edited by Devaishwarya; 10-31-2020 at 01:53 PM.
    Lord Ewing *Praise His name! Uplift Him in song!* Your divine works will be remembered and glorified in worship for all eternity. Amen!

Spectacular Member

Quote Originally Posted by Devaishwarya View Post
    @Mekk80s

Bruv...

As a comic-book fan in general, not specifically of one franchise and one character and a reader of quite some years, I can appreciate and understand when character stories/development don't go as intended, anticipated and expected. If I think it's written well...I am always happy and willing to "go with the flow".

For example...
    I'm sure if they had depowered Storm today the resulting vitriol would have obliterated the internet. (I believe there was a great deal of fan disappointment back in the day to her going punk and losing her powers) But Claremont wrote her story so well that powerless Storm is and always will be iconic to me.

Fun, silly story speculations aside...I simply refuse to wallow in angst and disappointment on issues and character developments over which I have no control or personal stake other than my enjoyment. All that internalising/in between-the-lines/behind office doors stuff that you mention is, objectively, of no interest to me whatsoever. At the end of the day, I read these books and characters for enjoyment when I no longer feel the joy, I just set it aside and move on to something else (because X-Men aren't the only books I read nor is Storm the only character I love.)

All that just to say...I view this Storm/BP issue with healthy, if somewhat apathetic, detachment.
    Hey, it is what it is mate my overall point is not to be ok with the okie doke. That's cool that you enjoy stories for what they are and my previous comment was more aimed at people in this thread that undermine and over exaggerate certain situation's but like i said before "I see bullshi i call out bullshi". Ever since i joined this thing back in early 2020 i made sure i was clear on my intentions as a fan of storm, we don't do bias over here so my approach on things is down the middle. My points about these writers may not interest you and that's cool because your interest isn't a concern to me but i make yall aware of the **** these writers pump out just so people have an understanding of how these modern day comic writers go about doing things, that's why I appreciate Butterflykyss who may be a storm fan as well but knows and see's bullcrap when it's obvious and stuff like that is important. You can be proactive without taking sides, the things i brought up along with Chief, Marvell, Skyvolt and Bk are relevant in this this thread. We all want different things like i stated before but it's clear not everyone is on the same page which is common in fandoms but there also needs to be a balance and a silver lining. Not everyone can be as neutrally positive as you are Davish and i respect it (Tho it might not matter from some random like me but whatever) while on the other there's just certain things you nor I or anyone else should b ok and fall in line with and Marauders 13 is a prime example of what i've been saying since yesterday, I'm just sitting, watching and waiting because like i also said before these chumps make it too easy so i be ready at all cost. I want Ro to succeed as a character more than anyone but damn sure not like this but whatevs homie G.

From a detached if not wholly unbiased perspective (Marauders has been one of my favourite DoX books from the start)...I thought M13 was well-written, beauty-fully illustrated with a very strong showing of Storm's character and powers. What was there to not "fall in line" and be "okie-dokie" with?
    Lord Ewing *Praise His name! Uplift Him in song!* Your divine works will be remembered and glorified in worship for all eternity. Amen!

Spectacular Member

From a detached if not wholly unbiased perspective (Marauders has been one of my favourite DoX books from the start)...I thought M13 was well-written, beauty-fully illustrated with a very strong showing of Storm's character and powers. What was there to not "fall in line" and be "okie-dokie" with?
    I mean if you thought it was a good book then hey by all means i can't change your mind. From my perspective though compared to yours is the complete opposite and the only things showcased was impatience, unneeded angst and drama that shouldn't have occurred in the first place, falling in line with the okie doke is pretty much what I've constantly been saying and was displayed in that book in the last few pages which in terms of storms character is unwanted unneeded animosity just for the sake of plot. But i'll leave it at that and take it however you want and if you don't then well (shrug) i said my peace.

Very well. And most certainly.

@Mekk80s

Bruv...

For example...

Preach! You say this way more diplomatic than i ever could. At the end of the day it isn't even about Storm it's about me and what i'm wiling to tolerate to enjoy the character and right now it's feeling real easy.
    Don't let anyone else hold the candle that lights the way to your future because only you can sustain the flame.
    Number of People on my ignore list: 0
    #conceptualthinking ^_^
    #ByeMarvEN

Into the breach.
    https://www.instagram.com/jartist27/

@Mekk80s

Bruv...

For example...

This perfectly states my view point also. Well stated.

Interested in Storm and Death's relationship and how they're encounter will play out...
    Her death card kind of sounded like a ascension note to me?

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Stormultt Divine View Post
    Interested in Storm and Death's relationship and how they're encounter will play out...
    Her death card kind of sounded like a ascension note to me?
    Err?!? I though Ororo had ascended already.

Everything Fades Away... butterflykyss's Avatar

jade Cargill

ALL HAIL THE HADARI YAO, THE OMEGA'S OMEGA, BEYOND OMEGA, THE VOICE OF SOL!!!! NOW AGAIN THE ONE TRUE AND ONLY GODDESS OF THE X-MEN AS CLAREMONT INTENDED!!!!!

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Micabe View Post
    Err?!? I though Ororo had ascended already.
    She did in the pages of Black Panther so maybe we'll see her ascend again or go into more depth about how she did it in the first place. Or it could be less a literal metamorphosis and just her taking on some kind of new role. Maybe she takes Death's place as the Horseman of Death.

I've also seen a theory that Storm becomes the new Apocalypse, as it's been hinted that the current Apocalypse is holding a mantle as opposed to giving himself that name. He's like the 8th guy to hold that title so maybe Storm succeeds him if he dies or something.

Quote Originally Posted by chief12d View Post
    She did in the pages of Black Panther so maybe we'll see her ascend again or go into more depth about how she did it in the first place. Or it could be less a literal metamorphosis and just her taking on some kind of new role. Maybe she takes Death's place as the Horseman of Death.

I've also seen a theory that Storm becomes the new Apocalypse, as it's been hinted that the current Apocalypse is holding a mantle as opposed to giving himself that name. He's like the 8th guy to hold that title so maybe Storm succeeds him if he dies or something.
    That could be interesting as Storm's always been more closely associated with life aspects( nurturing, motherly, etc.) for lack of a better terminology.

Although she hasn't hesitated to kill before so there's always the potential.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by chief12d View Post

Quote Originally Posted by butterflykyss View Post
    jade Cargill

Loving it. If only the cape was split winged.