Page 540 of 613 FirstFirst ... 40440490530536537538539540541542543544550590 ... LastLast
Results 8,086 to 8,100 of 9190

Quote Originally Posted by Micabe View Post
    This actually genuinely made me laugh out loud. lol.
    Don't let anyone else hold the candle that lights the way to your future because only you can sustain the flame.
    Number of People on my ignore list: 0
    #conceptualthinking ^_^
    #ByeMarvEN

Into the breach.
    https://www.instagram.com/jartist27/

Fantastic Member

Quote Originally Posted by Micabe View Post
    Lol what is it? And where does it come from? LOL

Quote Originally Posted by Stormrocks View Post
    Meh. Now that she's free of the Black Panther they can have her shine without digging into his mythos. Regardless of her status with BP, I am enjoying the current X-Men stories as a whole and Storm's part in X of Swords. They are setting up something for Storm and thus far I am still excited about it. Bring on the stories I say. Let's see where they are taking the character
    100% agreed! I am enjoying the DoX/HoX/PoX and this specific event immensely. Itvhas been a longtime since X-books have this excited. I want to see where this goes for Storm.
    Be the change you wish to see in the world.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Marvell2100 View Post
    That could be interesting as Storm's always been more closely associated with life aspects( nurturing, motherly, etc.) for lack of a better terminology.

Although she hasn't hesitated to kill before so there's always the potential.
    Exactly and the thing is Storm's always had the duality even where her powers are concerned. She can nurture gardens and calm storms or freeze continents and burn forests. She's always been about the balance between life and death so maybe this transformation (physical or political) pushes her more towards the latter.

We're even gonna be seeing her go back to some of those grimier aspects of her character in Marauders #17, where she's gonna be taking on Callisto, so who knows what personality/power changes she may undergo in XoS. She's definitely one of those characters that would benefit from gaining some edge and some kind of death in Otherworld is the perfect time to make that shift. How that feeds into her "big" story in 2021 remains to be seen, but the potential is there if they don't squander it with relationship BS and agendas for other characters.

Quote Originally Posted by chief12d View Post
    Exactly and the thing is Storm's always had the duality even where her powers are concerned. She can nurture gardens and calm storms or freeze continents and burn forests. She's always been about the balance between life and death so maybe this transformation (physical or political) pushes her more towards the latter.

We're even gonna be seeing her go back to some of those grimier aspects of her character in Marauders #17, where she's gonna be taking on Callisto, so who knows what personality/power changes she may undergo in XoS. She's definitely one of those characters that would benefit from gaining some edge and some kind of death in Otherworld is the perfect time to make that shift. How that feeds into her "big" story in 2021 remains to be seen, but the potential is there if they don't squander it with relationship BS and agendas for other characters.
    Yeah, this can be a potential game changer for her status. If she were to take over the Death position, I don't think that she would aligned herself with the Horseman or even Krakoa for that matter. Like you said, there's the duality of life/death that will become apart of her persona and she may begin to see things differently than either side.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by jwatson View Post
    This actually genuinely made me laugh out loud. lol.
    Quote Originally Posted by Sdawg View Post
    Lol what is it? And where does it come from? LOL
    It's Jean Grey with the power(s) of Apocalypse and it's from X-Termination #2 (2013)
    Last edited by Micabe; 11-01-2020 at 08:47 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by butterflykyss View Post
    jade Cargill

A little to muscular for my taste but I can actually she her playing Joanna "Frenzy" Cargill...pun intended.
    Some of us wait, some of us act.

My need for black love in media often outweighs the fact I really don't care for Storm and T'Challa.
    I think Coates handles Storm really well but I find the relationship between them boring and does little to benefit either character. It doesn't push them or makes them show different sides of who they are, it's just so vanilla and boring.
    I honestly only like it because they are both such prominent black superheroes and that shouldn't be all there is to a relationship.
    Be sure to check out the Invisible Woman appreciation thread!

Astonishing Member OopsIdiditagain's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Crimz View Post
    My need for black love in media often outweighs the fact I really don't care for Storm and T'Challa.
    I think Coates handles Storm really well but I find the relationship between them boring and does little to benefit either character. It doesn't push them or makes them show different sides of who they are, it's just so vanilla and boring.
    I honestly only like it because they are both such prominent black superheroes and that shouldn't be all there is to a relationship.

I'd rather marvel make a new black love interest for Storm than try to revive T'challa/Storm. They're just too much melodrama and have crossed each others lines too many times.
    december 21st has passed where are my superpowers?

Spectacular Member

Your whole summary really comes down to writing and overall execution chief. "Black love" in modern american media mainly comic's is practically non existent and if you're looking for something like that then well you'd be better off playing roulette with a partially loaded revolver, You say you only like the relationship because they're both black and prominent and by that logic show's there's no room for a black relationship in comic's at all. Everything you mentioned comes back to writing and just overall execution of the concept at hand and i doubt really you're that needy or desperate for "black love" in media like you claim if that's all you got out that pairing. It's actually pretty said really but as a Black male myself i don't expect nothing from American media.

Spectacular Member

Quote Originally Posted by OopsIdiditagain View Post
    I'd rather marvel make a new black love interest for Storm than try to revive T'challa/Storm. They're just too much melodrama and have crossed each others lines too many times.
    In storms case that's highly unlikely

Quote Originally Posted by Mekk80s View Post
    Your whole summary really comes down to writing and overall execution chief. "Black love" in modern american media mainly comic's is practically non existent and if you're looking for something like that then well you'd be better off playing roulette with a partially loaded revolver, You say you only like the relationship because they're both black and prominent and by that logic show's there's no room for a black relationship in comic's at all. Everything you mentioned comes back to writing and just overall execution of the concept at hand and i doubt really you're that needy or desperate for "black love" in media like you claim if that's all you got out that pairing. It's actually pretty said really but as a Black male myself i don't expect nothing from American media.
    Of course it comes down to writing... Everything does.

I just think this pairing has always been lacking and I've overlooked it for a long time because they're both black. I don't how my realization of this suddenly means that there is no room for any black relationships in comics. Quite a huge leap there...

Also, get over yourself with the bold, seriously. I don't need a stranger trying to interpret my thoughts based on a single post.
    Be sure to check out the Invisible Woman appreciation thread!

Spectacular Member

Of course it comes down to writing... Everything does.

I just think this pairing has always been lacking and I've overlooked it for a long time because they're both black. I don't how my realization of this suddenly means that there is no room for any black relationships in comics. Quite a huge leap there...

Also, get over yourself with the bold, seriously. I don't need a stranger trying to interpret my thoughts based on a single post.
    I didn't realize that's how bold lettering works on this website, that's the first time I've done that here. No need to get frisky bruv i'm just telling you the reality of the situation, if you didn't like the relationship no one's gonna shame you for said thoughts to me it's subjective talking point anyway cause almost everyone has different views on the subject matter. It's not about your realization because i've always thought that, be honest with yourself though the black love concept in American comic's is honestly non existent and i said what i said for a reason as i don't expect these companies to go out of they're way to do all that stuff in the first place. I mean, don't know how to word that any less stingy so oh well.

Quote Originally Posted by Mekk80s View Post
    I didn't realize that's how bold lettering works on this website, that's the first time I've done that here. No need to get frisky bruv i'm just telling you the reality of the situation, if you didn't like the relationship no one's gonna shame you for said thoughts to me it's subjective talking point anyway cause almost everyone has different views on the subject matter. It's not about your realization because i've always thought that, be honest with yourself though the black love concept in American comic's is honestly non existent and i said what i said for a reason as i don't expect these companies to go out of they're way to do all that stuff in the first place. I mean, don't know how to word that any less stingy so oh well.
    Serious question I'm a black american and I really don't get what this black love is suppose to be. I grew up with both my parents my mother is black and was born in anericanh father was from Jamaica they were married my whole life and have had ups and downs but always had each other back. My father would not have sat down if a man told him to if his wife was leaving upset. I never saw my father tell my mother to be less than. And if we spoke against him or her the other was ready to swoop in with righteous justice and there were 6 I'd us before he sent for his first three children from his relationship back home and brought them all here and bought a house for us to live in. Then when he got suck with diabetics and oarkiskn, I had an older dad she still stuck by him to me I saw love love never once did it cross my mind it was black love. I feel that's a desperate media invention by some black people to keep our women from exploring good men instead if just black men. Jmo though
    Don't let anyone else hold the candle that lights the way to your future because only you can sustain the flame.
    Number of People on my ignore list: 0
    #conceptualthinking ^_^
    #ByeMarvEN

Into the breach.
    https://www.instagram.com/jartist27/

Spectacular Member

Quote Originally Posted by jwatson View Post
    Serious question I'm a black american and I really don't get what this black love is suppose to be. I grew up with both my parents my mother is black and was born in anericanh father was from Jamaica they were married my whole life and have had ups and downs but always had each other back. My father would not have sat down if a man told him to if his wife was leaving upset. I never saw my father tell my mother to be less than. And if we spoke against him or her the other was ready to swoop in with righteous justice and there were 6 I'd us before he sent for his first three children from his relationship back home and brought them all here and bought a house for us to live in. Then when he got suck with diabetics and oarkiskn, I had an older dad she still stuck by him to me I saw love love never once did it cross my mind it was black love. I feel that's a desperate media invention by some black people to keep our women from exploring good men instead if just black men. Jmo though
    It's not something complex to think about so i'll explain the best i can. In terms of the romance angle is the feelings "black" people have toward one another basically that supersedes your typical "love is love" concept because it's the showing of 2 people from a marginalized race in America that showcases a form of unity and positivity amongst bedlam and chaos which is something pretty important in the world we live in today especially if you have an understanding of "black" peoples history as State American's.