Page 549 of 613 FirstFirst ... 49449499539545546547548549550551552553559599 ... LastLast
Results 8,221 to 8,235 of 9190

Quote Originally Posted by Marvell2100 View Post
    Okay, I will try to use my calm voice when I say this....What the frak is Coates doing that's keeping him busy? We can't get two issues of BP to close out his run but he's steady doing Captain America?

If two issues of BP are the only thing that's stopping him from doing a Storm solo then he don't need to do them. We don't want 'em.
    Maybe some executive meddling from behind the scenes? Anyone’s guess at this point but I just want things to hurry up and be over.
    T'Challa
    A.K.A. The Black Panther
    King of Wakanda
    King of the Dead and The Champion of Bast
    Two-Time Time Magazine "Person Of The Year"
    Six-Time People Magazine "Sexiest Man Alive"

Quote Originally Posted by chief12d View Post
    If it's any consolation I think the X-Men editor said that Coates will eventually write a Storm solo when he's less busy. It's possible that after Hickman's run is over maybe the X-Office will let her spread her wings a bit, though that still may not include T'Challa, especially if he's off doing his own thing.

And I honestly think that Death isn't a bad second option lol. It's plenty of people that settle in real life, if Storm can't be with T'Challa the least she can do is find another powerful black man to be with and Death seems like just that. Loads of storytelling possibilities with them as a couple and even better, Storm would be the one with top-billing.
    VETO! NO THANK YOU! Jordan D. White, Johnathan Hickman, Soap Gods, Nate Grey Ororo Miunroe, ANBODY! PLEASE! Do not let this man anywhere near a Storm solo. Please and thank you.

As for X of Swords it suprises me a bit that people who have said the x-men lack diversity and have been advocates of black romance don't seem to be more excited by an entire group of powerful nigh immortal mutants of color have not only joined the canvas but have been protecting the world for thousands of years. But i guess you can't please them all. Storm and Death are definitely a bit intriguing but i prefer Ororo as a hit it and quit or tease it and don't get with it type. Let her be single for awhile.
    Don't let anyone else hold the candle that lights the way to your future because only you can sustain the flame.
    Number of People on my ignore list: 0
    #conceptualthinking ^_^
    #ByeMarvEN

Into the breach.
    https://www.instagram.com/jartist27/

BANNED

I'm pretty sure these last issues of Black Panther are finished. Marvel did the sme with last issue of Fraction's Hawkeye and Bendis X-man

I really also don't understand this concept of the x-offices needing to milk Wakanda or tchalla? It's like for what? There was no Tchalla in Giant Size Xmen storm and it sold like 60,000 copies so i just don't get the narrative of mining BP for drama. IT's not like it's bringing in any sales, and i'm not saying this to be shady or anything but i can't remember a post of an X-fan other than Storm fans saying more Wakanda.
    Don't let anyone else hold the candle that lights the way to your future because only you can sustain the flame.
    #conceptualthinking ^_^
    #ByeMarvEN

Into the breach.

Astonishing Member

Okay, I will try to use my calm voice when I say this....What the frak is Coates doing that's keeping him busy? We can't get two issues of BP to close out his run but he's steady doing Captain America?

If two issues of BP are the only thing that's stopping him from doing a Storm solo then he don't need to do them. We don't want 'em.
    The man wrote a novel and I think he still has a journalism career. Writing bad comics is just a side gig lol. I personally think he and Marvel are at an impasse over how to finish his Black Panther. That and they're trying to figure out how to make it profitable.

And I think with the Storm solo he hasn't fully figured out what he wants to do and even if he did he won't be allowed to write it until Hickman finishes his saga. So it's a bunch of factors, but especially him not having time to write all these damn comics.

The man wrote a novel and I think he still has a journalism career. Writing bad comics is just a side gig lol. I personally think he and Marvel are at an impasse over how to finish his Black Panther. That and they're trying to figure out how to make it profitable.

And I think with the Storm solo he hasn't fully figured out what he wants to do and even if he did he won't be allowed to write it until Hickman finishes his saga. So it's a bunch of factors, but especially him not having time to write all these damn comics.
    Lol...how to make it profitable, lol. Okay, I'll stop.

A Storm solo should follow along the vein of what I said for an X-Nation title imo.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by jwatson View Post
    VETO! NO THANK YOU! Jordan D. White, Johnathan Hickman, Soap Gods, Nate Grey Ororo Miunroe, ANBODY! PLEASE! Do not let this man anywhere near a Storm solo. Please and thank you.

As for X of Swords it suprises me a bit that people who have said the x-men lack diversity and have been advocates of black romance don't seem to be more excited by an entire group of powerful nigh immortal mutants of color have not only joined the canvas but have been protecting the world for thousands of years. But i guess you can't please them all. Storm and Death are definitely a bit intriguing but i prefer Ororo as a hit it and quit or tease it and don't get with it type. Let her be single for awhile.
    Eh, Coates has done better comics than Black Panther, his Captain America run was fine for a good 10 issues or so lol. If he tried his hand at a Storm maxi I wouldn't be mad at it as long as he kept her away from T'Challa. He clearly loves the character and if he had a concrete beginning, middle, and end I feel he'd do something decent with her.

X of Swords has been great for diversity, hopefully it persists after this event and isn't left to the wayside. There's no reason some of these high-power, ancient black mutants can't carve out a space in the X-Men mythos. Hopefully they continue to get developed and become more than just color designs and unique powers. There's definitely a lot of emphasis on Isca and the Horsemen so I think there's a good chance we'll be seeing more of them at least.

I really also don't understand this concept of the x-offices needing to milk Wakanda or tchalla? It's like for what? There was no Tchalla in Giant Size Xmen storm and it sold like 60,000 copies so i just don't get the narrative of mining BP for drama. IT's not like it's bringing in any sales, and i'm not saying this to be shady or anything but i can't remember a post of an X-fan other than Storm fans saying more Wakanda.
    The same reason why despite T'Challa doing 200,000+ Marvel decided to put him back with Storm. Neither of them need each other in order to be self-sufficient and relevant characters, but Marvel likes to nick at the "romance" for drama and interest. I can't speak to whether it increases sales but I don't see why they'd create the tension they did in Marauders if they didn't want to exploit it.

They could've easily had Storm break up with him off-panel or something but instead they made a spectacle of the break up and left it open-ended in ways that would promote conflict. Hypothetically at least. Such a conflict would fuel Storm's arc because as I've said before, up until very recently the X-office didn't know what to do with Storm unless it relates back to T'Challa. Or at least the only good storytelling she got was when she was with him.

Maybe I'm wrong and all the red flags about the sword sparking a war between Wakanda and Krakoa are going to be handwaved away, but if I'm not I'd obviously say the tension was done to give Storm something to do. Because surely it wouldn't be because the X-office likes T'Challa lol. I like to think that the big Storm story next year isn't something relating to Wakanda but we'll see going forward how creative the X-office can be.

Eh, Coates has done better comics than Black Panther, his Captain America run was fine for a good 10 issues or so lol. If he tried his hand at a Storm maxi I wouldn't be mad at it as long as he kept her away from T'Challa. He clearly loves the character and if he had a concrete beginning, middle, and end I feel he'd do something decent with her.

X of Swords has been great for diversity, hopefully it persists after this event and isn't left to the wayside. There's no reason some of these high-power, ancient black mutants can't carve out a space in the X-Men mythos. Hopefully they continue to get developed and become more than just color designs and unique powers. There's definitely a lot of emphasis on Isca and the Horsemen so I think there's a good chance we'll be seeing more of them at least.

The same reason why despite T'Challa doing 200,000+ Marvel decided to put him back with Storm. Neither of them need each other in order to be self-sufficient and relevant characters, but Marvel likes to nick at the "romance" for drama and interest. I can't speak to whether it increases sales but I don't see why they'd create the tension they did in Marauders if they didn't want to exploit it.

They could've easily had Storm break up with him off-panel or something but instead they made a spectacle of the break up and left it open-ended in ways that would promote conflict. Hypothetically at least. Such a conflict would fuel Storm's arc because as I've said before, up until very recently the X-office didn't know what to do with Storm unless it relates back to T'Challa. Or at least the only good storytelling she got was when she was with him.

Maybe I'm wrong and all the red flags about the sword sparking a war between Wakanda and Krakoa are going to be handwaved away, but if I'm not I'd obviously say the tension was done to give Storm something to do. Because surely it wouldn't be because the X-office likes T'Challa lol. I like to think that the big Storm story next year isn't something relating to Wakanda but we'll see going forward how creative the X-office can be.
    I don't want Coates on a storm book and i read his Captain America and i really wasn't impressed. Did he have some decent moments? Sure? But the issues i read Sharon seemed more like the star of the book to me and beyond that certain scenes left a bad taste in my mouth like selling the humans and cap and falcon saving the sellers before they paid attention to those being sold. The book also drags quite a bit i dropped it after Shuri helped fix Sharon. I also don't like his charecterization of Storm, the goddess angle being explored to be is just one aspect of Storm and it's not worth it to deal with his interpretation of the character and i am definitely no fan of his let another woman have my man who has actually been nothing but good to me this time around.

As for the break up i think it was just out of respect for coates and whatever he is doing and i am sure hickman pulled storm back into the x franchise fully and i for one and glad it happened. I don't know what deal hudlin made with bet and marvel or the exact specifics but i have read interviews where it was heavily implied storm wasn't as available as people seem to want to say and it was more than people not just wanting to use the character but being afraid their stories can be unpended. I also feel it was done because it needed to happen. LEt's be honest tchalla was barely ever mentioned in extraodinary xmen or before that nor was any part of wakanda until the BP books chose to use Storm again and for the better part of a few years now they have not interferred and aside from the gambit kiss for the most part respected what was happening. I don't think anyone in the x-office is clamoring to revisit wakanda right now in regard to Storm. The writer of the book she is in already has her flirting.

And let me be clear since i wasn't buying cap, drop mean when i'm asked if i want to read it i say "no" now in this case. I dropped coates completely after the "take my man" story.
    Last edited by jwatson; 11-09-2020 at 06:04 PM.
    #conceptualthinking ^_^
    #ByeMarvEN

Into the breach.

BANNED

i really like oates Captain America, probably the best run from the decade or really close in quality with Waid issues.
    Sharon is also having development, it is not like she is the str of all issues. She is a important supporting chaarcter so she getting the spotlight is very welcomed

Astonishing Member

I don't want Coates on a storm book and i read his Captain America and i really wasn't impressed. Did he have some decent moments? Sure? But the issues i read Sharon seemed more like the star of the book to me and beyond that certain scenes left a bad taste in my mouth like selling the humans and cap and falcon saving the sellers before they paid attention to those being sold. The book also drags quite a bit i dropped it after Shuri helped fix Sharon. I also don't like his charecterization of Storm, the goddess angle being explored to be is just one aspect of Storm and it's not worth it to deal with his interpretation of the character and i am definitely no fan of his let another woman have my man who has actually been nothing but good to me this time around.

As for the break up i think it was just out of respect for coates and whatever he is doing and i am sure hickman pulled storm back into the x franchise fully and i for one and glad it happened. I don't know what deal hudlin made with bet and marvel or the exact specifics but i have read interviews where it was heavily implied storm wasn't as available as people seem to want to say and it was more than people not just wanting to use the character but being afraid their stories can be unpended. I also feel it was done because it needed to happen. LEt's be honest tchalla was barely ever mentioned in extraodinary xmen or before that nor was any part of wakanda until the BP books chose to use Storm again and for the better part of a few years now they have not interferred and aside from the gambit kiss for the most part respected what was happening. I don't think anyone in the x-office is clamoring to revisit wakanda right now in regard to Storm. The writer of the book she is in already has her flirting.

And let me be clear since i wasn't buying cap, drop mean when i'm asked if i want to read it i say "no" now in this case. I dropped coates completely after the "take my man" story.
    His Cap was decent for a bit but then he fell back into old habits, sidelining the main hero and dragging the pace for fake deepness. Coates isn't a writer that works for every character but idk, maybe he'd hit his stride with Storm. But I completely get not liking him, believe me.

That's kinda what I'm saying though. Storm barely referenced T'Challa when they were dating again and I bet if you asked most X-fans prior to Marauders 13 they wouldn't know she was back with T'Challa. So why not just have her say "I stopped visiting Wakanda" or something lol? A whole break up issue where the obvious implication is that T'Challa could lose his throne and some Wakandans may be aggressive towards Krakoa feels unnecessary if they just wanted Storm back. But hopefully that was the end for good and it wasn't just a stepping stone for more Black Panther in Storm's character arc.

Sarveśām Svastir Bhavatu Devaishwarya's Avatar

His Cap was decent for a bit but then he fell back into old habits, sidelining the main hero and dragging the pace for fake deepness. Coates isn't a writer that works for every character but idk, maybe he'd hit his stride with Storm. But I completely get not liking him, believe me.

That's kinda what I'm saying though. Storm barely referenced T'Challa when they were dating again and I bet if you asked most X-fans prior to Marauders 13 they wouldn't know she was back with T'Challa. So why not just have her say "I stopped visiting Wakanda" or something lol? A whole break up issue where the obvious implication is that T'Challa could lose his throne and some Wakandans may be aggressive towards Krakoa feels unnecessary if they just wanted Storm back. But hopefully that was the end for good and it wasn't just a stepping stone for more Black Panther in Storm's character arc.
    Some readers would still be complaining about disrespect to Storm and disrespect to T'Challa and disrespect to Black Love and "misogynoir"(probably even more so because it happened off-panel) I think writers have realised (thanks to social media) that they will never be able to please and satisfy every fan of every character so they just do what they think is in the best interest of the story...as authors do.
    Lord Ewing *Praise His name! Uplift Him in song!* Your divine works will be remembered and glorified in worship for all eternity. Amen!

Awesome news! Looking forward to this, especially with Claremont in the bill...

https://aiptcomics.com/2020/11/10/ma...february-2021/

Quote Originally Posted by Wind Rider View Post
    Awesome news! Looking forward to this, especially with Claremont in the bill...

https://aiptcomics.com/2020/11/10/ma...february-2021/
    I'm not mad at this. I always wondered if Adam X was related to the Summers brothers. Plus maybe having Claremont exploring he Outback team would be cool.
    Some of us wait, some of us act.

Everything Fades Away... butterflykyss's Avatar

If it's any consolation I think the X-Men editor said that Coates will eventually write a Storm solo when he's less busy. It's possible that after Hickman's run is over maybe the X-Office will let her spread her wings a bit, though that still may not include T'Challa, especially if he's off doing his own thing.

And I honestly think that Death isn't a bad second option lol. It's plenty of people that settle in real life, if Storm can't be with T'Challa the least she can do is find another powerful black man to be with and Death seems like just that. Loads of storytelling possibilities with them as a couple and even better, Storm would be the one with top-billing.
    I never take anything JDW says as serious. This is the same man who said that her powers working in space doesn't make sense.

And not sure what would make Death top billing because as of yet I have not seen anything that would suggest such a thing.

Me personally, I don't think that Storm is a good fit in Marauders. I think they should have created another title, X-Nation where Storm is the lead, that focuses on the cultural and social aspects of Krakoa. It would also show how the everyday people of the world, not just the gov't and zealots view Krakoa. You could even have situations where there are people forming Krakoa cults around the world, modelling themselves after Krakoa.

You would have people actually wanting to be Krakoans but aren't allowed to live there. This would set up an interesting dynamic where some mutants may want humans living on the island and some that don't.
    Marauders has been abysmal for her character. I like your pitch a heck of a lot better than what I've been reading. not xmen gold bad but issue 13 was a big step in the wrong direction in terms of her development.

JDW was not being straight with the readers. if they wanted him to do a storm solo it would happen. a storm solo just isn't in the pipeline thats the reality.
    Last edited by butterflykyss; 11-10-2020 at 10:52 AM.
    ALL HAIL THE HADARI YAO, THE OMEGA'S OMEGA, BEYOND OMEGA, THE VOICE OF SOL!!!! NOW AGAIN THE ONE TRUE AND ONLY GODDESS OF THE X-MEN AS CLAREMONT INTENDED!!!!!

Say hello to Ove the possible son of Storm and Namor...in Captain Marvel #23
    RCO022_1604521582.jpg
    Some of us wait, some of us act.