Page 95 of 123 FirstFirst ... 4585919293949596979899105 ... LastLast
Results 1,411 to 1,425 of 1840
    Marvel's 1st Superhero Reviresco's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by ImperiusWrecked View Post
    It was a nice session, one artist didn't even do Namor! lol, they did Abomination, but Dan's Namor was nicest, it was Namor sitting on a coral throne with little fishes swimming behind him and he had one hand on his temple/face as he looked at you, the inking was wonderful, and also Joe Quesada was there and I asked in the live chat if he was going to give us a new Seashell Namor and he told us the story behind the art was: The guy in charge of the book (I think his name was Chris but I forgot the last name) asked Joe to come draw and even gave Joe the idea of the seashell look, and so it was Chris's idea to go for that outfit and Joe did the art. Joe was working on this art that had Namor rising out of the water with jet's chasing him.
    Oh. I was wondering what that was supposed to be. I thought it was some sort of Creature of the Black Lagoon version of Namor. Abomination makes more sense, as far as it's look. But I'd rather he had done Namor.

I did see what Joe Q was working on. It looked nice, at least what I could see in a quick scan of the video before it was pulled, for editing?

Oh yeah! That editor was Chris Cooper! The black birdwatcher from Central Park. So, he wanted Namor in a sea shell. Interesting. That's great that you could ask questions. Though I doubt mine would have been answered. LOL!

Panosian posted two versions of his Namor piece. It's GORGEOUS!

Namor the Sub-Mariner, Marvel's oldest character, will have been published for 85 years in 2024. So where's my GOOD Namor anniversary ongoing, Marvel?

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by Reviresco View Post
    All right! That's more like it!

And everyone is so shiny.
    When you fight for hours in the Arizona desert even these guys will show some wear. (Those are frames 28 and 33 from a 63 frame slugfest! )

Mighty Member

Oh. I was wondering what that was supposed to be. I thought it was some sort of Creature of the Black Lagoon version of Namor. Abomination makes more sense, as far as it's look. But I'd rather he had done Namor.

I did see what Joe Q was working on. It looked nice, at least what I could see in a quick scan of the video before it was pulled, for editing?

Oh yeah! That editor was Chris Cooper! The black birdwatcher from Central Park. So, he wanted Namor in a sea shell. Interesting. That's great that you could ask questions. Though I doubt mine would have been answered. LOL!

Wow that turned out great! He mentioned he got inspiration from the last scene of Arnold's Conan movie with king Conan sitting in his throne. Panosian is a big fan of that movie. Would love to see the others.

Citizen of Atlantis ImperiusWrecked's Avatar

Ahhhhhhhh! This was the art, I really love it. Thanks for putting it on here Rev!
    "No one should ever question where my allegiance lies." - Namor of Atlantis

I've never heard of that. And none of that was set up in Secret Wars or before. Plus that clearly isn't what Hickman was doing with Namor in that event. Also, I don't think Namor is a favorite of JoeQ at all.
    I can't see Namor being the first Inhuman, obviously. But I can see him having those genes, from any number of ancestral connections.

Mighty Member

I don't think these have been posted here. The first one is nice although Namor looks too skinny, maybe teenage Namor.

Quote Originally Posted by Thor-El View Post
    I don't think these have been posted here. The first one is nice although Namor looks too skinny, maybe teenage Namor.
    Does anyone know who this artist is? I really like how it includes so many Sub-Mariner characters especially Dorma and Nita. Their Tiger Shark and Attuma look great.

Posting one of my Namor sketches here, a fellow comic friend gave me the idea for a Regency Era inspired Prince Namor. He is very fancy. lol

Posting one of my Namor sketches here, a fellow comic friend gave me the idea for a Regency Era inspired Prince Namor. He is very fancy. lol
    That's awesome! Great idea too. Namor would make a great Regency character.
    Namor the Sub-Mariner, Marvel's oldest character, will have been published for 85 years in 2024. So where's my GOOD Namor anniversary ongoing, Marvel?

Quote Originally Posted by Thor-El View Post

These are all very nice. That Namorita is interesting ... like she's grown up and a ruler. Nice!

I really like that last one by Dennis Casarine. It's like he channeling Big John and Bill Everett.

Does anyone know who this artist is? I really like how it includes so many Sub-Mariner characters especially Dorma and Nita. Their Tiger Shark and Attuma look great.
    It's by Rodolfo Migliari. IIRC, it was done for a Wizard Movie Issue, and was probably based off that movie script that was circulating. It's why Krang looks like Billy Zane and Namor looks like a teenager.

That's awesome! Great idea too. Namor would make a great Regency character.
    Thanks, I like Namor in his speedo but he also looks very handsome when he puts on a suit too XD

These are all very nice. That Namorita is interesting ... like she's grown up and a ruler. Nice!

I really like that last one by Dennis Casarine. It's like he channeling Big John and Bill Everett.

It's by Rodolfo Migliari. IIRC, it was done for a Wizard Movie Issue, and was probably based off that movie script that was circulating. It's why Krang looks like Billy Zane and Namor looks like a teenager.
    Thanks Rev!

Thanks, I like Namor in his speedo but he also looks very handsome when he puts on a suit too XD

Thanks Rev!
    NP. I'd love to see him do more Namor covers. Rodolfo did an even better series of Tiger Shark covers for Villain For Hire, IIRC.

Yep. My favorite Namor is Speedo Namor, but he looks great in his ... wasn't it Armani?

Also Rev I wanted to ask you about this Interview I found was searching the web last night: https://uncannyxmen.net/secret-wars-...-first-inhuman it talks about a Namor Inhuman miniseries??? I have never heard of this before.
    Quote Originally Posted by Oberon View Post
    I can't see Namor being the first Inhuman, obviously. But I can see him having those genes, from any number of ancestral connections.
    I'm not that fond of a genetic Inhumans connection, myself. There's plenty of stuff with the Atlantean lore and the merfolk, both in the MU and our universe to drive tons of stories. I did think making Atlantis the location of ancient Attilan AND Morgan La Fey's Avalon was over done. But if they are going to go with that, they should just say Atlantis is the source of everything. ;p

Well, I discovered the dirt on the Namor the First Inhuman 'news.'

As is tradition now, April 1st saw us prank our visitors and this year we declared that we would be turning ourselves into a news site. We released a number of fake articles such as an interview about an upcoming Namor – The First Inhuman series,
    The UXN was playing an April Fool's prank.

https://uncannyxmen.net/gratuitous-s...year-in-review
    Last edited by Reviresco; 10-05-2020 at 07:23 PM.

Nice work there!