Page 87 of 145 FirstFirst ... 377783848586878889909197137 ... LastLast
Results 1,291 to 1,305 of 2163

To be fair until recently it wasn’t ok for there to be multiple versions of characters. Hence the infamous Bat-Embargo, Slade getting killed off on Arrow because of the DCEU, Hoechlin Superman just being a cameo until recently, etc.

Quote Originally Posted by Vordan View Post
    To be fair until recently it wasn’t ok for there to be multiple versions of characters. Hence the infamous Bat-Embargo, Slade getting killed off on Arrow because of the DCEU, Hoechlin Superman just being a cameo until recently, etc.
    Doom Patrol being allowed to use Cyborg as part of the main cast also coincided with WB dumping plans for a Cyborg movie after Justice League bombed.

We know Hal and John were supposed to be the movie guys, wouldn’t be surprised if Kyle was included too. Although given Johns is writing the script for the GL movie, hopefully John will get chances to shine.
    Im hoping Johns gets kicked off the movie creative team & they get a non Hal fanboy writer..

Quote Originally Posted by 4sake Baned View Post
    Im hoping Johns gets kicked off the movie creative team & they get a non Hal fanboy writer..
    Heh even if he does (and he might depending on how the stuff with Fischer pans out) it’s still going to be his stuff they’re using.

Heh even if he does (and he might depending on how the stuff with Fischer pans out) it’s still going to be his stuff they’re using.
    They could change there mind, especially if they need to disassociate themselves form him after more stuff comes out about the Fisher/JL stuff..

All-New Member

Does anyone know what comic this scan is from?2A712618-A59B-4A1A-97FC-70EC7E7631C1.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by 4sake Baned View Post
    They could change there mind, especially if they need to disassociate themselves form him after more stuff comes out about the Fisher/JL stuff..
    There’s nothing else they could use. Johns totally redefined Green Lantern on a scale not seen since Miller did Daredevil and Batman. Sinestro has been defined by Johns, and all the other Lantern Corps were created and defined by him as well. What else is there? Morrison I suppose but that’s nowhere near as popular regardless of my personal enjoyment. Plus what could they even use for John Stewart? Mosaic is decades old and written by a pedophile, you’re not ever getting an adaption of that, which is why Stewart needs new stuff badly.

BANNED

If I recall correctly, the villain of the movie would be Atrocitus last I heard, which would be totally in line with Geoff Johns, since he created Atrocitus and would probably like to expose his own creation over others. So yes, I believe that if a movie ever happens with Green Lantern, especially one written by Geoff Johns, it's very safe to bet that it will be some manner of adaptation of Geoff Johns' stories and concepts, despite the fact that the last terrible movie was largely based on his Secret Origins and used the idea of Parallax as a fear entity.

Ultimate Member

There’s nothing else they could use. Johns totally redefined Green Lantern on a scale not seen since Miller did Daredevil and Batman. Sinestro has been defined by Johns, and all the other Lantern Corps were created and defined by him as well. What else is there? Morrison I suppose but that’s nowhere near as popular regardless of my personal enjoyment. Plus what could they even use for John Stewart? Mosaic is decades old and written by a pedophile, you’re not ever getting an adaption of that, which is why Stewart needs new stuff badly.
    What material did that use for GOTG? Black Panther? Into the SPiderverse? While some of those had elements from various sources there was no one set in stone material.

Same with Manthing, Catwoman, Steel and others. Nothing is set in stone.

Someone with talent could come up with a John Stewart movie without mentioning Hal or anyone else.

The ring arrives and it takes John to OA to be the newest recruit in GLC.

Or Killowag is telling recruits of the first adventures of other lanterns. Here is John's story.

What Johns did benefitted WHO? Not anyone not named Hal even when the franchise did grow to multiple books. It all came back to ONE person and a fractured fanbase that has 10 Earth lanterns.

And if you remove one-how much backlash do you want? TRY getting rid of Jo or John in this climate. Especially Jo.

Quote Originally Posted by skyvolt2000 View Post
    Someone with talent could come up with a John Stewart movie without mentioning Hal or anyone else.
    I've been sitting on that pitch for years. no one over there wants to hear it.

What material did that use for GOTG? Black Panther? Into the SPiderverse? While some of those had elements from various sources there was no one set in stone material.

Or Killowag is telling recruits of the first adventures of other lanterns. Here is John's story.

What Johns did benefitted WHO? Not anyone not named Hal even when the franchise did grow to multiple books. It all came back to ONE person and a fractured fanbase that has 10 Earth lanterns.

And if you remove one-how much backlash do you want? TRY getting rid of Jo or John in this climate. Especially Jo.
    I mean, they gave John Hal's dynamic with Sinestro in the DCAU, so it's not unheard of.

I was waiting for this. Got one word for you skyvolt: Felicity. That’s what we get when the folks over at DC try and do their own thing. Marvel has had far greater success doing their own storylines but DC has frankly sucked. The Snyderverse was one that didn’t hew closely to the comics and we all saw how that was received, whereas Aquaman, Shazam, and WW hewed much closer and were much more positively received. You do not want Guggenheim or someone like him creating original content because most of the time it flat out sucks.

Most movie adaptions of comic book properties are usually a mix of different storylines instead of one straight adaption.

More one-to-one stuff like Shazam is rare for a Big Two film outside animated adaptions.

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by Redjack View Post
    Now, I would like to see or at least get to know your proposed story for John Stewart.

By the way, great work on Power book 2: Ghost tv series....how are plans going for the 2nd half of the season?

And why was the season cut in half to begin with?

Sorry for the side bar....just a fan of the show.

Quote Originally Posted by Redjack View Post
    Dude! You here too!