Page 151 of 179 FirstFirst ... 51101141147148149150151152153154155161 ... LastLast
Results 2,251 to 2,265 of 2680

Why buy the book if you don't enjoy it? Never understood that mentality. I haven't touched a Thor book since 2013 based on their direction.
    Last edited by HaveAtThee; 10-01-2020 at 03:48 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by HaveAtThee View Post
    Why buy the book if you don't enjoy it? Never understood that mentality. I haven't touched a Thor book since 2013 based on their direction.
    I'm afraid you won't buy any book for another 10 years.

Cate's run isn't very bad but it's not very good either.

Quote Originally Posted by Overhazard View Post
    I thought that's what Aaron was going to do too. When he didn't I thought "Oh I get it, he wants Thor to learn that he was too dependent on a hammer and that he never really needed one after all, it was just in his head." Turns out that wasn't the case either, endless bemoaning over not being worthy, getting his face pounded in, and lots of mead.
    Yeah, I was kind of thinking that Thor would simply learn not to use his hammer (like what sort of happened in the Thor Ragnorok movie). Though I guess Thor being reunited with Mjolnir was kind of cool for like 2 seconds... but Mjolnir seemingly being able to be controlled by anyone not named Thor sort of killed that buzz.

BANNED

Such a shame we're getting such a silly Avengers run where over at DC Scott Snyder delivered a very solid Justice Leagur run.

Death Metal has been underwhelming so far though, but the rest of his run was very good, wish I could say the same about Aaron's Avengers.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by GodThor View Post
    I'm afraid you won't buy any book for another 10 years.

Cate's run isn't very bad but it's not very good either.
    I disagree, Cates' run has been pretty good so far IMO.

Fantastic Member Alpha to Omega's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Wall-Crawler View Post
    I disagree, Cates' run has been pretty good so far IMO.
    Speaking of Cate' run, here is the preview for next weeks Thor #8:

https://www.previewsworld.com/Catalo...00710?Prevue=1

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Alpha to Omega View Post
    Speaking of Cate' run, here is the preview for next weeks Thor #8:

https://www.previewsworld.com/Catalo...00710?Prevue=1
    While I understand why it's controversial, it's really cool to see what other people would look like with Thor's powers.

It arguably harkens back to the original continuity where Blake was simply empowered by Thor which was why Jane could also draw power from the Hammer.

Quote Originally Posted by PCN24454 View Post
    While I understand why it's controversial, it's really cool to see what other people would look like with Thor's powers.

It arguably harkens back to the original continuity where Blake was simply empowered by Thor which was why Jane could also draw power from the Hammer.
    Not read much of original run...but can’t remember any issues where anyone else used the cane, and transformed themself into Thor.

So..assuming that memory is correct...it’s at least open ended that there was something special about Donald himself, and that few (if any) others could transform themselves into Thor by using it.

Wasn’t Beta Ray Bill first other to wield the hammer?? And in his case...an exceptional battle hardened warrior..you could see why Norse gods might well believe him to be “worthy” when almost nobody else was.

Fantastic Member Alpha to Omega's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by JackDaw View Post
    Not read much of original run...but can’t remember any issues where anyone else used the cane, and transformed themself into Thor.

So..assuming that memory is correct...it’s at least open ended that there was something special about Donald himself, and that few (if any) others could transform themselves into Thor by using it.

Wasn’t Beta Ray Bill first other to wield the hammer?? And in his case...an exceptional battle hardened warrior..you could see why Norse gods might well believe him to be “worthy” when almost nobody else was.
    No, the first wielder of the hammer besides Thor (besides Odin) was Red Norvell in Thor #276, five years before Bill. Of course the next issue explained that Norvell wasn't actually "worthy" but was basically bypassing the enchantment by having been imbued with a copy of Thor's essence that Odin had created in case Ragnarok were to happen while the real Thor was absent.

Quote Originally Posted by Alpha to Omega View Post
    No, the first wielder of the hammer besides Thor (besides Odin) was Red Norvell in Thor #276, five years before Bill. Of course the next issue explained that Norvell wasn't actually "worthy" but was basically bypassing the enchantment by having been imbued with a copy of Thor's essence that Odin had created in case Ragnarok were to happen while the real Thor was absent.
    Thanks for gen.

So 275 issues before anybody except the “big two” lifted it. Not a bad effort...

(The way Odin was written in Aaron run...he might have struggled to lift the hammer??)

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by Wall-Crawler View Post
    Such a shame we're getting such a silly Avengers run where over at DC Scott Snyder delivered a very solid Justice Leagur run.

Death Metal has been underwhelming so far though, but the rest of his run was very good, wish I could say the same about Aaron's Avengers.
    Exactly this.

Snyder JL was a little "all over the place" but it's been huge and epic.

Aaron's run has been huge but it's faaaaaaaar from epic.

Quote Originally Posted by Username taken View Post
    Exactly this.

Snyder JL was a little "all over the place" but it's been huge and epic.

Aaron's run has been huge but it's faaaaaaaar from epic.
    JLA right now is more epic, but in all fairness they are going through a crisis level event right now. It's a company wide thing. I think Aaron probably is building towards that as well, but I don't think he's there yet.

I just don't really care for the Avengers BC, Aaron's She-Hulk, or Thor getting beat up all the time.

Quote Originally Posted by Panic View Post
    Yes, this isn't a Black Panther related problem, this seems to me to be just Aaron continuing to damage Thor and troll his fan-base as much as possible. Panther has been getting similar treatment for years (though I'd argue it hasn't been as bad as what Aaron has been doing to Thor).

I said years ago that Aaron was trying to weaken Thor's claim on Mjolnir, as part of a long-term goal of replacing OG Thor, and Aaron's Avengers has done nothing to dissuade me of this notion. Thor fans should not get manipulated into blaming other heroes for what is happening - it's not their (or their fan-bases') fault, and sparking a fanboy war with Panther fans would probably suit the writer's agenda. Do not let writers play you off against other fans.
    I would tell you to go read Coates Black Panther run to see how bad T'Challa is getting chumped but I wouldn't want someone at Marvel thinking, "Gee another sale! They really must like the stories we're telling." And I also don't want you to lose any of your hard earned money.

Believe me, Coates BP has it about as bad as Aaron's Thor.

Coates hasn't done T'Challa many favors, I actually dropped the book a while back, but with Aaron and Thor we at least got God of Thunder, which was a quality Thor book, and while Thor, Odin, and the mythos in general got shat upon the basic story with Jane was still decent, if you could divorce yourself from all the rest of it. Coates' BP doesn't even have that.

I mean, I sorta appreciate what Coates has been trying to do, and the commentary he's been trying to make, but it really does not benefit T'Challa or Wakanda to have such real-world issues forced into the narrative; Wakanda is supposed to be bigger and better than us, and not have problems like human trafficking within its borders that the king ignores.
    Last edited by Ascended; 10-03-2020 at 08:06 AM.
    "We all know the truth: more connects us than separates us. But in times of crisis the wise build bridges, while the foolish build barriers. We must find a way to look after one another, as if we were one single tribe."

~ Black Panther.