Page 26 of 179 FirstFirst ... 162223242526272829303676126 ... LastLast
    Saoirse Ronan The Accuser CaptainMar-Vell92 of the Kree's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Cronus View Post
    Eh, writer's write Thor that way, but he is certainly capable of spamming lightning attacks against an enemy, or otherwise using the weather, as well as energy attacks from Mjolnir, to put an enemy down. It was mentioned earlier that Thor used Mjolnir creatively to deal with Juggernaut, so the question becomes, "why doesn't he do that everytime?"
    Yes, he used Mjolnir to create a vortex that removed Juggy's energy barrier.

I think an easy way to look at Thanos stories is that anything written by Jim Starlin, Ron Marz and Keith Giffen is the real Thanos while anything written by other authors should be dismissed as a Thanosi clone.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by kilderkin View Post
    Started great, then the head bump just made me put this down
    It's already spawned memes all over the comic book forums, everyone is coming up with scans of any random character throwing rocks as evidence that they can beat Thor.... I didn't think Cates would spawn such a lame meme that fast.

Quote Originally Posted by Intothevoid View Post
    It's already spawned memes all over the comic book forums, everyone is coming up with scans of any random character throwing rocks as evidence that they can beat Thor.... I didn't think Cates would spawn such a lame meme that fast.
    Do comic book forums hate Thor?

https://comicvine.gamespot.com/forum...ntlet-2066407/
    Last edited by CaptainMar-Vell92 of the Kree; 02-02-2020 at 11:56 AM.
    I think an easy way to look at Thanos stories is that anything written by Jim Starlin, Ron Marz and Keith Giffen is the real Thanos while anything written by other authors should be dismissed as a Thanosi clone.

Astonishing Member

I'm not that surprised

I'm already off this run

I've had enough of joke thor

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by CaptainMar-Vell92 of the Kree View Post
    Yep...............

I hope people realize why I am against the "the character will be as powerful as the plot requires him to be"... no. Thats the one reason i never got into Superman since it's his whole motto, i love the characters to have an established power level that can go up or down depending on the circumstances they are in(power ups, adrenaline/rage boosts, getting drained, getting wounded, etc...), you can't give a character a power up and have him tank blasts from a being like Galactus and tank planets exploding and in the very same issue have him be put on his knees by some weird monkey aliens throwing rocks at him... That's such a colossal difference it's insane.

Here is how i would have written the scene, Thor floats in the air gets hit by the rock from the back the rock breaks but Thor is fine yet surprised the aliens are attacking him, he approaches them calmly and tries to assure them he is on their side and wishes them no harm, they dont wanna listen and all jump on him, again he is unbothered because it's like a bunch of 4 year olds trying to swarm the Rock or something, he literally stretches his arms and they all fly off him then he calls in Sif who teleports them all to Asgard, easy... like requires little to no thought process yet stays consistent with the character. Unfortunately Cates is the kind of guy that will have Thor probably throw a star in one panel but 2 pages later have Thor exchange punches with the Daredevil or something... This run is gonna hurt my brain...

Yep...............

I hope people realize why I am against the "the character will be as powerful as the plot requires him to be"... no. Thats the one reason i never got into Superman since it's his whole motto, i love the characters to have an established power level that can go up or down depending on the circumstances they are in(power ups, adrenaline/rage boosts, getting drained, getting wounded, etc...), you can't give a character a power up and have him tank blasts from a being like Galactus and tank planets exploding and in the very same issue have him be put on his knees by some weird monkey aliens throwing rocks at him... That's such a colossal difference it's insane.

Here is how i would have written the scene, Thor floats in the air gets hit by the rock from the back the rock breaks but Thor is fine yet surprised the aliens are attacking him, he approaches them calmly and tries to assure them he is on their side and wishes them no harm, they dont wanna listen and all jump on him, again he is unbothered because it's like a bunch of 4 year olds trying to swarm the Rock or something, he literally stretches his arms and they all fly off him then he calls in Sif who teleports them all to Asgard, easy... like requires little to no thought process yet stays consistent with the character. Unfortunately Cates is the kind of guy that will have Thor probably throw a star in one panel but 2 pages later have Thor exchange punches with the Daredevil or something... This run is gonna hurt my brain...
    There are great Superman stories that are more focused on his nobility than powers. All-Star Superman is the first one that comes to mind.

BANNED

There are great Superman stories that are more focused on his nobility than powers. All-Star Superman is the first one that comes to mind.
    Oh yea i am well aware of those, also Birthright from Mark Waid was also great and didn't even focus on Supermans powers, but those stories are too far in between for me personally. If you look at Rebirth Superman, he is a complete mess he does some crazy stuff but than gets run over by steam rollers, struggles to hold back an elephant, gets KO'd every other week, nah it's too frustrating for me to follow.

I discuss the latest issue of Thor on my new podcast, Marvel Fan Rave Podcast. Have a listen https://open.spotify.com/show/30dUr7POsfUOHNnojg2GfM
    “Marvel Fan Rave Podcast” on Apple Podcasts, Spotify, and more.

I see the memes are back in full force...

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    The story's about Thor's sons, right?
    Though I thought that might be the case at first (because of the name Magne), it quickly becomes apparent that Magne is supposed to be Thor reborn. Or at least that is what I took away from it. Could be wrong, though; the last episode is disappointing in that it doesn't feel like a proper ending episode and leaves a lot up in the air.

It does feel influenced by Marvel, though, because Magne's brother is obviously a Loki analogue, and Loki and Thor weren't brothers in the myths.

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    I see the memes are back in full force...
    Remember when Comic Vine users used to call Thor ''Slowdinson''?

So, somehow Thor has gotten even more powerful as King Thor but gets knocked out with a rock to the head.

So if some powerful villain punches Thor in the face he should immediately crumble into an unconscious heap on the ground, or worse be killed.

Wow.

Still do dont they?
    "Sir, does this mean that Ann Margret's not coming?"
    ----------------------
    "One of the maddening but beautiful things about comics is that you have to give characters a sense of change without changing them so much that they violate the essence of who they are." ~ Ann Nocenti, Chris Claremont's X-Men.

...I don't think I want to ask why.

BANNED

i still call him that